The Student Room Group

Do men drive women as wild as the other way about?

So it obvious that females make more effort in displaying their sex appeal. And the sight of a pretty girl with delightful figure is an incredibly rewarding and motivating thing. Do you think girls are quite so driven by the physical appearance of their potential interests?
oh yes,in my case at least. The last guy I fancied and dated for a while,did excite me when I saw him,that stubble he had,how tall he was ,broad shoulders,when he mussed his hair into a slightly curly mess,his smile..:colondollar: Shame it didnt work out really.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
oh yes,in my case at least. The last guy I fancied and dated for a while,did excite me when I saw him,that stubble he had,how tall he was ,broad shoulders,when he mussed his hair into a slightly curly mess,his smile..:colondollar: Shame it didnt work out really.

Interesting. Mind you I have heard girls say " he was all over me" but its not such a common occurrence for me or my mates...
I think it's harder for a guy to look sexy unless he's gifted with the face of Narcissus.

Nice breasts and bum on a girl are easy to show off with some tight clothing, and hair is another big attraction for guys and that's easy to deal with too. As a guy you can't change how tall you are which is often a factor that girls like. We can do our hair and shave, or not shave, generally groom the face/head.. But if we work out and have nice arms/torso/legs or anything else that may be attractive to girls, it's usually covered by clothes.

To an extent you can show your physique off with well-fitted clothes, and knowing what shoes suit what outfit generally shows you have a decent fashion sense and know how to look good, but guys don't usually know enough about fashion to make the best of what they have.
Original post by Anonymous

It wasnt curly in the first place! Since then I shaved it off anyway...
''Mind you I have heard girls say " he was all over me" but its not such a common occurrence for me or my mates...''
What do you mean?
Reply 7
Original post by RichyFrench
I think it's harder for a guy to look sexy unless he's gifted with the face of Narcissus.

Nice breasts and bum on a girl are easy to show off with some tight clothing, and hair is another big attraction for guys and that's easy to deal with too. As a guy you can't change how tall you are which is often a factor that girls like. We can do our hair and shave, or not shave, generally groom the face/head.. But if we work out and have nice arms/torso/legs or anything else that may be attractive to girls, it's usually covered by clothes.

To an extent you can show your physique off with well-fitted clothes, and knowing what shoes suit what outfit generally shows you have a decent fashion sense and know how to look good, but guys don't usually know enough about fashion to make the best of what they have.

This...

With girls a few hours shopping and you can be set for months in terms of revealing clothing, and stuff that makes you look sexy. Hair really isn't that hard either.

Guys have it FAR FAR harder to look sexy. Grooming only goes so far, and the rest is genetics. Sure you can hit the gym, but that will take half a year minimum (for visible and attractive differences) of three times a week, two hours each time.

So we're talking about something like 112 hours of gym time (1.5 hours each time you hit the gym, three times a week, for half a year) to get a noticeable and attractive difference... which is incredibly compared to a three hour shopping spree.

Girls need to diet to get a nice figure? So do guys. You can bulk and put on the same amount of muscle but none of it will be visible. Plus dieting is bloody easy. All the help out there makes it seem impossible, people just don't want it bad enough.

Then again, that hard work feels amazing and often promotes modesty because you had to work so hard for it (unless you go the protein shake junkie/steroid way)
(edited 11 years ago)
:lol: I'm all "over" a guy I find attractive. Sure guys I like can drive me wild, I don't see why they wouldn't.
Original post by iammeyouareyou

Ah the days when a man didn't need to worry about the hair on his chest and a little bit of muscle was appealing.
Original post by RichyFrench

Not sure about "fashionable" guys. A lot of guys who are too fashion conscious do not have much sex appeal I suspect because it hardly exudes masculinity. Dressing too well is a bad idea. Women don't want a girly boy.
Original post by Classical Liberal
Not sure about "fashionable" guys. A lot of guys who are too fashion conscious do not have much sex appeal I suspect because it hardly exudes masculinity. Dressing too well is a bad idea. Women don't want a girly boy.

Lol all joking a side, I don't think there is any clear cut rule here. Some girls do like the fashionable guy some girls don't. Some girls like muscular guys some girls like cute geeky guys, some girls like hairy fat guys. Women like men are individuals. The best thing a guy can do is be themself and hope they appeal to a least one of the opposite sex.
Original post by Classical Liberal

Well that's quite unfair really. There shouldn't be a problem with looking good and knowing what to wear, but the fact that we might follow fashion then makes us seem too feminine. How do you strike the right balance? Dressing well is the pinnacle of a classy man.

A casual flick through Men's Health seems like the only way to go as they've got fashion articles in there but you maintain your masculinity. Only problem is you need a massive wad of cash to burn.
Reply 13
Definitely YES. People are attracted to different kinds of guy but you see a guy that is exactly your type and hell yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending