The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

1. intelligence, aspirstions & ambitions
2. extraordinary personality
3. well-dressed
4. advanterous
5. preferably dark haired :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Sense of humor:wink:
Nice eyes
Hight
Down to earth(not that stuck up)
Family guy(not the tv program :L)
~ Intelligence
~ Confidence
~ Good looks
~ Good sense of humour
~ Has aspirations

:redface:
Reply 23
Why do so many girls seemingly want a sense of humour, yet so few guys want the same?
1. Nice eyes (I am a sucker for beautiful eyes)
2. Good Sense of Humour
3. Intelligent
3. Laid Back
4. Well Dressed
5. "I ain't sayin' I'm Gold Digger but I ain't messin' with no broke *insert racial slur here*"
Reply 25
1. Intelligence
2. Confidence
2.5 A Jaguar XJ.
3. Kidding about 2.5, I would be content with an E class. But I'd say height, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a guy who was shorter than me.
4. Ambition
5. Loyalty
I'm honestly surprised at how often height has been mentioned in this thread. It's never been something that I've considered a "necessary" trait for a guy to have, especially since they have no control over it! But here are my top 5:

1. Intelligence or cleverness
2. Ability to be both serious and silly
3. Attractive (basic hygiene, gets properly dressed in the morning, etc.)
4. Good taste (music, films, etc.)
5. Genuinely fun to be around
Great hair cut ( and not bald or split ended long hair)
Compatible music passions
Educated
Fun
Not commitment shy (Overkeen-ness in sex too early is an instant turn off and sends alarm bells)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by scherzi
Why do so many girls seemingly want a sense of humour, yet so few guys want the same?

Because we've accepted that women are unable to be funny.

I guess I should probably attempt to protect my testes now, this is going to be painful :lol:
Reply 29
Original post by aarora
Need to be really funny.
Really tall.
Nice swag.
Slightly rude.
Nice eyes.

when you get tired off the jobless slouch that beats on you remember you wrote this. but don't worry it'll be ok he'll have "swag".
Reply 30
Humour
Caring
Taller than me
Loyalty
Honesty
Reply 31
Original post by canadamoose
I'm honestly surprised at how often height has been mentioned in this thread. It's never been something that I've considered a "necessary" trait for a guy to have, especially since they have no control over it!

How so? I assume it's all part of the "I am programmed to search for a suitable mate" thing. I guess suitable often means taller and stronger than the female. But maybe because we like to wear heels without having to bend down just to hear what he's saying. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Original post by *~HeartShapedBox
Sense of fun/humour - but not a LAD type cocky overly confident douchebag. Someone who is good to laugh and joke with, shares the same interests as me....and is willing to cuddle in bed watching Family Guy DVDs :biggrin:
Nice eyes
Being well dressed - someone who takes a reasonable amount of care in their appearance
Being intelligent and affectionate - not only interested in sex and getting drunk. Dumb guys: eg the TOWIE/Geordie Shore type who can't even place London or Paris on a map of the world really put me off
Thoughtful/Understanding - someone who actually takes the time to listen to any problems

I know you said 5, but loyalty is also important. A boyfriend who would go out bedding other girls behind my back and not giving a **** about truly being in a relationship would be my worst nightmare :frown:

family guy is awesomeeeeeee.
Intelligent
Funny
Adventurous
Likes animals
Kind
Reply 34
In a dream world...
Adventurous
Tall
Intelligent
Hilarious
Spontaneous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Sense of humour
Confidence
Kindness
Trustworthiness/Dependability
Good looks + body
(edited 11 years ago)
Top 5:
Consideration/decency. Most guys (and gals for that matter) can be an angel to someone they want/want something out of. I like to look carefully and see how he treats everybody - is he respectful? Is he helpful? Is he caring? If I see someone doing kind deeds for others this impresses me.

Confidence

Humour, wit in particular is something that generates chemistry for me and is very important. I like that cheeky/flirty sense of fun.

Respect for my independance and individuality.

I find loyalty/admiration attractive, I am a bit of a sucker for devotion (need to feel loved?). But not the desperate and often rather selfish kind. The kind where I feel someone really knows me, and likes me for me.

---

There's too many more to list really, I don't especially care about hair or eyes or any body part or even height in particular. I'm very short so it would take an exceptional guy to be shorter, even then I wouldn't rule it out. I like an attractive face but my range is pretty wide (I tend to start fancying people I was initially put off by), I prefer a slim athletic build but again I'm pretty tolerant. I don't really need someone to be particularly intelligent (although a certain kind is required for wit), or ambitious - I have enough of those of my own; provided they aren't really lazy/a waster. Honesty is fairly important, but tbh it's not a special priority of mine - I think "loyalty" covers the important stuff. I quite like someone up for a discussion.
1. Intelligence and consequently, a passion and aptitude for a subject
2. Sense of humour.
3. Caring/understanding of my past and problems, etc.
4. Well spoken
5. That dark, mysterious look. Bit like Andrew Garfield.

But looking at myself, I would take anyone :tongue:

But in all honesty, someone with a decent personality and someone who is really easy to get along with would be perfect.
Reply 38
these girls are lying, all we need is money
Reply 39
Original post by smd4std
these girls are lying, all we need is money

Genuinely, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending