The Student Room Group

Please help me decide if going to university is for me

I really like the idea of University and the whole lifestyle, but the only course i could do there is Public Services, would it still be worth going? i don't know if it will be a waste of a qualification, if anyone would have any experience with this course or knows anyone that does it would be a huge help as i don't know what to do..

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Are you doing a BTEC in Public Services? If that so, then your not as restricted as you think.
Reply 2
I already did a BTEC for Public Services, i am looking at uni now aha :smile:
Then your not resticted as you think. I did a btec in public services myself. Am now off to uni in september to study sport and physical education.
You can go into a lot more degree than you think. Law, Sport, Outdoor actvities
Reply 5
Original post by lozzielizzie
You can go into a lot more degree than you think. Law, Sport, Outdoor actvities

Law? I don't think many decent universities would accept someone into Law with a BTEC in Public Services
Reply 6
Thats good i didnt know that actually :biggrin:, but i was wondering where would an actual Public Services degree leave me, as that is the course i have been accepted on but having second thoughts
Reply 7
depends if you want to do a public services job or not in the future
Go to www.whatuni.com and try entering some subject words like 'social', 'policy' etc - you'll be surprised what other courses are available.

Also look at www.notgoingtouni.com for all the other options open to you.
Reply 9
All this is great but i am looking at the Public Service course itself and if anyone knows the benefits of taking it with any experience, or if it is a waste of time, and yes i would like a job in the Public Services but i don't know if they look for a degree
Original post by qewrt15
All this is great but i am looking at the Public Service course itself and if anyone knows the benefits of taking it with any experience, or if it is a waste of time, and yes i would like a job in the Public Services but i don't know if they look for a degree

What EXACTLY do you want to do? What job? What area of work? Public Services is a massive area - everything from Social Work to Ambulance Driver and the Tax Office. See https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by returnmigrant
What EXACTLY do you want to do? What job? What area of work? Public Services is a massive area - everything from Social Work to Ambulance Driver and the Tax Office. See https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi

That link is really useful actually, and not entirely sure as stupid as that sounds, i just enjoy the subject and thought i could make a job from it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending