The Student Room Group

I love one person and always will

Anon cos friends here.

Anyone else feel this way? Other things come and go, but she's there in my mind above all else. I love one person for ever. Don't care about settling down with anyone else.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well if you're no longer with this "girl" then you're going to have to move on.
I do sort of feel that way. I mean i moved on but he's somewhere in my head. But i guess it's normal cos he is the first guy that i really like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
My thoughts are that this is not true, you just think it is. I've felt that way, I got over it. Most people do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

It's tough though, and I feel for you. I hope you do get over them.
I felt that way. I don't anymore.

Don't say you'll absolutely never love anyone else, because you can't know that.
Everyone says the same thing and the truth is eventually you move on and get over it. I did the exact same thing. It's a nice sentiment, romantic but totally unrealistic.
Reply 6
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Everyone says the same thing and the truth is eventually you move on and get over it. I did the exact same thing. It's a nice sentiment, romantic but totally unrealistic.

Woo! Anyone who has their username based on a Tool song knows exactly what they're talking about. :wink:
Reply 7
This is 100% not true. Move onto the next one, trust me you will forget about that one straight away

Or just learn to be happy alone. That way you won't become so dependant on somebody else and will have a far happier relationship because of it

Very cliche but learn to love yourself before you love somebody else. Never any better advice has been given... Within reason
Reply 8
Original post by Schichtoe
My thoughts are that this is not true, you just think it is. I've felt that way, I got over it. Most people do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

It's tough though, and I feel for you. I hope you do get over them.

It's the beginning. I'll be with her in the future.
Reply 9
Original post by DMitchwell
This is 100% not true. Move onto the next one, trust me you will forget about that one straight away

Or just learn to be happy alone. That way you won't become so dependant on somebody else and will have a far happier relationship because of it

Very cliche but learn to love yourself before you love somebody else. Never any better advice has been given... Within reason

I am happy alone. It's why I'm not seeking marriage and kids with anyone.
She remains special to me.
I'm feeling this way as well. Though I know that we'll never be together as she's rejected me and is now with someone else. I really hope that it will go away eventually. It's been around a year now.
Reply 11
How old are you?
The first person you love will always have a place in your heart. I know that i feel I could never love again if I broke up with my bf. but she obviously wasn't 'the one', everyone will find that person they will love and be with for their life. Getting over your first love can be one of the hardest emotional things to move on from
Reply 13
I felt that way, for quite a while actually. It hurt like hell and I couldn't get over it. Then it slowly turned into a more passive form of always loving them despite realising nothing would happen again. And now its a neutral feeling of aloofness; I don't hold any hate or love, but still wish them well like I do towards most people.

Time heals my friend, time heals.
Reply 14
Original post by Ebony19
How old are you?

Are you Angel or Buffy? I'm guessing the former....

On a more serious note, I don't think you ever forget your first serious true love or that it is reasonable for someone to expect you to have no feelings about that period in your life. So if you find someone else it doesn't mean you have to give it up unless you are going out with that person thinking they're the one you want to go out with. Unless its all you think about to the extent you can't function then I'd recommend you talk to a professional. I do also think that you will find someone who you care deeply about and they will care about you back - which do you prefer? Mutual love or unrequited?
Original post by Anonymous

How long have you liked this person? Have you told them or is a relationship not possible?
Reply 17
Original post by Macroverse
How long have you liked this person? Have you told them or is a relationship not possible?

I've liked them a couple of years. And a relationship could be possible, she is childfree. I have her precious in my mind and am prepared for things not to work. The love is still there.
Reply 18
As for unrequited, I don't even know it is yet. It hasn;t gone that far, we are both single.
Original post by Anonymous
I've liked them a couple of years. And a relationship could be possible, she is childfree. I have her precious in my mind and am prepared for things not to work. The love is still there.

Why don't you ask her out?? The best advice a friend gave me was that more people google "I wish I asked her out" than "I wish I didn't ask her out".

It's scary but even if she says no you don't have to put your life on her - admittedly it takes a long time to get over it. I'm female and asked out a guy for the first time last month and he said no and everyone knew I asked him but I still would have asked him as now I don't think about him so much - only 5-10 a day then every ten minutes.

What do you think? You have to be ready to take the step though and it's up to you. It can be wonderful or devastating but if you don't ask you never know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending