The Student Room Group

Life in London depressing...

Is it just me who thinks that it is so depressing here?..i mean ive been out to different cities in Britain and out the country but its just that here it is boring.Almost everyone got a sour face on the street the weather has its times when it can be alright but mostly grey and not to mention snow in April :s-smilie:.The life is not exciting as i can see why allot of students like me go to the party islands in Europe.One part of London i would say is the best is probably west London but even there you have the rich that looks low of everyone...
Reply 1
Well I think when you've lived somewhere all your life, no matter where that is, you can start to see only the negatives and find it a bit boring. There are lots of great things about London - it's diverse and multicultural, there's always stuff going on, the architecture and history is interesting, it's beautiful in places and has some really nice big parks and open green spaces.

When I get frustrated with living here I try to remind myself of the people who visit from other parts of the country (and the rest of the world) and how excited they are to be here.
Thats London everyones there for the money not the living standards.
Reply 3
Original post by Bill_Gates
Thats London everyones there for the money not the living standards.

I agree 100% our currency is the main thing
Reply 4
No surprise. London is a dump.

1. Too many people crammed into too small a space, especially when everyone from outside commutes in.

2. Miserable people.

3. Too many high crime areas with large concentrations of scum.

4. Overpriced. What you're paying for certainly isn't worth it.

5. Playground for the rich. It thrives on 'The City' and the trade that brings in.
Reply 5
I went to London for six months last year. I gotta say, London does indeed have a lot to offer, but in my experience, most Londoner do tend to walk around with afrown, whereas everyone else seems to enjoy it very much. Try to get into contact with the visitors and I'm sure you'll leanr to like it more =)
Original post by moregano
When I get frustrated with living here I try to remind myself of the people who visit from other parts of the country (and the rest of the world) and how excited they are to be here.

Echoing this statement. I recently returned from a trip abroad and after arriving home, dumped my bags and went into town for Chinese food. I was still downbeat. On reflection, why? I had just got back from one of Europe's less exciting countries by most standards, and back to London at that. I just think of the times when I was yearning to be back here with friends, and when I'm in a good summery mood here..

It's not overpriced.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest