The Student Room Group

Heated argument in fast food place

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rarrgh
First, the guys in the kitchen make the food not her.
Someone else behind the til could have taken your order for a different customer (amazing how much this happens)
Also shouting outright sort's nothing, if you had calmly told her and asked her to replace it she would have done it with no issue.
How would you like it if I walked into your work and just started to shout at you in blind rage blaming you for everything over a little mistake? You wouldn't like it and i'm sure your boss would back you.

If I actually made the mistake then I would say sorry and amend it. Like this woman didn't until I moaned some more.
Reply 41
Your too argumentive, are you not the same bloke who had that argument with someone on a bus.
Original post by TheGuy117
But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!

Most of it wouldn't have happened if YOU'D handled the situation sensibly.
Reply 43
So I was at this fast food place, not naming what fast food place or where it was. I made my order and specifically told the person taking my order that I want no onions. After a few minutes she handed my food, I paid and walked out...

After walking for a few minutes I opened my bag to find a burger with onions! :angry: I power walked back to the fast food place, to the front of the que and quite angrily shouted the person behind the till. This is where the argument began, she argued that I was downright rude to just start shouting at her. She argued that it is busy and sometimes mistakes happen, she took my bag of food and then just opened it and removed the onions. I was not having this, I swore at her and I demanded a new burger. This is where things really kicked off, we both started shouting quite loudly, eventually the manager came and then told me to leave.

I completely fail to see how this was my fault. If they got the order right I wouldn't have came back!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Did you say to the server,YOU NEED TO APPLY YOURSELF?!
Did you get your burger from Los Pollos Hermanos?
Reply 44
Original post by cambio wechsel
Onions are nothing to cry about.

Paha! Good one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
But none of this would have happened if she wasn't dumb and actually listened when I said NO ONIONS!

You're an absolute disgrace to Breaking Bad viewers. Get Bryan Cranston off of your picture!
Reply 46
Original post by tehforum
Did you say to the server,YOU NEED TO APPLY YOURSELF?!
Did you get your burger from Los Pollos Hermanos?

If he'd shouted there, Gus would've slit his throat. Through a third party, of course. Can't allow the chance for any incriminating evidence to be gathered now, can we?
Reply 47
Original post by Vian
If he'd shouted there, Gus would've slit his throat. Through a third party, of course. Can't allow the chance for any incriminating evidence to be gathered now, can we?

loooool, but seriously, i still blame her.
Reply 48
I don't really understand why this is such a big deal? You could have sorted the problem yourself in about five seconds by taking the onions off. No need to go shouting at some girl for something so small. You probably made yourself look pretty silly to all the other customers in the restaurant in the process too. Like other people have said, it might not even have been her fault so you can't go accusing her of something when she may not have been to blame.
Reply 49
Original post by Sicaspeak
I don't really understand why this is such a big deal? You could have sorted the problem yourself in about five seconds by taking the onions off. No need to go shouting at some girl for something so small. You probably made yourself look pretty silly to all the other customers in the restaurant in the process too. Like other people have said, it might not even have been her fault so you can't go accusing her of something when she may not have been to blame.

Or the problem could of been non-existent if she got the order right.
Reply 50
Or the problem could of been non-existent if she got the order right.

I apologise, I intended to write it as "problem" seeing as you appear to be the only person who would kick up such a fuss about this :smile:
Reply 51
So I was at this fast food place, not naming what fast food place or where it was. I made my order and specifically told the person taking my order that I want no onions. After a few minutes she handed my food, I paid and walked out...

After walking for a few minutes I opened my bag to find a burger with onions! :angry: I power walked back to the fast food place, to the front of the que and quite angrily shouted the person behind the till. This is where the argument began, she argued that I was downright rude to just start shouting at her. She argued that it is busy and sometimes mistakes happen, she took my bag of food and then just opened it and removed the onions. I was not having this, I swore at her and I demanded a new burger. This is where things really kicked off, we both started shouting quite loudly, eventually the manager came and then told me to leave.

I completely fail to see how this was my fault. If they got the order right I wouldn't have came back!!! :angry::angry::angry:

That's um... pretty sad. Maybe you need a hobby outside of crying when fast food outlets give you onions in your burger?
Reply 52
Original post by navarre
That's um... pretty sad. Maybe you need a hobby outside of crying when fast food outlets give you onions in your burger?

So I should have just disregarded my dislike of onions and eaten it anyway all because this woman couldn't get the order right?
Reply 53
this remind anyone of kidulthood?
Original post by Mycroft Holmes
Shouting at people just makes them not want to help you, and it also gives them leverage incase you take it further and make a formal complaint. Have a bit of tact, dumbass :facepalm2:

Agreed
Original post by cl_steele
this remind anyone of kidulthood?

Reply 56
Original post by Ajibola
Your too argumentive, are you not the same bloke who had that argument with someone on a bus.

If you read the thread you would know that wasn't my fault!
Reply 57
So I should have just disregarded my dislike of onions and eaten it anyway all because this woman couldn't get the order right?

I hate onions (and gherkins) in my burger too. And when they're in my burger, what do I do? Take them out and get on with my life. I know that I'm more laid back than the average person, but you sound like someone who gets angry and worries about the silliest things.
Reply 58
Well you had NO right to shout at her and be aggressive- mistakes do happen.

On the flip side, it was wrong of her to just take the burger and take out the onions. You should have been offered a new burger, but still, you are in the wrong for being so aggressive towards her.

Learn to be respectful of people.
Reply 59
Original post by Coke1
Well you had NO right to shout at her and be aggressive- mistakes do happen.

On the flip side, it was wrong of her to just take the burger and take out the onions. You should have been offered a new burger, but still, you are in the wrong for being so aggressive towards her.

Learn to be respectful of people.

Well, maybe I could of been calmer, but that isn't the point, why was I asked to leave when I had a reason for being angry?

Quick Reply

Latest