The Student Room Group

UCAS extra advice..

Hey, so my current situation is I firmed and insured my offers last week. My firm is outside of london and my insurance is in London, however, I don't want to move out of London anymore and even though my insurance is in London, I don't think I'd like to go there. I've looked at other uni's that are in extra but how would I go about declining these offers if possible (it's not too late to contact UCAS as the 7 days haven't gone passed yet right?) and go through extra?
Reply 1
Original post by chicforever_
Hey, so my current situation is I firmed and insured my offers last week. My firm is outside of london and my insurance is in London, however, I don't want to move out of London anymore and even though my insurance is in London, I don't think I'd like to go there. I've looked at other uni's that are in extra but how would I go about declining these offers if possible (it's not too late to contact UCAS as the 7 days haven't gone passed yet right?) and go through extra?

You should ring UCAS but you may have to ring the universities, once thats done you would be able to add a choice on Extra :smile:
Original post by chicforever_

Hi there,

What course are you hoping to do?

Why not take a look at the University of Hertfordshire's guide to late applications: http://www.herts.ac.uk/why-us/study-at-a-university-with/start-in-september-2013.cfm

Even if you're not applying here, the page is designed to guide you through making a late application to University :smile:

thanks,
Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)
Reply 3
Original post by KerryF94
You should ring UCAS but you may have to ring the universities, once thats done you would be able to add a choice on Extra :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi there,

What course are you hoping to do?

Why not take a look at the University of Hertfordshire's guide to late applications: http://www.herts.ac.uk/why-us/study-at-a-university-with/start-in-september-2013.cfm

Even if you're not applying here, the page is designed to guide you through making a late application to University :smile:

thanks,
Ashley (University of Hertfordshire Official Representative)

I'm hoping to do Business/Marketing, thanks for this!
Reply 5
Basically, you need to call UCAS and explain your situation and what you want to do with them.

I recommend you call them twice so you get advice from two different advisers. Sometimes you get given incorrect advice so its better to be safe than sorry.

I dont know for sure but UCAS may say that if you can get 'released' from your course you accepted (make it clear that you dont want your application to be withdrawn altogether) then you may be eligible to apply through Extra.

Dont take my word for it though. Just call UCAS on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending