The Student Room Group

burnt finger 3 days before exam!!!

So I was getting dinner out of the oven, and the hot tray press against the base of my index finger, leaving a ~0.5x1cm blister, currently very sore. I ran it under cold water for 3min and have iced it since. My main concern is my physics exam on Tuesday and the burn is on a key part of my writing hand. Do you guys think the pain will be tolerable by then? If not, is there anything I can do?
Reply 1
inject some morphine and go take that test!
Original post by Ktulu666
So I was getting dinner out of the oven, and the hot tray press against the base of my index finger, leaving a ~0.5x1cm blister, currently very sore. I ran it under cold water for 3min and have iced it since. My main concern is my physics exam on Tuesday and the burn is on a key part of my writing hand. Do you guys think the pain will be tolerable by then? If not, is there anything I can do?

Coming from someone extremely clumsy - I still have a bit of a scar from when I burnt myself with 230 degree straighteners- you'll be fine just put ice on it and take your mind off it, if you still don't feel up to it on Tuesday you could notify your school and they might be able to help
Reply 3

physics in on monday!?

oh and ud probs get extra marks or time d.w

well mate whats done is done.. but it depends on the exam like if its a history exam you have to write a lawwwt! so it would suck but if its some other exam with less writing you're still fine..

as for medicine.. don't know if you can get "fucidin" its prolly the best gel you can get for burns and it will relieve pain
Reply 5
Original post by blaspame
physics in on monday!?

oh and ud probs get extra marks or time d.w

Thanks for all the replies. I don't know what board you're on but Aqa physics unit 1 is 20/05/14 on my timetable. I'm hoping icing it will be sufficient. I think pharmacies will be closed at this hour.
Reply 6

you could always get a scribe
Reply 7
Thanks for all the replies. I don't know what board you're on but Aqa physics unit 1 is 20/05/14 on my timetable. I'm hoping icing it will be sufficient. I think pharmacies will be closed at this hour.

oh sorry i too do aqa but im doin unit 2
good luck on the exam btw
You can also ask for some Lidocaine Hydrochloride (5%) cream such as Emla although I think in this country you might need a prescription - but your doctor will surely provide you with a script for one 5ml tube. Apply softly over the area, and in a ring at the base of your index finger to anaesthetise it (but don't use it if you've had issues with topical anaesthetics before).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending