The Student Room Group

Boyfriend's friend is trouble

Anon cos my BF knows my username and we keep fighting about this...

My BF doesn't have many friends; the guy he mostly hangs around with is a decent chap BUT he has one massive flaw that I cannot stand. He is always trying a new 'get rich quick' scheme, which is normally fairly illegal. :frown:

His past schemes have included re-routing illegal websites (I don't even know) via proxies, buying stolen mobile phones for cheap online and selling them on as new, buying 'laptops' from America and selling them on (actually, this one was a scam that he got stung with) and holding a market stall selling home made cake (that one wasn't illegal but went down the pan when he realised that he really couldn't just erect his own stall on the market square and sell as he wanted to). Short to say he aint the smartest tool in the box :rolleyes:

His new idea is ridiculous though - he buys pills/drugs (not sure what ones, I'm fairly certain cocaine was mentioned but I think my BF was joking - he can't be that dumb... most likely just prescription pills like ritalin) from South America and then sells them on here for double the price. Fine, whatever, it's his life and he can do whatever stupidly illegal things he wants... but last week I found his briefcase in my BFs flat; the briefcase he uses to move the drugs around. Not on.

My BF always says that he would never take part in his activities (he has a full time job and doesn't really have time even if he wanted to) but the fact that he uses his flat as an alternative 'product area' pisses me off no end. We're moving into a flat together soon and this cannot carry on. If I ask him he gets really upset abut it and stops the conversation.
I personally wouldn't want to move into a flat with someone who finds it acceptable to have a case of illegal drugs stashed in his flat. It's impossible to set ground rules if you both don't agree on them, one can't inforce a rule that the other isn't bothered about.
Reply 2
AFAIK the case didn't have any drugs in it at the time, just weighing scales and a scalpel or something :rolleyes: I agree, but I don't know how to bring this up without causing an argument. He no longer uses drugs (used to smoke cigarettes and weed) because I asked him to stop so now whenever I talk about it he gets upset that I don't trust him.
Reply 3
So long as it can't come back on you that's all that matters.
Reply 4
His new plan is to sell arms - guns and knives - to the chavs of my home town.

I think he was dropped on his head at birth.

****S SAKE.

TBH I just wanted a whinge :colondollar: as I said, if I bring it up with my BF it becomes a personal attack on his friend. Which it is, but he doesn't like that. And all my friends are straight edged so would think I'm crazy to still be going out with my BF (even though we've been together for years)
Original post by Anonymous
His new plan is to sell arms - guns and knives - to the chavs of my home town.

I think he was dropped on his head at birth.

****S SAKE.

TBH I just wanted a whinge :colondollar: as I said, if I bring it up with my BF it becomes a personal attack on his friend. Which it is, but he doesn't like that. And all my friends are straight edged so would think I'm crazy to still be going out with my BF (even though we've been together for years)

Please leave him!
Reply 6
Original post by insignificant
Please leave him!

Why? We've been together nearly 4 years, he's only known this guy for a year...

To be fair to my BF, he always tells him that his plans are stupid but he doesn't have as much of a problem with it as I do. The guy isn't dangerous (I realise this thread makes it sound like he's mates with a drugs lord, lol) but just dim... he keeps thinking he's found 'niches' in the market of the world when actually all he's found is illegal things that people do on the black market :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending