The Student Room Group

Ucas trouble help

Hey guys, I applied to do Social Work through UCAS and they offered me a conditional. Long story short, there is no way I can meet the conditions, so I declined the conditional I received.
I was going to apply for Nursing through UCAS Extra, but it won't give me the option of using Extra. UCAS won't even let me just apply for the course itself. Is there any reason for this? Is there any reason why I wouldn't be eligible to apply for Extra?
Reply 1
It sounds like you only applied to one choice. You need to have used all 5 spaces to apply through Extra. You can add your "Extra choice" as an additional choice instead.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
It sounds like you only applied to one choice. You need to have used all 5 spaces to apply through Extra. You can add your "Extra choice" as an additional choice instead.

Yeah it was just the one choice. For some reason I can't apply for another course. But I've already rejected my conditional. Does this mean I can't apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Katiekj25
Yeah it was just the one choice. For some reason I can't apply for another course. But I've already rejected my conditional. Does this mean I can't apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it just means you're doing it wrong. Unless you used all 5 spots you can't use Extra. But because you didn't use all 5, you still have 4 more spaces to use!

You should have an option to add another choice online, but if you can't figure it out then phone UCAS who will be able to do it for you.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
No, it just means you're doing it wrong. Unless you used all 5 spots you can't use Extra. But because you didn't use all 5, you still have 4 more spaces to use!

You should have an option to add another choice online, but if you can't figure it out then phone UCAS who will be able to do it for you.

Okay thank you for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You have to use up the 4 other options before you can use extra. Once all 5 have been rejected / declined, a person can use extra.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending