The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by carnationlilyrose
That's a shame. I was addicted to it. Wonder why they discontinued it.

I'd be religiously checking it every few minutes and wouldn't get any of my work done, then fail my A-Levels hahahah
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lialore
I'd be religiously checking it every few minutes and would get any of my work done, then fail my A-Levels hahahah

Well, perhaps they were being merciful in abandoning it, then.
Reply 662
Hi there :smile: I am going to apply on monday for Sociology/Spanish. Do chances to be accepted increase if one sends the application off earlier. I am an EU student from Germany. This year, I visited some Scotish universities and at Dundee they told me that they will wait until the deadline to consider EU students. Does this hold true for all unis? Than I would not have to freak out and check track to many times :redface:
Original post by tina111
Hi there :smile: I am going to apply on monday for Sociology/Spanish. Do chances to be accepted increase if one sends the application off earlier. I am an EU student from Germany. This year, I visited some Scotish universities and at Dundee they told me that they will wait until the deadline to consider EU students. Does this hold true for all unis? Than I would not have to freak out and check track to many times :redface:

As long as you apply by the deadline, you will be considered just as much as someone who applied quite early :smile: Some universities do wait until the deadline, whereas others don't; it's very much dependent on the university as to which way they go about it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goodmorningworld
Very brave! I've left a space on my application in case I want to put/ need to put a really safe choice depending on what offers I get :smile: If not, I've got some other places I like the look of to narrow down.

St Chads, absolutely loved it on the open day - went to about 8 colleges overall when I've visited, narrowed it down and that was just my absolute favourite :biggrin: Which did you pick?

Slightly irrelevant - how on EARTH did you visit 8 colleges on the open day??!?! Did you register for them all or just walk in? Did you go for any department talks at all? I wish I'd been able to see more but I only managed two...oh well, the large majority of Durham applicants are pooled anyway. Best of luck to you!
Original post by weetabixing
Slightly irrelevant - how on EARTH did you visit 8 colleges on the open day??!?! Did you register for them all or just walk in? Did you go for any department talks at all? I wish I'd been able to see more but I only managed two...oh well, the large majority of Durham applicants are pooled anyway. Best of luck to you!

I went to two open days :redface: It's my first choice, I live locally and I've got a guaranteed offer for History from the Supported Progression scheme so I thought I might as well :biggrin: Registered for 3 or 4 each time and had seen some during the summer school. There were some I loved and only one or two I wasn't keen on, hopefully don't get pooled but feel fine about it if I do. Went to the English department talk on the first open day and both times a few of the other talks (finance etc). Did you go to the department talks?

Which ones did you go and see and which was your favourite/are you applying to? :smile:
i sent my application like an hour agoooo, so nervous ahhhh
Reply 667
*bangs head against the desk*

This. Waiting. Is. Driving. Me. Insane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blossoms
*bangs head against the desk*

this. Waiting. Is. Driving. Me. Insane.

posted from tsr mobile

trust me its horrible
Day 61.

News = Zilch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 670
Original post by melodyogbebor
trust me its horrible

Haha you sent it off an hour ago, I sent it off a month ago :redface:
You have a painful, torture-filled time ahead of you, mon amie :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlossomS

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 months ago. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to two open days :redface: It's my first choice, I live locally and I've got a guaranteed offer for History from the Supported Progression scheme so I thought I might as well :biggrin: Registered for 3 or 4 each time and had seen some during the summer school. There were some I loved and only one or two I wasn't keen on, hopefully don't get pooled but feel fine about it if I do. Went to the English department talk on the first open day and both times a few of the other talks (finance etc). Did you go to the department talks?

Which ones did you go and see and which was your favourite/are you applying to? :smile:

Ahh I see! Still quite a feat though haha. Yes I did go for two geography talks, but they were awkwardly timed so there wasn't really enough time to see anything in between...and then the booking system was quite strict for some colleges so I wasn't sure if walking all the way up the hill would be a waste of time or not :/ I saw Castle and St Mary's, so two very different sides to Durham! I loved Castle of course, as a Potterhead, and St Mary's was also lovely, but I decided on Trevelyan in the end because of the music amongst other factors :smile:) But I honestly won't be too bothered if I get any of the others...perks of being indecisive!

Which did you like/dislike/apply to? :smile:
Ahh I see! Still quite a feat though haha. Yes I did go for two geography talks, but they were awkwardly timed so there wasn't really enough time to see anything in between...and then the booking system was quite strict for some colleges so I wasn't sure if walking all the way up the hill would be a waste of time or not :/ I saw Castle and St Mary's, so two very different sides to Durham! I loved Castle of course, as a Potterhead, and St Mary's was also lovely, but I decided on Trevelyan in the end because of the music amongst other factors :smile:) But I honestly won't be too bothered if I get any of the others...perks of being indecisive!

Which did you like/dislike/apply to? :smile:

That hill is a killer like, I can't believe how out of breath I was when I walked up it :redface:
St Marys was lovely, I really liked it there. Saw Castle too and thought the uber high formality wasn't really for me though I like the idea of tradition. Ended up choosing St Chads, it had so many libraries, loved the garden and the food sounded nice too :biggrin:

Is Trevs the one with the hexagonal shapes? I saw that one at the summer school, too far away walk for me haha What instrument do you play? :smile:
That hill is a killer like, I can't believe how out of breath I was when I walked up it :redface:
St Marys was lovely, I really liked it there. Saw Castle too and thought the uber high formality wasn't really for me though I like the idea of tradition. Ended up choosing St Chads, it had so many libraries, loved the garden and the food sounded nice too :biggrin:

Is Trevs the one with the hexagonal shapes? I saw that one at the summer school, too far away walk for me haha What instrument do you play? :smile:

Yes, it is the hexagonal one (: Haha I picked Trevs precisely because it is so close for me to walk! Geography is based at the Science Site. Assuming your course isn't? St Chads does sound lovely from your description! I play piano and violin! I frequently delude myself into thinking I can sing as well.

I think the clincher for me was probably the line in the Trevs prospectus about having the highest occurrences of students eating breakfast in their pyjamas...because everything's located close together and cosy (: So desperately hoping for an offer! I fell in love with Durham, although I haven't in good conscience been able to rank my choices...don't want to assume I'm getting offers and then be disappointed. All 5 are lovely as well:smile: In the meantime I shall try to break the record for the number of times you can possibly check Track in one day. Where else are you applying?

...I think I talk/type too much. Somebody make me stop. I'm addicted to TSR.
Original post by g.k.galloway
Day 61.

News = Zilch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Over 40 days, I feel so unwanted by universities, :cry:
Reply 676
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
Over 40 days, I feel so unwanted by universities, :cry:

Where have you applied and for what course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dkhanna
Where have you applied and for what course

Posted from TSR Mobile

History at Oxford, Durham, Bristol, York and Exeter. I know they traditionally hand out offers later, but I've already seen loads of people get offers from all these universities with the same course and of the same academic calibre. :frown: May be they just don't like my personal statement...
Original post by BlossomS

Posted from TSR Mobile

received an conditional offer for portsmouth today! 300 ucas points eeek! 1 one, 4 to go! :smile:
Yes, it is the hexagonal one (: Haha I picked Trevs precisely because it is so close for me to walk! Geography is based at the Science Site. Assuming your course isn't? St Chads does sound lovely from your description! I play piano and violin! I frequently delude myself into thinking I can sing as well.

I think the clincher for me was probably the line in the Trevs prospectus about having the highest occurrences of students eating breakfast in their pyjamas...because everything's located close together and cosy (: So desperately hoping for an offer! I fell in love with Durham, although I haven't in good conscience been able to rank my choices...don't want to assume I'm getting offers and then be disappointed. All 5 are lovely as well:smile: In the meantime I shall try to break the record for the number of times you can possibly check Track in one day. Where else are you applying?

...I think I talk/type too much. Somebody make me stop. I'm addicted to TSR.

That is so cool, didn't read the prospectus properly; that sounds so nice though! History is mainly nearer the city centre and I'm a lazy person! Wow, I'd love to play an instrument - that's great you can play two! I've had flute and violin lessons before and lasted less than a month of each - and definitely can't sing :biggrin:

I've applied for Sheffield (waiting to hear), Newcastle (offer ABB/AAA depending on a program I'm on) and then Newcastle for English with Creative Writing (waiting to hear). Left one blank for later lol

I think I'll be able to beat you haha, can't help but obsess over track... Where are you applying?

I'm addicted to TSR too:redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending