The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by Rafael_96
LMAO! Hoping the question was a joke :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it was. Just found out that Afghanistan participated in the NK war, supporting the Azeris here look:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-Karabakh_War its under belligerents on the right-hand side
Reply 2501
Original post by jenasdfghjkl
I've applied for Economics and got offers from Southampton, Cardiff, Sheffield and Leeds

Waiting on my (possible) first choice of Loughborough! Has anyone heard back from them yet?:smile: Been waiting over a month:frown:

I applied for Economics and Management at Loughborough and it took a few weeks longer for them to reply compared to my other choices. Their business school is very popular so they must have a lot of applications to get through.

Btw I've also applied to Cardiff and Sheffield! I think Sheffield will be my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brambs
I applied for Economics and Management at Loughborough and it took a few weeks longer for them to reply compared to my other choices. Their business school is very popular so they must have a lot of applications to get through.

Btw I've also applied to Cardiff and Sheffield! I think Sheffield will be my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh haha snap! Yeah I'm not sure - either Sheffield or Loughborough will be my first choice, need to visit both again to decide :smile: agh that's quite annoying but hopefully I'll get a place. What are your predicted grades if yo don't mind me asking?
Reply 2503
Oh haha snap! Yeah I'm not sure - either Sheffield or Loughborough will be my first choice, need to visit both again to decide :smile: agh that's quite annoying but hopefully I'll get a place. What are your predicted grades if yo don't mind me asking?

Yeah I'm visiting Sheffield again, and I might visit Loughborough again too! I'm predicted A*AA but I'm not sure whether I'll actually get that. As long as you have their minimum requirements you should definitely get a place :biggrin:
Original post by Brambs
Yeah I'm visiting Sheffield again, and I might visit Loughborough again too! I'm predicted A*AA but I'm not sure whether I'll actually get that. As long as you have their minimum requirements you should definitely get a place :biggrin:

Mine are the same as yours! So yeah hopefully I should be able to get a place, it'll be so nice to have 5/5 :smile: are you going to any of the applicant days in Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2505
Mine are the same as yours! So yeah hopefully I should be able to get a place, it'll be so nice to have 5/5 :smile: are you going to any of the applicant days in Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should definitely get a place then don't worry :smile: waiting this long must be annoying for you though! and yeah I'm going on the 14th February- Valentines day ahaha. Are you?
Original post by Brambs
You should definitely get a place then don't worry :smile: waiting this long must be annoying for you though! and yeah I'm going on the 14th February- Valentines day ahaha. Are you?

Hope so! :smile: yeah it is but if worst comes to the worst I still have Sheffield! Think I may be going to that one too hahah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what's the latest with offers? Any new ones or has UCAS been quiet?
Anyone got an offer from SOAS or UCL for economics? Those are the ones that I'm waiting for
Received an offer from LSE for Bsc Economics!
Original post by NedStark

Congrats! :smile:
Reply 2511
Original post by Razina17
Anyone got an offer from SOAS or UCL for economics? Those are the ones that I'm waiting for

I received an offer from SOAS for a joint Geography and Economics degree
Original post by Epic Flawless
Congrats! :smile:

Thanks! Check your PMs btw.

OMG! So did I! My First Offer Aswell!

Edit: Oh and I forgot, congrats to you man :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Razina17

been asked for module grades by UCL but thats about it.

How does that work by the way? i asked my careers officer in school and his advice was spectacularly awful - " just send them your module grades " -__-
Reply 2515

Well done!! Knew you could do it!

Fingers crossed I don't get rejected before christmas
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

First offer?! Well isn't that a tale to tell. When did you send yours off? Congrats too haha.

Original post by Giant
Well done!! Knew you could do it!

Fingers crossed I don't get rejected before christmas

Thanks, you had more belief in me than I did myself. :smile:

If I got an offer I'm sure you should soon, your grades are far better than mine.
(edited 10 years ago)

Original post by Boy_wonder_95

Congratulations guys, I got my offer for LSE economics today as well. All hail LSE thursdays!!!
Got an offer from York, Now i'm stuck between York and Surrey '-'
Which one do you guys think would be better? (Surrey offer is a sandwich year, which could be useful after uni). Also it seems surrey has a lot more maths modules, which I want, help :confused:
First offer?! Well isn't that a tale to tell. When did you send yours off? Congrats too haha.

Yh it was totally unexpected, I rushed to my inbox as soon as I saw your offer. I sent it on 11th of October, what about you?

Original post by TerribleTej
Congratulations guys, I got my offer for LSE economics today as well. All hail LSE thursdays!!!

Congrats to you too!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending