The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Uni Global Scholarship Application

Scroll to see replies

very very vague, and after spending about half an hour searching I don't think they've done it before; that or nobody wrote about it
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Original post by harribo12345
it is very vague atm haha. can you post on here what they say?

what course are you doing?

Yeah no problem I will when I get an answer!
Ans history, you?
Reply 22
Original post by Jodie_668
I'm going to do biochemistry and molecular cell biology (which is a bit of a mouthful to say, haha). I really can't remember what countries I put down but they were probably North America and Australia. What countries did you choose? :biggrin:

Wow yes that is a mouthful but sounds cool haha! And same, Australia first, then USA and then Japan I think haha. Cant wait though!

Original post by blackcurls
I got an offer for it too! And also in for Architecture!!!! Well, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, but it's like 60% with the architecture lot! :P There's a group on facebook for people that have firmed architecture here if you'd care to join us? https://www.facebook.com/groups/142130319298651/

Well done everyone!!!!!!

Great! Yeah i'll join now, will be nice to start getting to know my potential classmates, excited to start, just need to get the grades now! :biggrin:
I got a conditional offer.

Does anyone know if the scholarship is still acceptable for Law students?
[QUOTE=...

Hi

Can you please say how many people applied for the scholarship? Did you only give 30 offers out? Or did you give out more thinking that some people would not get the grades. Thanks.
Reply 25
Original post by Aries1992
I got a conditional offer.

Does anyone know if the scholarship is still acceptable for Law students?

I think it is fine for pretty much any course :smile:
Reply 26
I received an offer yesterday too! I've firmed Sheffield for Mechanical Engineering, has anyone else? Didn't really expect an offer to be honest!
Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who applied for a Sheffield Scholars award, it’s great to see so many of you engaging with the scheme.
Congratulations to those of you who have been awarded a conditional scholarship and equally commiserations to those of you who haven't been selected.

This is the first year we have offered these types of opportunities and we hope to be able to answer any questions you may have.
As for the exact 'where's' 'when's' and 'what's' of the Global scholarship these will be planned out individually with you by our dedicated International Exchanges Unit once you have enrolled/registered with us, so each students summer school is likely to be different.

We wish you all the best with your studies and look forward to welcoming you in September, but any questions in the mean time please ask away! :biggrin:
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who applied for a Sheffield Scholars award, it’s great to see so many of you engaging with the scheme.
Congratulations to those of you who have been awarded a conditional scholarship and equally commiserations to those of you who haven't been selected.

This is the first year we have offered these types of opportunities and we hope to be able to answer any questions you may have.
As for the exact 'where's' 'when's' and 'what's' of the Global scholarship these will be planned out individually with you by our dedicated International Exchanges Unit once you have enrolled/registered with us, so each students summer school is likely to be different.

We wish you all the best with your studies and look forward to welcoming you in September, but any questions in the mean time please ask away! :biggrin:

Thank you so much for the opportunity!!

Im just wondering if you know how long the course would be? Somewhere in the region of 3 days or a whole month? I understand you wouldn't be able to explain anything specific yet but any more information would be great!

Thanks again!
Thank you so much for the opportunity!!

Im just wondering if you know how long the course would be? Somewhere in the region of 3 days or a whole month? I understand you wouldn't be able to explain anything specific yet but any more information would be great!

Thanks again!

Hi blackcurls,

Congratulations if you've received an award!

It really would depend on where you are going as part of the scholarship.
We would think at this stage it would be anywhere between 2- 4 weeks but it maybe different for individual schools.

We expect it to be definitely longer than three days though! :wink:

All the best!
Hi blackcurls,

Congratulations if you've received an award!

It really would depend on where you are going as part of the scholarship.
We would think at this stage it would be anywhere between 2- 4 weeks but it maybe different for individual schools.

We expect it to be definitely longer than three days though! :wink:

All the best!

Hi, I got my offer yesterday. Do we go to an actual school? As in a physical educational establishment? Or is it more of a camp? Or do you not really know yet? :smile:

Could you also please state how many people applied in the first place for the scholarship? I know I'm stroking my own ego a little bit, but I'd like to know how much competition there was :biggrin:

Thanks
Original post by fajitamunch
Hi, I got my offer yesterday. Do we go to an actual school? As in a physical educational establishment? Or is it more of a camp? Or do you not really know yet? :smile:

Could you also please state how many people applied in the first place for the scholarship? I know I'm stroking my own ego a little bit, but I'd like to know how much competition there was :biggrin:

Thanks

Hi fajitamunch,

Congratulations on being awarded one of these scholarships.

Your summer school will be at one of our 'partner institutions' that we work with, these are typically universities or that countries higher education equivalent.

We do not plan on releasing the exact number of applications, although we received a very high level of interest in this scheme. The panel were very impressed with the calibre of the applications we received, so the competition was very strong.

All the very best fajitamunch and we look forward to awarding your scholarship once you have started your course with us. :smile:
Reply 32
Hi All,

Hi there,

I'm also interested in applying for the Lloyd Scholars scheme so I was just wondering if I'm still able to apply for it even if i get a global scholarship? Or is it ok to be part of two scholarships?

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jodie_668
Hi there,

I'm also interested in applying for the Lloyd Scholars scheme so I was just wondering if I'm still able to apply for it even if i get a global scholarship? Or is it ok to be part of two scholarships?

Hi Jodie_668,

How are you?

You are more than welcome to hold as many different scholarships as you can get your hands on!:biggrin:

The only exception to this is where they fall into the same 'scheme'.
So for our Sheffield Scholars Scheme, this included 3 types; a City, a Global and a Masters type of scholarship.
Students are only available to receive one of these three but it doesn't effect something like Lloyd's or one of our other scholarships.

The only thing with the Lloyds scheme is that it includes a paid summer internship so you would have to manage this with your summer school if you where successful but I am sure you could talk about this with the people who coordinate the Global scheme and those who do the same for Lloyds.

Hope this helps and we look forward to saying a big "hello" in September! :smile:
Reply 34
Hi Jodie_668,

How are you?

You are more than welcome to hold as many different scholarships as you can get your hands on!:biggrin:

The only exception to this is where they fall into the same 'scheme'.
So for our Sheffield Scholars Scheme, this included 3 types; a City, a Global and a Masters type of scholarship.
Students are only available to receive one of these three but it doesn't effect something like Lloyd's or one of our other scholarships.

The only thing with the Lloyds scheme is that it includes a paid summer internship so you would have to manage this with your summer school if you where successful but I am sure you could talk about this with the people who coordinate the Global scheme and those who do the same for Lloyds.

Hope this helps and we look forward to saying a big "hello" in September! :smile:

I'm good thank you and I'm glad to hear that! I'm really looking forward to September too, it's going to be so exciting! :biggrin:
Hello,
Would we be able to stay in the county ourselves longer than the summer school? Like, go travelling?
Thank you for the opportunity! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harribo12345
Hello,
Would we be able to stay in the county ourselves longer than the summer school? Like, go travelling?
Thank you for the opportunity! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello harribo12345,

Its an interesting idea; when you are organising your journey (after you have started with us) you can mention this with the member of staff co-coordinator the summer school, to see if its possible to combine this into your experience.
Sorry we cant be more specific at the moment as each summer school will vary depending on which institution you are going and where in the world it is!

All the best :smile:
Hello harribo12345,

Its an interesting idea; when you are organising your journey (after you have started with us) you can mention this with the member of staff co-coordinator the summer school, to see if its possible to combine this into your experience.
Sorry we cant be more specific at the moment as each summer school will vary depending on which institution you are going and where in the world it is!

All the best :smile:

I was thinking I could use the trip to get work experience whilst I'm out? I really want to work abroad after I fully graduate so getting experience out at where ever would be fantastic for me. I'm sure a lot of people would also welcome that idea?
I was thinking I could use the trip to get work experience whilst I'm out? I really want to work abroad after I fully graduate so getting experience out at where ever would be fantastic for me. I'm sure a lot of people would also welcome that idea?

Hello blackcurls,

Thank you very much for your feedback about this. We will pass this onto our International team who will be coordinating the summer schools and explain it is something students are interested in doing. It may depend on where you are going and what your Visa allows but we will make sure they are aware of the interest in doing this.

All the best! :smile:
Hello blackcurls,

Thank you very much for your feedback about this. We will pass this onto our International team who will be coordinating the summer schools and explain it is something students are interested in doing. It may depend on where you are going and what your Visa allows but we will make sure they are aware of the interest in doing this.

All the best! :smile:

Thank you very very much! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending