The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

How much are the tuition fees for a 3 year degree

Hi everyone,

How much are the tuition fees for a 3 year degree and would a student loan cover all the fees
~£27k and yes, student loan does cover all tuition fees.
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Original post by mr T 999
Hi everyone,

How much are the tuition fees for a 3 year degree and would a student loan cover all the fees

It all depends on the degree that you are interested in doing and where you apply to study; the maximum is £9000.
As for student loans you can usually take out the full loan to cover tuition fees. Also, depending on your situation/circumstances you may also be eligible for scholarships or bursaries (FREE MONEY!:biggrin:).
Have a goose here - it may help answer your questions: https://www.gov.uk/browse/education/student-finance
Reply 3
Hi everyone,

Buckingham is private, so they can charge their own fees, and do a 3 year degree in 2 years (no summer break) Here's the link for the fees breakdown, remember you won't get tuition fee loans for the whole amount (just £12k, which is 2x the yearly tuition fee "maximum") Fees link

Ignore the replies so far, people haven't noticed that you're posting in Buckingham's sub-forum, so the rules are a bit different.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Strangey
Buckingham is private, so they can charge their own fees, and do a 3 year degree in 2 years (no summer break) Here's the link for the fees breakdown, remember you won't get tuition fee loans for the whole amount (just £12k, which is 2x the yearly tuition fee "maximum") Fees link

Ignore the replies so far, people haven't noticed that you're posting in Buckingham's sub-forum, so the rules are a bit different.

Are you saying i have to pay partly for the tuition fee and use some of the student loan to pay for it
Reply 5
Are you saying i have to pay partly for the tuition fee and use some of the student loan to pay for it

Yep, that's exactly what you'd have to do! Or you go to any other uni in the country and get your Bachelor's in 3 years with all the fees cover by loans (which is normal, and costs up to £27k at the moment)
Reply 6
So how much would you pay in total of tuition fees at the end of 3 years at Buckingham will it be £27k or more
Reply 7
So how much would you pay in total of tuition fees at the end of 3 years at Buckingham will it be £27k or more

It's all in the link I gave you,but it's £25k at the end of the 2 years (like I said, Bachelor's are 2 years at Buckingham) £12k through loans, £13k through your own funding. That's compared with £27k at a normal uni, with all £27k paid through tuition fees.

Unless you have some burning desire to go to Buckingham, the spare money, and a very good reason for doing so - I can't really see the point of doing it differently
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Strangey
It's all in the link I gave you,but it's £25k at the end of the 2 years (like I said, Bachelor's are 2 years at Buckingham) £12k through loans, £13k through your own funding. That's compared with £27k at a normal uni, with all £27k paid through tuition fees.

Not all course are just 2 years they have some course at 3 years like an economics degree , so whats the tuition fees for the 3 year degree( will it be the standard £9k or £12k per year)and whats the total at then end of 3 years will be £27k or more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending