The Student Room Group

Possible change of courses

Is it possible to change a course although I made my decision and was sent?
Reply 1
If it's at the same uni, you can email them and ask to swap. If it's a different uni and course you want it's more tricky, although it depends what you mean by "made your decision". Have you just sent your application - if so, when? - or do you mean you selected your firm and insurance choices?
Once you have selected your five choices and sent in your application, you have seven days to change your mind. After that you can change the course (with the consent of that university) - but NOT the selected Uni. Email UCAS if you are still confused.
Reply 3
I haven't sent it, but I am not very sure of my courses. I know that I could e-mail the uni to talk about any changes, but during university, something like 1st year, could I change my course? I am very good at math and I would like to continue in this field, but also I like to work at physics or electricity. This fact makes me skeptical about my academic future :frown:
You can only change courses between 2 unis up to 1 week after it has been submitted.

You may be able to change courses when at uni, but only if there's room, and you still have to meet the entry requirements.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Clare~Bear
You can only change courses up to 1 week after it has been submitted.

Unless you discuss it with the university, or use Extra or Clearing...

Sent from my GT-S5363
Original post by Juno
Unless you discuss it with the university, or use Extra or Clearing...

Sent from my GT-S5363

I meant as in actually swapping courses from one uni to another.
Reply 7
Original post by Clare~Bear
I meant as in actually swapping courses from one uni to another.

Then you need to be clearer about what you're saying - and you're still wrong.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Sounds to me like you havnt done any real thinking about why you want to go to University - or what subject or course you want to do there.

It also sounds like you need to improve your written English skills as your ability to express yourself clearly is not adequate for study at a UK University.
Reply 9
I am not capable of expressing well my thoughts for the simple reason that I have too many ideas. I do want to study in UK, but what concerns me is the fact that I am eager to study more subjects that I am allowed. I am interested in mathematics, but also I would really like to know more in physics, computer science and also to do engineering, and not to mention astronomy. I am one of the best at mathematics in Romania, so imagine that I could be driven crazy by all my work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending