The Student Room Group

Why is anime so popular nowadays?

Scroll to see replies

All according to Keikaku :colone:
Original post by rj1990
My ex girlfriend was into all that stuff and had an obsession with japanese culture.

I learnt that people that like it are sort of similar to the type that play video games all day, they have to find a way of escaping reality, believing in a fantasy world and relating their lives to this fantasy.

Also, I found her and all her friends extremely immature, to the point where it was quite scary how immature they really were.

No offence but they're freaks.

well no offence but your a f### head
Original post by A5ko
Kids watch Anime
Adults watch Manga
Perverts watch Hentai

End of lesson Grasshopper.

They'd be better off reading it
Reply 43
Original post by Dominic101

Depends if they read it fast or slow.
Reply 44
Anime has always been popular among all sorts of people, there have been times when anime has been more universally enjoyed such as when popular anime feature films are released (Studi Ghibli is a good example).

Original post by sheldorbaggins

It was not long after that people were dressing up as their favourite characters (with many young teenagers dressed rather inappropriately) and going to anime conventions and it was astonishing by how many people had become obsessed with it all. From what I've heard the storylines are quite confusing and there is some very disturbing sexual content.

The act of dressing up as an anime or vocaloid character is called cosplaying. Some people may find it odd to do so, yet the same is done with superheroes, video game characters, historical figures and so on.

Anime, like mainstream cartoons, have various categories. Such things as fantasy, mecha, adventure, commedy...are all present in anime too. There are things such as ecchi, hentai, yuri, yaoi, harem...which contain sexual content

Original post by Dominic101

Someone should make a flip book manga, that'd be sugoi!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending