The Student Room Group

How to not be considered a virgin..

I am a bisexual girl and I have had sex with one other girl. My friends don't class oral sex as real sex, so to them, I'm a virgin. This genuinely doesn't bother me that they think that, I don't really mind. but it got me thinking, when will I not be a virgin? I'm bi so would I have to sleep with a guy too? When boys ask me if i'm a virgin do I say no because they are a boy and if a girl asks do I say yes? Really sorry how confusing this is to read haha, and it's theoretical too, I'm not going to go out and sleep with a guy just so I'm not a virgin...
You class your virginity how you want.
But, I believe that girl on girl when you lose your virginity you use a dildo :smile:
I think if you're lesbian, oral is considered sex because that's as far as it goes. As you're bi, you could technically end up with a girl and never be with a guy so I'd say if asked you can say you're not a virgin.
Technically you are still a virgin because you have not had sexual intercourse. However you don't need to justify yourself to anyone. If somebody asks you if you are a virgin (who you do not wish to have sexual relations with) then tell them it is none of their business! :rolleyes:
Since it's so subjective, it's really up to you what you want to consider virginity. I'm a straight girl, only been with one guy, but the few times we've tried intercourse have been unsuccessful due to some major tightness of mine. So he's penetrated me a little, but never thrust in there properly, leaving me a bit unsure of whether I really count as a virgin still or not. But we've done plenty of other sexual acts together so I may as well say I'm not a virgin anymore. After all, how can you really call yourself virginal and pure when you've been naked with another person, played with each other genitals etc? :p:
Reply 5
The definition of sex is pretty personal and subjective. I think most people accept that "lesbians have sex with each other", since two girls getting together is identical to a girl and a guy getting together; your friends seem a bit strange in this regard.

Oral sex is sex... there's a clue in the name. Vaginal sex is sex, anal sex is sex, but oral sex is not sex? That doesn't make sense.

In any case, you can't convince your friends and it doesn't matter. If they won't accept that you've had sex, that's their problem. You have had sex - at least by your own definition, and by most people's. If someone asks if you've had sex, you can honestly tell them yes.
Original post by Treeroy
The definition of sex is pretty personal and subjective. I think most people accept that "lesbians have sex with each other", since two girls getting together is identical to a girl and a guy getting together; your friends seem a bit strange in this regard.

Oral sex is sex... there's a clue in the name. Vaginal sex is sex, anal sex is sex, but oral sex is not sex? That doesn't make sense.

In any case, you can't convince your friends and it doesn't matter. If they won't accept that you've had sex, that's their problem. You have had sex - at least by your own definition, and by most people's. If someone asks if you've had sex, you can honestly tell them yes.

It wouldn't make sense losing your virginity to a bj either :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by PrincePauper
It wouldn't make sense losing your virginity to a bj either :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?

For me, sex is mutual sexual (and physical) activity between people. And losing your virginity is having sex, so for me, yes you can definitely lose your virginity to a blowjob. Your definition may be different though :smile:

The point remains that most people's definition of sex would stretch to include same-sex "sex". The notion that lesbians can't have sex, for instance, is just beyond stupid, and seems a tad homophobic to me. (Only straight people are allowed to use the word "sex"!)
Reply 8
use a strap on
Original post by Treeroy
Why?

For me, sex is mutual sexual (and physical) activity between people. And losing your virginity is having sex, so for me, yes you can definitely lose your virginity to a blowjob. Your definition may be different though :smile:

The point remains that most people's definition of sex would stretch to include same-sex "sex". The notion that lesbians can't have sex, for instance, is just beyond stupid, and seems a tad homophobic to me. (Only straight people are allowed to use the word "sex"!)

Following your logic, a hand job would be losing your virginity too then. Correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Following your logic, a hand job would be losing your virginity too then. Correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, yeah. I see it as when you might say you've "done stuff", then you've lost your virginity.

The thing for me is - there is no barrier for me between something like a blowjob, and full anal sex. Anal sex isn't too far - or any further at all - from oral.

At the very least, oral, anal and vaginal are all definitely sex, and other things are a bit more ambiguous.
Original post by Treeroy
Probably, yeah. I see it as when you might say you've "done stuff", then you've lost your virginity.

The thing for me is - there is no barrier for me between something like a blowjob, and full anal sex. Anal sex isn't too far - or any further at all - from oral.

At the very least, oral, anal and vaginal are all definitely sex, and other things are a bit more ambiguous.

So all these threads about losing virginity at 17, 19, 20, 25 and so on.... All they need to do is put some lube in their hands and do the deed and bang, they have lost their virginity. They did stuff, as you say.
Reply 12
Original post by matt_g96
use a strap on

Lmao u joka
Reply 13
Some people count having sexual intercourse as sex.. which means to them they are no longer a virgin. But other people would say that if you're doing oral, anal or vaginal sex then you are no longer a virgin either because they are all forms of sex in themselves. Tbh, it just depends what you think it means and what they think it means.
Reply 14
So all these threads about losing virginity at 17, 19, 20, 25 and so on.... All they need to do is put some lube in their hands and do the deed and bang, they have lost their virginity. They did stuff, as you say.

What? I mean doing basically anything sexual with someone else... I said that very explicitly; and you're talking about putting lube on their hand and doing what exactly? I'm confused. :/
If you mean masturbation, you didn't read my post. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending