The Student Room Group

Why train legs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I look like a bicep boy because I have black man calf genetics...I squat often and no amount of that will make my legs look big in shorts.

I was actually slowly but surely making progress on calves, was going to spend about 5 years slowly improving them until they look decent...I then snap my achillies, my calf goes down to nothing and all my hard work was wasted and I cannot be bothered to do them again. I will forever have twiggy legs.

The best part of it is, I am sorting out my delts which were/are crap and only my calves will ruin my aesthetic physique.
Reply 21
I completely agree with you, even though I train legs twice a week, I hate it when people go over board with how much you need to train legs, like it's the be all end all of lifting. From talking to girls, they could care less about legs.
Reply 22
There is no need to train legs. We train them every day when walking etc. When you push down your clutch and accelerator this is basically the squat movement (push your seat forward, you'll see). If you drive at least 20 miles a day (and through town) you will eventually be doing high rep squats (basically). I also have stairs in my house which I ascend and descend what, 20 times a day? No need to possibly injure your back and knees with squats.

Enjoy life my man.
Reply 23
Original post by SPB
There is no need to train legs. We train them every day when walking etc. When you push down your clutch and accelerator this is basically the squat movement (push your seat forward, you'll see). If you drive at least 20 miles a day (and through town) you will eventually be doing high rep squats (basically). I also have stairs in my house which I ascend and descend what, 20 times a day? No need to possibly injure your back and knees with squats.

Enjoy life my man.

I am so glad that I wasn't drinking anything while reading this.
Reply 24
Original post by SPB

Enjoy life my man.

Are you for real?

The only way to get stronger is by lifting heavier weights (bar body weight exercise but that is something else). Walking will not make your legs stronger nor will running. Mo farah can only squat 200lbs(90kg) for 4-6 reps which is pathetic source and goes on to even say weight training has improves his performance and abs.

If a long distance runner is advocating squatting and leg training for endurance and youare a bodybuilder or footballer/rugby player ecttt. and you're not leg training my mind is blown.
Original post by SPB

Enjoy life my man.

Don't think you're squatting right.... :lolwut:
Original post by AMG44
Are you for real?

The only way to get stronger is by lifting heavier weights (bar body weight exercise but that is something else). Walking will not make your legs stronger nor will running. Mo farah can only squat 200lbs(90kg) for 4-6 reps which is pathetic source and goes on to even say weight training has improves his performance and abs.

If a long distance runner is advocating squatting and leg training for endurance and youare a bodybuilder or footballer/rugby player ecttt. and you're not leg training my mind is blown.

Don't feed the poor troll effort. SPB is spamming this subforum with bs

Mo Farah is new to squatting so 90-100kg isn't bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by silent ninja
Don't feed the poor troll effort. SPB is spamming this subforum with bs

Mo Farah is new to squatting so 90-100kg isn't bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know...but also that wasn't the point :smile: it was squatting is good. xD
Reply 28

Biggest muscle in the body

Produces the most testosterone

Don't want to look like someone who only trains upper

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Haha ok I do admit that those pictures do look silly, but tbf they are extreme examples - most people don't get big enough for it to look as out-of-proportion as those photos do. :tongue:

The hormone comment was a good one, and the strength one was too - although arguably if you are going to the gym to 'get in shape'. seeing as most people really mean 'to make my body look better' by that, legs wouldn't matter as much for reasons already mentioned, although admittedly some do genuinely mean they want to be more physically fit for whatever reason. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Lifting for girls? Man you just went full retard

Quick Reply

Latest