The Student Room Group

I arranged a date with someone from a sugardaddie website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, and also for not being judgemental.

If I fancy him and it turns out he is interested and wants more in terms of a NSA relationship, what do you think the best thing to do?

On his profile it says he's not limited to a sugardaddy relationship.

No worries. Just ignore those with their self-righteous attitudes. :biggrin:

Well that's a good thing I suppose, because it'll mean he's open to other options. If he is potentially interested in an actual relationship, then the best course of action would be to just openly have a conversation about it. You could always just have a trial run to see how you both feel?
Reply 81
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
No worries. Just ignore those with their self-righteous attitudes. :biggrin:

Well that's a good thing I suppose, because it'll mean he's open to other options. If he is potentially interested in an actual relationship, then the best course of action would be to just openly have a conversation about it. You could always just have a trial run to see how you both feel?

Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, just want your opinion on something.

We are in the process of planning location for meet up, I work in Surrey and we're planning on meeting up in London. He had suggested meeting up in Liverpool street which is ideal for me because I like the area, but when I told him I'm coming from Surrey so would get there for 7, he said he can meet me in Waterloo or Clapham junction if it's easier. Unfortunately for me those areas bring up bad memories because I used to go there with my ex. So I responded and said:

'Okay, great 7pm it is.

Oh you don't have to come all the way to Clapham Junction. I quite like Bishopsgate so Liverpool Street sounds great, or we can even meet up in Bank, I guess that's halfway lol.'

He still hasn't responded yet :frown:. Do you think he might have sensed my avoidance? I hope I haven't put him off.

Sorry if you dot know London well, but I hope you get what I'm trying to describe lol.
Thanks.

Sorry to be a pain, just want your opinion on something.

We are in the process of planning location for meet up, I work in Surrey and we're planning on meeting up in London. He had suggested meeting up in Liverpool street which is ideal for me because I like the area, but when I told him I'm coming from Surrey so would get there for 7, he said he can meet me in Waterloo or Clapham junction if it's easier. Unfortunately for me those areas bring up bad memories because I used to go there with my ex. So I responded and said:

'Okay, great 7pm it is.

Oh you don't have to come all the way to Clapham Junction. I quite like Bishopsgate so Liverpool Street sounds great, or we can even meet up in Bank, I guess that's halfway lol.'

He still hasn't responded yet :frown:. Do you think he might have sensed my avoidance? I hope I haven't put him off.

Sorry if you dot know London well, but I hope you get what I'm trying to describe lol.

You're not. :laugh:

I wouldn't say so. If anything, it comes across as you being considerate, rather than wanting to avoid the location.
Reply 83
You're not. :laugh:

I wouldn't say so. If anything, it comes across as you being considerate, rather than wanting to avoid the location.

Haha, cool, thanks.

Hope he responds!
Haha, cool, thanks.

Hope he responds!

No problem.

Patience. :biggrin:
Reply 85
No problem.

Patience. :biggrin:

Haha thanks.

He messaged back, lol those butterflies are back in my stomach
Haha thanks.

He messaged back, lol those butterflies are back in my stomach

:biggrin: Good good.

When are you meeting him?
Reply 87
:biggrin: Good good.

When are you meeting him?

Tomorrow. So nervous lol.

Ahh good luck!

Just be confident. :yep:
Reply 89

Good luck, tell us how it goes.
Which website are you on? I'm just curious, it can say something about the 'type' of guys on there. Some of these sites are more serious and some are just sites where a lot of girls offer their 'services', I read an article about a few with bad rep. You can PM it to me if you want.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Fuzzpig
Lmao of course he's sleazy, he's on a sugar daddy website!

Oh come on. People are attracted to different things ... some mature guys are not only hot, but know a lot more on what they're doing ...

How did it go? :smile:
Reply 92
How did it go? :smile:

He cancelled yesterday's, he said he had some work colleagues who were visiting to entertain. We rescheduled for today but he's just cancelled, citing work :mad:

He just texted saying he will make it up to me.

I don't know whether or not to just call it off, or just to give it another chance, given its not a normal dating situation.

I'd made myself look all pretty lol @.
He cancelled yesterday's, he said he had some work colleagues who were visiting to entertain. We rescheduled for today but he's just cancelled, citing work :mad:

I don't know whether or not to just call it off, or just to give it another chance, given its not a normal dating situation.

Well that's disappointing to hear. You're certainly right to question whether to give it another go. Just don't let it get you down, if he said he'll make it up to you, then hopefully he will?
Reply 94

There are certain possibilities here
- He is married (not unnatural for an attractive, well off 45 year old. He wouldn't mention it anyway) and things with his wife is getting in the way
- He is very nervous and not sure if he wants to go through with it
- There is another girl from the site in the picture whom he was more interested in meeting up with

I'd say give it one more chance, but if he cancels again, drop it. The fact that you got ready for the date when he canceled, says he canceled quite late and it is disrespectful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95
Well that's disappointing to hear. You're certainly right to question whether to give it another go. Just don't let it get you down, if he said he'll make it up to you, then hopefully he will?

Thanks for this. I will then give it one more go, he had said he'd call me tonight so we could talk over the phone, I told him that I'd rather have an early night, so maybe I'd speak to him tomorrow or when he gets back from his business trip.
Reply 96
Original post by Millie228
- He is married (not unnatural for an attractive, well off 45 year old. He wouldn't mention it anyway) and things with his wife is getting in the way
- There is another girl from the site in the picture whom he was more interested in meeting up with

I'd say give it one more chance, but if he cancels again, drop it. The fact that you got ready for the date when he canceled, says he canceled quite late and it is disrespectful.

Thanks for putting forward the possibilities. So far he's painted a 'bachelors' picture, I'd be so disappointed if he's married because he would have wasted so much of my time. How can I test that out?

I was quite nervous and unsure about it as well, so I can relate to that one, so while I was disappointed, I was also relieved.

Yes, I did wonder about the last one too. I guess I need to find out how long he's been using the site and how many girls he's met from there. It will give me an idea of why he uses the site, it may be his regular pick up bar.

He had suggested calling me tonight, but I said I'll have an early night, so maybe to speak another time. It would have been first time speaking on the phone.
Reply 97
Original post by Millie228

It goes without saying but, be safe.
God alive.

Is this world going crazy or what? O.o
I'm into older men, like Pierrce Brosnan :coma:

But I don't want to be a sugarbaby in the context of these dating websites. I might like this guy though, he might be looking for a genuine girlfriend.

he also might be ****ing loaded

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending