The Student Room Group

need help on application!

just got my result back,wasn't too happy about it. A in math and further math, B in economics and physics, C in chemistry(thought was an A:tongue:). What standard of courses should i be looking at? i am currently think about AAAs economics courses but would it be too high for me?
Reply 1
Original post by davenur
just got my result back,wasn't too happy about it. A in math and further math, B in economics and physics, C in chemistry(thought was an A:tongue:). What standard of courses should i be looking at? i am currently think about AAAs economics courses but would it be too high for me?

Im guessing these are AS level results? What subjects are you keeping on? I would say look at AAA courses and AAB courses.
i got AAAB at AS and looked at A*AA - AAB courses. Well done in maths and further maths by the way! I did those and they can be tricky!
If your willing to try hard and work your butt off to get into your dream uni then I'd say anything is possible!
Reply 2
Original post by beth-jane
Im guessing these are AS level results? What subjects are you keeping on? I would say look at AAA courses and AAB courses.
i got AAAB at AS and looked at A*AA - AAB courses. Well done in maths and further maths by the way! I did those and they can be tricky!
If your willing to try hard and work your butt off to get into your dream uni then I'd say anything is possible!

thanks for the reply, i thinking i will drop chemistry since i have no idea of how i am doing.the thing is that i have lower Bs in both physics and economics so i guess it would be pretty tough trying to achieve an A in the end of A2. I really do wish i have another A and in that case my life would be alot easier...:redface:
Reply 3
Original post by davenur
thanks for the reply, i thinking i will drop chemistry since i have no idea of how i am doing.the thing is that i have lower Bs in both physics and economics so i guess it would be pretty tough trying to achieve an A in the end of A2. I really do wish i have another A and in that case my life would be alot easier...:redface:

I see, dropping chemistry makes sense :smile: so realistically your grades will be AAB - AAC depending on how maths goes next year? So I'd apply to AAB - ABB or ABC depending on how confident you are. Ask your teachers about what they think, they are pretty good at judging grades normally :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending