The Student Room Group

Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy.

Scroll to see replies

6ft +, I'm quite tall and like to wear heels
Blue eyes
A full head of hair, I usually go for blondes but that's not essential
Smart
Either slim or muscular but not fat.

I recently surprised myself by being attracted to a short, brown eyed guy though so "type" doesn't really mean much.
Reply 81
"Clean" is a very peculiar requirement that is nevertheless quite commonly desired. Aren't most guys clean?!
Reply 82
Original post by lastlullabyy
1. intelligence, aspirstions & ambitions
2. extraordinary personality
3. well-dressed
4. advanterous
5. preferably dark haired :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, what does that include?
Reply 83
I like a guy to be (in no particular order)
- Funny
- Smart
- Taller than me
- Attractive
- Confident enough to make the first move (cause I won't :P)

Contrary to the whole 'tall, dark and handsome' thing, I actually prefer guys to have blue eyes and light hair :smile:
My fiancée has blue eyes and ginger hair and I think he's gorgeous! Regarding the tall thing, I'm 5'7" so as long as they are a bit taller than that I'm sold :smile:
Reply 84
nice hair and eyes - i don't know why, but seem to be more attracted to blonds.. i think liking " tall, brown and handsome" is too mainstream nowadays. :tongue:
confidence, and not afraid to take a chance in life, so focused and have a goal of their own.
Tall - for the reason i'm not a short girl.
Someone who has the same interests as me/ have good conversation/ always something to say.
and, being loyal is a given. no one wants a cheating boyfriend.

I know there is more than 5 there, sorry. :biggrin:
Respect - that informs his treatment of the world and perception of women
Responsibility - upholds his commitments
Enthusiasm - for what he does/other interests, exceptionally good at whatver it is he wants to do?
Intelligence - goes without saying, perhaps share a similar dry sense of humour/ sarcasm too? At least understand my references!! Will be able to undertsand me.
Good character (kindness, humble etc)

(Also, taller than me/''bigger'' than me/not incredibly unattractive)
Original post by Anonymous
Respect - that informs his treatment of people and perception of women
Responsibility - upholds his commitments
Enthusiasm - for what he does/other interests, exceptionally good at whatver it is he wants to do?
Intelligence - goes without saying, perhaps share a similar dry sense of humour/ sarcasm too? At least understand my references!! Will be able to undertsand me.
Good character (kindness, humble etc)

(Also, taller than me/''bigger'' than me/not incredibly unattractive)

sorry!
1. Defined abs
2. Large penis
3. Nice biceps
4. Thick thighs
5. Low hangers

Anything else is just superficial.
Original post by Pawsies
Most girls truthfully just look for the D.

I personally quite like a bloke to have:
eyes
ears
nose
hair
body

I would be willing to compromise though :wink:

So you don't like bald people, eh?
(edited 11 years ago)
To be like Aragorn D: D: D: D:

</lol>
Original post by ACBLISS
Tbh this just made me laugh :tongue:

I commend you sir *tips hat*, for finding silly things such as my ramblings about Bats funny :tongue:
Reply 91
Original post by Aaron9890
I have been told i am funny so i hope that's one of the main things girls look for . I am also quite tall (6ft) I have a feminine hair and eye colour combination though, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I notice girls tend to like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. i fit the tall bill at least. Just wanted to get an idea as to what a girl looks for in a guy for future reference, i suppose it's all down to preference. I have had 2 girlfriends and i am 18 but i notice i am not the common girls 'type' being blonde. I think most girls like brown haired guys from my experience

1) Good Banter
2) Ideally about 5"8 or taller so that they are taller than me by a bit (yes, i'm short)
3) Not too jealous or clingy/are able to trust you when it comes to guy mates
4) Act the same around me whether their mates are there or not
5) Good sense of style (no particular style just... pull your jeans up from your ankles!)

:smile:
Reply 92
Tbh no one's going to post an honest response unless it's done anonymously. Everyone (myself included) is a lot more shallow than they think they are, and appearance often plays a large part in the decision. The truth is you're unlikely to think of someone as a potential partner unless you like how they look.

Furthermore, people don't say they appearance matters all that much so they don't sound shallow, hence these posts aren't very reliable.
Reply 93
long-haired men, smoker, good looking and friendly
Knows how to have fun, gives me my space, has pretty eyes, play sports and passionate in his doings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
I commend you sir *tips hat*, for finding silly things such as my ramblings about Bats funny :tongue:

Some people would call it being weird :P Even though i accept i'm weird, I thank you for not calling me it :biggrin: :P
Reply 96
Original post by Aaron9890
I have been told i am funny so i hope that's one of the main things girls look for . I am also quite tall (6ft) I have a feminine hair and eye colour combination though, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I notice girls tend to like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. i fit the tall bill at least. Just wanted to get an idea as to what a girl looks for in a guy for future reference, i suppose it's all down to preference. I have had 2 girlfriends and i am 18 but i notice i am not the common girls 'type' being blonde. I think most girls like brown haired guys from my experience

they look for the D. not d. THE D.
Reply 97
Original post by Ben Sh
long-haired men, smoker, good looking and friendly

I am talking about what I would look for in a guy btw :smile:
Original post by ACBLISS
Some people would call it being weird :P Even though i accept i'm weird, I thank you for not calling me it :biggrin: :P

:smile: I prefer the term 'unique', I don't know you but you don't seem weird at all to me :biggrin:
Reply 99
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
:smile: I prefer the term 'unique', I don't know you but you don't seem weird at all to me :biggrin:

Wow! I is unique :tongue:
Hmm well err i laugh at anything :tongue: and i mean anything :tongue:.......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending