The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purplemind
Just got an offer from Bristol. :smile: (AA in Mathematics and Economics - I already had an A* in Polish and apparently only need to get these 2).

Is Polish you're native language or is it English? Since I thought Uni's don't accept native languages.

But regardless, congrats on the offer!

Original post by Epic Flawless
Congrats on your offer too! Mine was actually AA in C3 and C4 too, I just read it wrong out of excitement. :tongue:

Congrats on that!

A few Bristol offers here. I feel I should check track too. When did you send off your application?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NedStark
Is Polish you're native language or is it English? Since I thought Uni's don't accept native languages.

Congrats on that!

A few Bristol offers here. I feel I should check track too. When did you send off your application?

Thanks buddy. I sent mine off on the same day purplemind did; the 8th of October, which explains why we might have received our offers on the sane day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on that!

It is my native language, I lived 16 years in Poland before I came here to do my A Levels. :smile: I was really surprised because I was told the same thing - that unis don't accept native languages.

Thank you. :smile:
Thanks buddy. I sent mine off on the same day purplemind did; the 8th of October, which explains why we might have received our offers on the sane day. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was received on the 9th so fingers crossed for an offer over the next few days :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplemind
It is my native language, I lived 16 years in Poland before I came here to do my A Levels. :smile: I was really surprised because I was told the same thing - that unis don't accept native languages.

Thank you. :smile:

Take it as a stroke of good luck. They probably let it slide if they love the rest of the application.
Reply 1925
Hurray, I just got my first offer from Bristol! A*AA in Mathematics and Economics with AA in C3 and C4.

Congrats on your offer! What GCSEs and AS grades do you have, if you dont mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take it as a stroke of good luck. They probably let it slide if they love the rest of the application.

That's probably right and I'm happy as it is quite a nice offer. :smile:
Reply 1927
Hurray, I just got my first offer from Bristol! A*AA in Mathematics and Economics with AA in C3 and C4.

Well done!
Original post by VinceVC
Congrats on your offer! What GCSEs and AS grades do you have, if you dont mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I had 10A*s at GCSE and 4As at AS. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Newcastle, Glasgow and Cardiff!!
Reply 1930
Just got a mail from Manchester asking for more information !
Did any other Bristol applicants who haven't got an offer yet receive an email from Bristol saying they're still considering the application?
Reply 1932
Original post by robin1125
Did any other Bristol applicants who haven't got an offer yet receive an email from Bristol saying they're still considering the application?

no? :frown:
Original post by abcd1711
no? :frown:

When did you send your UCAS off? I only got it this morning so they may not be sending them out all at once (especially if you only applied last week)
Reply 1934
When did you send your UCAS off? I only got it this morning so they may not be sending them out all at once (especially if you only applied last week)

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smko
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9th of October. This is the first kind of "we're looking at your application" type email since sending my UCAS off.

I'm getting a little impatient since one friend has an offer for Politics and Economics and another has an unconditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (both from Bristol), but I guess there's still plenty of time...
Reply 1936
9th of October. This is the first kind of "we're looking at your application" type email since sending my UCAS off.

I'm getting a little impatient since one friend has an offer for Politics and Economics and another has an unconditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (both from Bristol), but I guess there's still plenty of time...

I sent mine on the 14th .. Fingers crossed hah
Reply 1937
Sent on the 15th of october, got the confirmation email a few days later and nothing since..
Original post by Smko
I sent mine on the 14th .. Fingers crossed hah

Original post by abcd1711
Sent on the 15th of october, got the confirmation email a few days later and nothing since..

Probably just a thing they do after a certain number of days if you don't get an offer I guess...

Nope and I've applied on the 14th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending