The Student Room Group

Isn't it terrible to be black and gay?

Anon please.
Isn't it excruciating to be black and like guys? I particularly like guys (white guys) who would otherwise like white guys too and it seems that black guys aren't considered attractive or whatever, especially with the popular twink scene and I particularly like those type of young twink guys.

It's so bad that I'm actually being forced to almost *turn* straight because although I'm not exactly unattractive (been with fit girls of different races), I don't exactly fit the kind of image typically young white gay guys go for.Am I overreacting? If you're gay/bi, would you even give second glance to a dark guy, let alone go for him? I'm black by the way and was born in Scotland.

It just seems that the type of guys I would like to go for (young, fit, white) would also go for those same type of guys (white) or maybe Asian, but not black
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Anon please.
Isn't it excruciating to be black and like guys? I particularly like guys (white guys) who would otherwise like white guys too and it seems that black guys aren't considered attractive or whatever, especially with the popular twink scene and I particularly like those type of young twink guys.

It's so bad that I'm actually being forced to almost *turn* straight because although I'm not exactly unattractive (been with fit girls of different races), I don't exactly fit the kind of image typically young white gay guys go for.Am I overreacting? If you're gay/bi, would you even give second glance to a dark guy, let alone go for him? I'm black by the way and was born in Scotland.

It just seems that the type of guys I would like to go for (young, fit, white) would also go for those same type of guys (white) or maybe Asian, but not black

Well if it was me, I don't just go for looks, so yes I would give a second glance to a dark guy and give them a chance. Unfortunately not all gays have that kind of attitude.
You know, I just think you've got to be confident in who you are. As in realizing the fact you're black and gay doesn't make anything worse than it already is? You know? I think it becomes hard once you tell yourself you're not what other people are searching for. I feel like once you accept all your perks, it really doesn't matter what other people are searching for. You just kinda adopt this "This is what I am, take it or leave it" kind of attitude.
You know, I just think you've got to be confident in who you are. As in realizing the fact you're black and gay doesn't make anything worse than it already is? You know? I think it becomes hard once you tell yourself you're not what other people are searching for. I feel like once you accept all your perks, it really doesn't matter what other people are searching for. You just kinda adopt this "This is what I am, take it or leave it" kind of attitude.

^ Even if you are not black you still NEED to be confident in who you are before you even date anyone. If you are not confident in yourself then you are not ready to date.
I thought that black guys were more 'in demand' in the gay community. I've gotten the impression that penis size is a lot more important to gay guys than it is to girls, so with black guys having bigger equipment on average would be more sought after when looking to hook up with someone. That being said, it could only be a thing for ONS's and it's less important when trying to find a partner.

On the surface of it, I can't see any reason why the issue would be different with gender. As in, isn't it also difficult for black girls who like white guys. Do white gay guys really prefer someone of their own ethnicity compared to a straight white guy who may not be as fussy?
Reply 5
Anon please.

It's a bit ironic you're complaining about how gay guys don't go for black guys, when you're a gay guy who doesn't go for black guys...
Anon please.

Why does it matter if you're balck/white/asian? If you like white guys, then go for it. If they don't like you back, its because they don't have any connection with you, not because you're black. Stop being insecure, All races are beautiful and equally viewed in the modern society.
Reply 7
Original post by RichyFrench
I thought that black guys were more 'in demand' in the gay community. I've gotten the impression that penis size is a lot more important to gay guys than it is to girls, so with black guys having bigger equipment on average would be more sought after when looking to hook up with someone. That being said, it could only be a thing for ONS's and it's less important when trying to find a partner.

On the surface of it, I can't see any reason why the issue would be different with gender. As in, isn't it also difficult for black girls who like white guys. Do white gay guys really prefer someone of their own ethnicity compared to a straight white guy who may not be as fussy?

Second this, I thought that it was worse for Asians to be honest...
Reply 8
When I read the thread title I expected it to be more a cultural commentary, in that black communities tend to be more socially conservative.

I know one or two black gay people from university, and the impression I got was they suffered the same reasons as white gay people. That being general attractiveness and confidence counted more than skin colour. *shrugs* I'd date a black guy.
Reply 9
I'm a lesbian, and I frequent gay clubs. From what I have seen all guys are all over the black guys, especially the muscular ones,so I don't understand why you have a problem. Maybe you need to take a trip to London town.
Reply 10
A gay, black, Jewish gypsy. That's someone to feel sorry for!
Nothing wrong with having a preference it doesn't matter what race you are some people are going to find you attractive whilst some will not. This applies to every race.
Reply 12
You need to listen to gaga's BORN THIS WAY :smile:

Richy you seem to have been exposed to the worst type of gay guy a "size queen", and whilst some people do choose this superficial reason for their partners, I would hope most don't. Albeit, I don't have data to back this up.

OP, I genuinely hope to the majority the colour of your skin doesn't matter. It wouldn't matter to me, and has never matted for me in the past.

I think the problem could be with the "twink" scene you seem to have a penchant for. A lot of the people I have met who term themselves a "twink" were very much not nice people in general, after all by using that term they are stating their strongest asset is their youth, so I would imagine it's quite superficial in general. (That being said I'm sure there are very nice "twinks" out there to balance!)
Reply 14
Am I the only one who feels kind of uncomfortable whenever somebody says "twink"?
It almost sounds like a code word for paedophiles.
Reply 15
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
A gay, black, Jewish gypsy. That's someone to feel sorry for!

FAT. You forgot FAT!
Original post by ExWunderkind
Richy you seem to have been exposed to the worst type of gay guy a "size queen", and whilst some people do choose this superficial reason for their partners, I would hope most don't. Albeit, I don't have data to back this up.

I see.. Well, I'm not particularly clued up on the gay community, that was just my perception of it, and someone obviously thought a neg was justifiable for my lack of understanding. :rolleyes: I'm not at all ignorant towards those kinda issues, so thanks for enlightening me ever so slightly.
I see.. Well, I'm not particularly clued up on the gay community, that was just my perception of it, and someone obviously thought a neg was justifiable for my lack of understanding. :rolleyes: I'm not at all ignorant towards those kinda issues, so thanks for enlightening me ever so slightly.

Hey mate it wasn't me I assure you. I don't know why you received the negs, I will actually attempt to counterbalance this act now.

Your point was incredibly valid, as there are people out there who are "size queens" and who may hold the misconception that black men have larger genatalia.

What you said wasn't offensive, so just ignore the negs mate.
Original post by ExWunderkind
Hey mate it wasn't me I assure you. I don't know why you received the negs, I will actually attempt to counterbalance this act now.

Your point was incredibly valid, as there are people out there who are "size queens" and who may hold the misconception that black men have larger genatalia.

What you said wasn't offensive, so just ignore the negs mate.

I know it wasn't you mate, you've got a rational head on your shoulders and can discuss stuff properly without getting angry and negging to show your outrage. It doesn't bother me but I think it's funny how people do neg, but they don't stop by to explain why they disagreed so much.

If they said what they found so offensive, distasteful or simply incorrect then I'd be less likely to upset people in the future for the same reason. I'm not stubborn, I take criticism on board :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by RedArrow
FAT. You forgot FAT!

And Ginger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending