The Student Room Group

Can a girl like playing masculine computer games and not be gay?

In general, game playing is a boy thing. Let's be honest, it's a guy thing. So if a girl plays it obsessively then isn't that a masculine streak in the girl?

I can't visualize a girl who is interested in putting on her make-up and doing her nails to also to be type to be playing xbox and ps3 games.

EDIT

I mean freaking war games, not dumbass candy games with fairy cakes.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you serious? This is the same stupid logic that makes people think that ballet is for girls only, and that only gay guys do it. >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Just because a girl is a little bit on the 'masculine' side as you so kindly put it does not mean that she is a homosexual. They are in no way connected.
Reply 3
Original post by Tim2341

In general, game playing is a boy thing. Let's be honest, it's a guy thing. So if a girl plays it obsessively then isn't that a masculine streak in the girl?

I can't visualize a girl who is interested in putting on her make-up and doing her nails to also to be type to be playing xbox and ps3 games.

Don't be child - of course they can, I know a few girls exactly like that.

Fun fact: all the lesbians I know aren't gamers :smile:

EDIT: re-reading your post, none of the girl gamers I know are all girly with fake hair/nails/tan, they're normal girls.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Me and my ex played on the xbox all the time.

Bit of a stupid question really.
Reply 5
Original post by Gjaykay
Don't be child - of course they can, I know a few girls exactly like that.

Fun fact: all the lesbians I know aren't gamers :smile:

that's not the point, all the guys I know aren't gamers. If a girl plays male based games then it's very likely that girl has a gay brain.

There's nothing childish about it, atypical gender interests indicates some bias towards one gender or another.
To be honest I think lesbianism is more to do with enjoying having sex with other girls rather than a love of video games.
Reply 7
They did a poll of female CoD players, 98.1% were lesbian. So no, but basically. I imagine the rest were bi.
Reply 8
My girlfriend LOVES typical 'masculine' warfare games, and she always does her nails, makeup and hair. They do exist! :biggrin:
Original post by michaelhaych
To be honest I think lesbianism is more to do with enjoying having sex with other girls rather than a love of video games.

This :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Maccees
Me and my ex played on the xbox all the time.

Bit of a stupid question really.

Yes, but you're doing it socially which is a different motivation. Does she play it obsessively 24 hours? Does she play it on her own. That's the point. They're more likely to be gay if they play it like a male would. Males tend to get addicted to things like that. Not all males, but it's a male pattern.
Reply 11

You dont know notin about science.
Reply 12
definitely not an unattractive trait and no lots of straight girls play video games, just not nearly as much as guys though
And the award for the most stupid thread of the year goes to...
Reply 14
Masculine computer games? Pretty much every online shooter is full of little bitches that just sit in the corner.
Original post by Tim2341

A* would say differently. Piss off.

P.s. why is that relevant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tim2341

evidently neither do you if you continue to spout this inane pseudoscientific drivel without any empirical evidence to support it.
Reply 17
Original post by Mankytoes
They did a poll of female CoD players, 98.1% were lesbian. So no, but basically. I imagine the rest were bi.

Quoting : "They did a poll of female CoD players, 98.1% were lesbian"
lol, 1.8 percent were buy sexuals. :biggrin:
Reply 18
You can't be serious. :rofl:
No. Straight girls are only allowed to play Club Penguin -- anything else will turn them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending