The Student Room Group

Kissed/touched another guy but does my boyfriend have to know?

Scroll to see replies

you shouldn't tell him imo because he might break up with you
just don't do it again and you're good to go
what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

What good will it do if you tell him?
sometimes kissing somebody is worse than sex. defo tell your bf and it's up to him if he can forgive you or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I feel sick thinking about it, my hands are sweating as I am typing this message. I can't cope with losing him :frown:, but I will once his birthday is over with as I have brought him an amazing gift which I know will bring a smile to his face.

It's his birthday, I think he deserves the truth. If you have ANY respect for him, you will tell him.
Original post by QuagmireKatz
you shouldn't tell him imo because he might break up with you
just don't do it again and you're good to go
what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

What good will it do if you tell him?

You seem like a wonderful catch!!
Reply 144
Honesty is the best policy, please trust me!

Last Easter my boyfriend did exactly the same as what you did - he went to a party, got really drunk, and made out with some girl. They touched/kissed and he assured me that he didn't sleep with her.

He told me on the same day that it happened because he felt so guilty (honestly, he nearly cried because we were both so upset!) but I forgave him instantly because I understood how hard it was to confess such a terrible thing, and he was so brave.

Obviously I still felt really hurt, but the fact that he was honest about it made me trust him again.

However, recently I found out that he wasn't being completely honest....

He told me before that the girl he cheated on me with was just some random girl, but a few months later he confessed that it was actually one of my friends.

Because basically all of my friends knew, and him, but nobody told me for months, I was miserable for ages because I felt like I couldn't trust anybody, not even my own friends because they KNEW!!

Now my so-called "friends" don't really talk to me anymore because the trust is broken, and everytime I think about it I get so upset. (Really, words cant convey how depressed I am about this...)

So, please don't make the same mistake he did, I beg of you. If you love him and you want your relationship to work, you NEED to tell him, because then it would be easier for both of you to trust each other again.
Also, I can speak from experience when I say that it's really, really crap to be kept in the dark when everyone you I cared about was keeping something from me. Please don't do the same to him.
Original post by Anya7
Honesty is the best policy, please trust me!

Last Easter my boyfriend did exactly the same as what you did - he went to a party, got really drunk, and made out with some girl. They touched/kissed and he assured me that he didn't sleep with her.

He told me on the same day that it happened because he felt so guilty (honestly, he nearly cried because we were both so upset!) but I forgave him instantly because I understood how hard it was to confess such a terrible thing, and he was so brave.

Obviously I still felt really hurt, but the fact that he was honest about it made me trust him again.

However, recently I found out that he wasn't being completely honest....

He told me before that the girl he cheated on me with was just some random girl, but a few months later he confessed that it was actually one of my friends.

Because basically all of my friends knew, and him, but nobody told me for months, I was miserable for ages because I felt like I couldn't trust anybody, not even my own friends because they KNEW!!

Now my so-called "friends" don't really talk to me anymore because the trust is broken, and everytime I think about it I get so upset. (Really, words cant convey how depressed I am about this...)

So, please don't make the same mistake he did, I beg of you. If you love him and you want your relationship to work, you NEED to tell him, because then it would be easier for both of you to trust each other again.
Also, I can speak from experience when I say that it's really, really crap to be kept in the dark when everyone you I cared about was keeping something from me. Please don't do the same to him.

I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that happened to you and I hope things work out for you.
Reply 146
Original post by pinkbullets
I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that happened to you and I hope things work out for you.

Thank you :smile:
my g/f did similar to me 45 years ago but she kept it going for 3 months up till a few weeks before we wed, she never told me - now she ended up sleeping with the guy who was older, married with 2 kids. if she had told me at the time we would have put the wedding off and likely not got married but i was deceived. I found out much later - we did not have mobiles or iphones or facebook or anything like that. all her friends knew and stayed quiet. it was not until later i got wind and understood more of why we in 45 years of marriage were intimate at the most 200 times. as i quizzed her and dug deeper it all came out and believe me it was devastating it took a long time to find out
Withholding all judgement (unlike some of the people on this thread), I'd say your boyfriend does deserve to know. If it was truly out of character, you explain yourself well, and you guys are willing to rebuild a healthy level of trust (which will probably take a while) then he might well forgive you. I wouldn't hold too much hope, because cheating does suck. But, I think that there are worse things you can do to a partner and people have fixed their relationships after this kind of thing before. Even if he doesn't forgive you, it's the least that you could do to respect his right to knowledge.
Original post by woody1950
my g/f did similar to me 45 years ago but she kept it going for 3 months up till a few weeks before we wed, she never told me - now she ended up sleeping with the guy who was older, married with 2 kids. if she had told me at the time we would have put the wedding off and likely not got married but i was deceived. I found out much later - we did not have mobiles or iphones or facebook or anything like that. all her friends knew and stayed quiet. it was not until later i got wind and understood more of why we in 45 years of marriage were intimate at the most 200 times. as i quizzed her and dug deeper it all came out and believe me it was devastating it took a long time to find out

Original post by Abel_Gibbs
Withholding all judgement (unlike some of the people on this thread), I'd say your boyfriend does deserve to know. If it was truly out of character, you explain yourself well, and you guys are willing to rebuild a healthy level of trust (which will probably take a while) then he might well forgive you. I wouldn't hold too much hope, because cheating does suck. But, I think that there are worse things you can do to a partner and people have fixed their relationships after this kind of thing before. Even if he doesn't forgive you, it's the least that you could do to respect his right to knowledge.

Guys, this threads like 5 years old lol
S
Original post by 3pointonefour
Guys, this threads like 5 years old lol

I'm fully aware. But, internet forums are permanent and there's nothing to say that someone won't be experiencing something similar and, instead if posting their own question, look to this thread for guidance.
tell him. explain it all. If he knows you and knows it’s out of character then he will be able to get over it. would you like to know if you were in a similar situation? think of the worst case scenario and he finds out another way, that wouldn’t be great. good luck, just be honest & yourself x
Original post by Anonymous
Last weekend I went out with a couple of my friends and got fairly drunk, there was this guy who kept coming up to me/dancing with me and I was kind flirting with him. I ended up getting quite intimate with him, we kissed and touched each other a bit but we NEVER slept together nor did I go back to his. Now my friends have all told me not to say anything to my boyfriend because it meant NOTHING and it is complete out of character for me to do such a thing but I can't cope with it and I feel so guilty because it is so unlike me.

What do you guys think I should do?

I don't want to give too much away in terms of my boyfriend/how long we have been together because I know he goes on this site quite a bit hence why I am anon.

If you think you can forget about it then don't tell him. If it's making you feel guilty and you think you will end up telling him eventually then you should tell him now. If you did it because you don't actually want to be with him, you should end it with him, but you still don't need to tell him what happened.

I don't think he needs to know, but I think you need to think about why it happened, and if it's because you want to see other people then you should leave him, or discuss being in an open relationship. If it was just a slip up, there is no need to tell him if he won't find out later. My reason being that if he found out later there would be the additional pain from you having hid it, but if he'd never find out he doesn't need to know.
it doesnt matter if you didnt sleep with him kissing is still cheating.
Yes you obvs need to tell him.
Original post by Abel_Gibbs
S

I'm fully aware. But, internet forums are permanent and there's nothing to say that someone won't be experiencing something similar and, instead if posting their own question, look to this thread for guidance.

I understand and while its not causing me any distress, I believe it's against forum rules to revive such an old thread. Was just letting you know :smile:
Lol everyone here talking about if the guy done this. I can tell from your comments that you would all be encouraging him to not tell her anything as it was a casual “Guys night out”. Foh with your stupid comments. And the guy on about his “long term relationship”, well ****ing done you’re so loyal !!! What do you want to hear. And yes going all the way or stopping before you realise you’re making a mistake are very different things. Before asking questions about her relationship you all jumped down her throat. Shows what impulsive you are 🤷🏻*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending