The Student Room Group

I want it to happen to me for once

I just want someone to love me, why is it it happens to people who don't deserve it yet everyday I have to work for someone to even notice me
Does anyone have any advice for how I can get boys to like me? im sick of being a 20 year old virgin
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I just want someone to love me, why is it it happens to people who don't deserve it yet everyday I have to work for someone to even notice me
Does anyone have any advice for how I can get boys to like me? im sick of being a 20 year old virgin

love yourself first. You are the one who sets the bar to how people treat you, if you're looking for hard for someone to love you and yet you don't love yourself there's a chance you'll 'settle' for someone and/or let someone treat you like crap because you want that 'love' so bad.

also, people can smell desperation and that puts them off. When you no longer looking they'll smell something different and be attracted to that.
The right person will find you, don't try so hard to find someone that might not even love or respect you. I lost my girlfriend not long ago for no reason at all she just upped and left after everything, she was my best friend and honestly it was me a love story but in the end she let everything else come between us. You'll find someone but dont dedicated your life to it just enjoy it and let it come to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Going to echo what's been said above me really.

Well I've noticed 2 things already:

1. You say others don't deserve love which is a bit self-obsessed (right word?) but then again you might just be feeling a bit down when writing this post.

2. You're working for people to notice you. You shouldn't put effort in to get people to like you, it should be completely effortless. By trying to make people like you, you will come across as a try-hard and probably desperate/needy. Nobody likes needy people. Especially a potential boyfriend.

I don't mean to be so direct, but knowing the problem is the best way to fix it. :smile: And as said above, love yourself.
Don't panic you are only 20, there are people much older than you in the same situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending