The Student Room Group

Ibiza Advice

Hi guys me and my best friend (who is a girl) are going to Ibiza in July. Does anybody have any tips etc. ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by seana39223
Hi guys me and my best friend (who is a girl) are going to Ibiza in July. Does anybody have any tips etc. ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What part of the island are you staying? And what kind of things do you want to do on ye holiday? :smile:
I was in Ibiza last year and going again this year
Reply 2
Original post by LC_x
What part of the island are you staying? And what kind of things do you want to do on ye holiday? :smile:
I was in Ibiza last year and going again this year

Hi we are staying in San Antonio Bay and have booked tickets to see Example at Ibiza Rocks and tickets for Space. We both just love clubbing and raving and I'm looling for a dance and kiss with somegirls (nothing more)
Reply 3
Hi we are staying in San Antonio Bay and have booked tickets to see Example at Ibiza Rocks and tickets for Space. We both just love clubbing and raving and I'm looling for a dance and kiss with somegirls (nothing more)

I'm guessing Youv found the Ibiza spotlight website?

Your taxi to space will be about £30 euros if you choose to get a taxi.
Go to sunset strip for the sunset its a must.
Pre drink in the room. You can get a litre of vodka for 10 euros
Reply 4
I stayed in the bay, the further into San Antonio you get the more expensive drinks get and they get more expensive later on in the night.
Ibiza is amazing! San antonio is more like a younger party place like magaluf, aiya napa etc. but other parts like Ibiza town and where space is (forgot the name of the place) I'd say are less scruffy. I wouldn't say San antonio is scruffy, but it's more of the Brit destination. Which some people love! Web I went o pacha there was people from all over, Spanish, Italian, and all ages! I loved it!
Ibiza is much nicer than places like Zante, magaluf (been to all three) Ibiza is beautiful ad has the best atmosphere!
On the advice side, I'd definitely say sunset strip too!
Reply 5
Original post by LC_x
I'm guessing Youv found the Ibiza spotlight website?

Your taxi to space will be about £30 euros if you choose to get a taxi.
Go to sunset strip for the sunset its a must.
Pre drink in the room. You can get a litre of vodka for 10 euros

Yes I'm getting most of my tickets from the Ibiza Spotlight site. Thanks for the heads up on taxi charge, I think we may get a bus there though as we paid for the entry before 9AM (As it was half the price). I did plan on seeing the sunset but it's good to see other people like it. Thanks for this post :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by lucyab
I stayed in the bay, the further into San Antonio you get the more expensive drinks get and they get more expensive later on in the night.
Ibiza is amazing! San antonio is more like a younger party place like magaluf, aiya napa etc. but other parts like Ibiza town and where space is (forgot the name of the place) I'd say are less scruffy. I wouldn't say San antonio is scruffy, but it's more of the Brit destination. Which some people love! Web I went o pacha there was people from all over, Spanish, Italian, and all ages! I loved it!
Ibiza is much nicer than places like Zante, magaluf (been to all three) Ibiza is beautiful ad has the best atmosphere!
On the advice side, I'd definitely say sunset strip too!

Thanks very much for this post, lots of helpful tips I'm sure I will follow. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yes I'm getting most of my tickets from the Ibiza Spotlight site. Thanks for the heads up on taxi charge, I think we may get a bus there though as we paid for the entry before 9AM (As it was half the price). I did plan on seeing the sunset but it's good to see other people like it. Thanks for this post :biggrin:

If your getting taxis or buses just leave plenty of time as everyone on certain popular nights have the same idea! :smile:
Down near the fountains youl find PRS that will offer you really good deals like we got 2 cocktails, 2 vodkas, 3 shots and a bottle of vodka between us for 10 euros each.. The bar was off a street on the left off the west end.
Eat in Ibiza rocks! It's amazing :wink:
Reply 8
oh by the way... sometimes we couldnt be bothered to walk back to our hotel (in the bay) from san antonio so we got a taxi. theres a taxi queue, which i would recommend sticking to. theres these dodgy men that went up to every single group of girls and slyly asked if they wanted to go in their taxi. for some reason they didnt ask boys though. definitely dodgy!! stay away from them. also, they offered a price for the journey to us which would have been more than the normal taxi queue price would have been :s-smilie:
so anyone reading this, please stay away from those dodgy men and use the normal taxis!
One really helpful tip i would like to give to you is carry less clothes and more of useful stuff to make your trip more easy and enjoyable.
Reply 10
Original post by LC_x
If your getting taxis or buses just leave plenty of time as everyone on certain popular nights have the same idea! :smile:
Down near the fountains youl find PRS that will offer you really good deals like we got 2 cocktails, 2 vodkas, 3 shots and a bottle of vodka between us for 10 euros each.. The bar was off a street on the left off the west end.
Eat in Ibiza rocks! It's amazing :wink:

Thanks for all the tips I'm going half board however I may try a lunch at Ibiza Rocks then?
Reply 11
Original post by lucyab
oh by the way... sometimes we couldnt be bothered to walk back to our hotel (in the bay) from san antonio so we got a taxi. theres a taxi queue, which i would recommend sticking to. theres these dodgy men that went up to every single group of girls and slyly asked if they wanted to go in their taxi. for some reason they didnt ask boys though. definitely dodgy!! stay away from them. also, they offered a price for the journey to us which would have been more than the normal taxi queue price would have been :s-smilie:
so anyone reading this, please stay away from those dodgy men and use the normal taxis!

Thanks so much for this, I'll defiantly make sure I'm on my guard
Reply 12
Original post by georgebrown12
One really helpful tip i would like to give to you is carry less clothes and more of useful stuff to make your trip more easy and enjoyable.

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 13
I know this is abit of a old post but I hope my advice is useful iv been to Ibiza three times and going back this summer.
1. Take plenty of trainers, converse, vans whatever as that's all people wear on a evening you only need those and a few flip flops for day time.
2. Pukka up boat party is ****, don't be ripped in.
3. ZOO PROJECT. Google it, do it! It's 5min taxi from San an, on a Saturday night and amazing!
4. Get drunk in strip/hotel before you go to clubs it's a rip off.
5. Play den bossa, on a Sunday, get the bus. Bora bora beach! Is amazing, all day beach party! Wear swimwear with cover up and it's unreal!
6. If you like house music, sankeys in play den bossa is my favourite place on earth! Tuesdays neon nights are wicked.
7. Monday night circo loco at DC10!! You must do that!
8. Don't buy pills from Spanish guys.
9. Visit cafe mambos for the sunset! It's in San an, right past the boats and marnia. Bring drink, it's beautiful!
10. Ibiza rocks cafe for a hungover chicken pitta! Also bay bar do nice cocktails during day time!
11. Take €800+per week

Anything else you wanna know just ask :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Alice.181
I know this is abit of a old post but I hope my advice is useful iv been to Ibiza three times and going back this summer.
1. Take plenty of trainers, converse, vans whatever as that's all people wear on a evening you only need those and a few flip flops for day time.
2. Pukka up boat party is ****, don't be ripped in.
3. ZOO PROJECT. Google it, do it! It's 5min taxi from San an, on a Saturday night and amazing!
4. Get drunk in strip/hotel before you go to clubs it's a rip off.
5. Play den bossa, on a Sunday, get the bus. Bora bora beach! Is amazing, all day beach party! Wear swimwear with cover up and it's unreal!
6. If you like house music, sankeys in play den bossa is my favourite place on earth! Tuesdays neon nights are wicked.
7. Monday night circo loco at DC10!! You must do that!
8. Don't buy pills from Spanish guys.
9. Visit cafe mambos for the sunset! It's in San an, right past the boats and marnia. Bring drink, it's beautiful!
10. Ibiza rocks cafe for a hungover chicken pitta! Also bay bar do nice cocktails during day time!
11. Take €800+per week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the great advice :biggrin:
We wasn't planning on going on a boat party as my friend doesn't like boats haha.
Reply 15
FYI Space is amazing! :biggrin:

Tinie Tempah & Pendulum were there :biggrin:
Reply 16
Davids in San Antonio is a nice place to eat too.
Reply 17
Original post by aranexus
FYI Space is amazing! :biggrin:

Tinie Tempah & Pendulum were there :biggrin:

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to space :biggrin:

I'm going to We Love Space does anybody know if the DJs on the lineup are good they are:

Mathew Jonson Vs.
Minilogue (Live)
Craig Richards
Hot Chip (DJ set) Felix & Al
James Zabiela
Martyn (Live)
Ben UFO Vs.
Paul Woolford
Simon Baker Vs.
Geddes
The Correspondents
Ashley Beedle
DJ Format
Pedestrian
Mr Doris
Ryan O'Gorman
Mat Playford
Alfredo
Jem Haynes
Mo Funk
David Phillips & Friends
Ian Blevins
Andy Carroll
Bones
Reply 18
Original post by Antni
Davids in San Antonio is a nice place to eat too.

Thanks for that :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Alice.181

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, how would you recommend I take my money should I just bring cash or traveler checks? Thanks. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest