The Student Room Group

why did ex do this? lingering feelings?

[h="1"]Why did ex look at my photo blog?

I run a Wordpress photojournal blog and I broke up with him in November. He was immature, and breaking promises to visit me when he never would, then saying I was always exaggerating when I tried to tell him just how hurt and crying I felt. I know it was him b/c he's in a foreign country where nobody knows about Wordpress b/c its a non-English speaking country around Norway.

I met someone else and it's our 5 month anniversary in a couple weeks. He makes me feel special, he cooks dinner with me, and he's visiting me soon. His friends like me and we all get along. He is everything I could possibly want in a boyfriend, and more.

Why would my ex look at my photo blog? Is he just reminiscing about old times or something? I put up photos of Switzerland and Germany and lots of cool countries I visited right after I broke up with him...I'm confused.
Reply 1
Original post by wildirishrose
[h="1"]Why did ex look at my photo blog?

I run a Wordpress photojournal blog and I broke up with him in November. He was immature, and breaking promises to visit me when he never would, then saying I was always exaggerating when I tried to tell him just how hurt and crying I felt. I know it was him b/c he's in a foreign country where nobody knows about Wordpress b/c its a non-English speaking country around Norway.

I met someone else and it's our 5 month anniversary in a couple weeks. He makes me feel special, he cooks dinner with me, and he's visiting me soon. His friends like me and we all get along. He is everything I could possibly want in a boyfriend, and more.

Why would my ex look at my photo blog? Is he just reminiscing about old times or something? I put up photos of Switzerland and Germany and lots of cool countries I visited right after I broke up with him...I'm confused.

Probably just curious to see what you're up to now. I wouldn't read too much into it, he probably just stumbled onto it when he had nothing to do.
Just concentrate on your new relationship which sounds awesome :smile:
Hey, it could be due to several reasons - curiousity, boredom, to see how you've been since the break up or because he still has some feelings for you. It could be a combination of these things. Sometimes, its difficult to completely forget about your ex if you've been together for a while and especially if you're still single! I wouldn't think much of it and just continue with your life. You're happy at the moment and so long he's not upsetting you, then you have nothing to worry about!
It might be curiosity--a 'what's she been up to' type of thing. If you severed all contact since the break-up, maybe he regrets not treating you better. If you're in a relationship now and he's still single, he could be feeling wistful/slightly sad. It's a mix of...everything.
Reply 4
thanks. I broke up with him. He broke me. Several months ago. He's the reason I cried for weeks until I met my bf, who helped put a smile on my face again...
he might miss you possibly. but get over the past and move on.
Reply 6
Are you not concerned that your interest in this may be your lingering feelings?
Reply 7
People don't just break up and wipe their memories; there will always be lingering feelings, no matter how unpleasant the relationship itself, or the split, may have been.

In that respect, it shouldn't be confusing as to why he's looked at your photo blog. I look at peoples' photos all the time, particularly if I see it on my Facebook timeline, or a link to something somewhere. A lot of the time it's years since I've seen or spoken to the person, and I'm not genuinely that interested in what I'm looking at, but I find myself doing it anyway. Like when you end up reading odd Wikipedia articles.

How visible is your blog? Have you advertised it anywhere? it could be that he just stumbled across it and thought he'd have a look.

Of course he may still have feelings for you. Or he may just be curious to see what you've been up to. If there was anything to worry about, no doubt he'd have done more to make you aware of his presence than simply looking at your blog.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending