The Student Room Group

I love him so much, but how can I make him fall for me?

hey everyone. sorry for this but I need your help. All of u TSR

Thing is, I'm a guy, and only found out I'm bisexual after I fell for this guy (dunno what about him that made me so attracted to him).

Anyway, we're both in uni, I'm 21, he's 19. we talk occasionally but he's closer to my best friend Michelle. I've been obsessing with this guy for nearly a year; I can't get him out of my head, he's all I think about, etc etc ..i think u guys get the rest.

Anyway, so Michelle has been helping me find out if he's gay or bi at the very least. Apparently she has this "gaydar" which I don't really believe in and she honestly believes he's gay.

Anyway, there are a few signs that might suggest he's gay, but then last time, Michelle had a convo with him about gay people and stuff and he said he doesn't have a problem with them and I dunno he said something and michelle replied is that a fact or are you talking from experience with a winky face. (Bless her soul, she's really trying hard to find out and hook us up together). (this wad done all through texting between them btw) so he just laughed and said maybe, or something along those lines.

now Michelle is convinced he's gay, but i need more proof. Me and him, we share a lot in common, our hobbies, interests, what we like, and even Michelle told us our personalities are alike and said we'd match and be such a cute couple. Oh and get this, we have the same first name

Bottom line, I really really want him to be gay and we're so close (well Michelle is) to finding out if he is, but she needs to hang out more with him so he can open up. Him and her, they're close, but not THAT close.

My question to you Tsrians, is that once I (hopefully) find out he's gay or bi, how would I make a move? I know it sounds pathetic and stuff, but I really don't want to friend-zone myself, which is why I'm not making much of an effort to talk to him a lot (mostly because I'm shy and get nervous around him but that's another reason!) I just want him so bad

how would I go on about and make him realize that i like him? Should i tell him I'm bisexual or what? What subtle hints should I throw to him? I've never ever dated anyone so I don't really know how this all works.

Thank you so much for listening and I really apologize for the long thread!

Scroll to see replies

Isn't it better just to ask him directly about his orientation instead of getting a friend to do it?
Reply 2
Original post by SecretDuck
Isn't it better just to ask him directly about his orientation instead of getting a friend to do it?

that would be very awkward as we barely talk. Michelle knows him more so that would be more convenient.
Reply 3
Original post by Yakob
I feel like I'm watching a documentary on how homosexuals do their mating rituals and ****. My popcorn is ready.

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/assets_c/2010/09/Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

Do you have him on FB? Sometimes people say if they're gay under "Interested In."

Get her to ask him if he has a girlfriend as there's a girl who's interested in him? (See if he's dated girls before, ofc could be bi too)
Original post by Anonymous
that would be very awkward as we barely talk. Michelle knows him more so that would be more convenient.

Maybe she could ask him about the orientation instead of assuming it? The question could just arise from casual conversation.
Reply 5
Original post by Alpha brah
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/assets_c/2010/09/Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

Do you have him on FB? Sometimes people say if they're gay under "Interested In."

Get her to ask him if he has a girlfriend as there's a girl who's interested in him? (See if he's dated girls before, ofc could be bi too)

sadly no, I googled him, tried to find him on fb, twitter AND skype. No luck! I dont think he uses those things. and his best mate told michelle that he never liked any girl nor kissed any girl.
Reply 6
Maybe she could ask him about the orientation instead of assuming it? The question could just arise from casual conversation.

well that's what i told her to say. and according to her, she says he's gay from the convo they had, but like i said, i need more proof
well that's what i told her to say. and according to her, she says he's gay from the convo they had, but like i said, i need more proof

If he says he's gay, then most likely he isn't lying. What proof do you need?
Reply 8
If he says he's gay, then most likely he isn't lying. What proof do you need?

he didn't actually say he's gay. he was "teasing" her about it when she "indirectly" asked him
Reply 9
Surely it would just make far more sense for Michelle to ask this guy whether or not he's gay straight up. If he is, great! If he's not, you have your answer.

I don't mean to sound cruel but you and Michelle are carrying on like 14 year old school children and not adults. Handle it like an adult relationship, take the bull by the horns and just ask him (even if it is through Michelle) whether or not he's gay.
he didn't actually say he's gay. he was "teasing" her about it when she "indirectly" asked him

Still, if I was in his position, I would rather be asked directly.
Reply 11
Still, if I was in his position, I would rather be asked directly.

alrighty then. in 2 days, me, michelle, him, and his friend are going out for dinner. I'll let michelle ask him before that and during the dinner she's gonna occupy herself with his friend while he's free to talk to me!
miiiiichelle my belle sont les mot qui vont tres bien ensemble

michelle is the one you will end up with.

mark my words.
Reply 13
Original post by musketeer
Surely it would just make far more sense for Michelle to ask this guy whether or not he's gay straight up. If he is, great! If he's not, you have your answer.

I don't mean to sound cruel but you and Michelle are carrying on like 14 year old school children and not adults. Handle it like an adult relationship, take the bull by the horns and just ask him (even if it is through Michelle) whether or not he's gay.

lol. well I wanna handle this situation with "care". I dont' want michelle to rush up with it and ask him straight out if he's gay. we live in a close minded society and he might freak out. I've come so far, been obsessing with him for over a year. I dont wanna screw it up that fast! :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by martin jol
miiiiichelle my belle sont les mot qui vont tres bien ensemble

michelle is the one you will end up with.

mark my words.

that's quite funny. Michelle and I would NEVER work out lol. we're so different.
Reply 15
lol. well I wanna handle this situation with "care". I dont' want michelle to rush up with it and ask him straight out if he's gay. we live in a close minded society and he might freak out. I've come so far, been obsessing with him for over a year. I dont wanna screw it up that fast! :frown:

I'm honestly confused as to why Michelle has to be involved in this tbh. Just ask him yourself?
I think you're getting this completely back-to-front. Rather than try to make him fall for you, how about you getting to know him first?!

Okay, you fancy him - but by your own admission struggle to talk to him and haven't had much contact with him. Embrace the fact that you're meeting up soon to learn about him and let him know about you. Does he know you're bisexual? If you're going to be friends with him irrespective then he ought to know that and frankly if he is gay or bi then that information will hopefully be enough to prompt him to start casually flirting if he's interested.

A year is a long time to idolise someone and he cannot possibly be everything you've built him up to be so start slow and see what happens.
Reply 17
Original post by musketeer
I'm honestly confused as to why Michelle has to be involved in this tbh. Just ask him yourself?

we're not close. he doesn't know me that well for me to ask him if he's gay. That's gunna be awkward.
Reply 18
Original post by Lotus_Eater
I think you're getting this completely back-to-front. Rather than try to make him fall for you, how about you getting to know him first?!

Okay, you fancy him - but by your own admission struggle to talk to him and haven't had much contact with him. Embrace the fact that you're meeting up soon to learn about him and let him know about you. Does he know you're bisexual? If you're going to be friends with him irrespective then he ought to know that and frankly if he is gay or bi then that information will hopefully be enough to prompt him to start casually flirting if he's interested.

A year is a long time to idolise someone and he cannot possibly be everything you've built him up to be so start slow and see what happens.

haha alright I'll let him get to know me better. :smile:
Reply 19
we're not close. he doesn't know me that well for me to ask him if he's gay. That's gunna be awkward.

So, as someone's already said, just get to know him casually and find out subtly for yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending