Told a friend I like her.....

Scroll to see replies

OP, any updates?
Original post by EatAndRevise
OP, any updates?

Nothing. lol
Reply 82
Original post by Nomes89
So many immature guys giving bad advice here.

OP it sounds like you came on too strong. While you can't make a girl like you, you can give her time to actually 'come around' because it's likely from her point of view this is very out of the blue. There are a number of reasons she hasn't replied yet; she may be inexperienced with guys, scared of intimacy or even contemplating whether you're actually being genuine. You now need to diffuse the situation, make it more light hearted and take the pressure off. Keep it fun coz that intense **** will scare a lot of girls off.

I have talked to OP about this btw. I did kind of nudge him in the direction to go for it so I apologise that it hasn't gone to plan. Although I think the approach was wrong obviously with text or the way in which he texted her. I can also see why he thought she liked him too and I thought that they're good friends so would get over a situation like this quickly if it arose. I won't say more about why I think the ignoring thing is fishy and I've talked to him about it already.

Honestly I think it's not a recoverable situation in terms of the boyfriend girlfriend situation. But they could potentially have still been friends. Although as I know the situation a bit better, I'd say cut her off and let her do the chasing. He's made his feelings known, if she doesn't have the decency to actually text a friend that she supposedly cares about then she's a bitch plain and simple.

I feel for OP a lot though but it'll get better with time. Just focus on yourself and get rid of the oneitis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Nope. :frown:

Which is uncharacteristic of her, we're very close (not to the extent where she'll start complaining about guys, I aint no bitch) and she's very caring so I got no idea why she isn't replying.

You want to know why she isn't answering?

Bluntly: Because she doesn't like you back, she's embarrassed, she's making a mockery of you with her girlfriends, and she's hooked on someone else.

Pick it up from a guy who got a girl a week when he was single ... if she doesn't answer the same day she's a goner.
Original post by Solemn Rain
Unfortunately, this is the undeniable truth.
And yes, it's mental.

Is this in a generalised sense, or is it solely the bimbos OP goes for?
Original post by Clip
Let me look into my crystal ball.

I see:

"Hey mate, how's it going? So sweet of you for you to tell me that, but

(a) we have such a good time and we're such good friends and I really don't see you like that. I just don't want to risk our valuable friendship.

OR

(b) I have so much going on at the moment, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship atm. I need some space.

Have a great weekend!

Emily/Ella/Chloe/Hannah/Katie/Izzy x

You can't get any clearer than this!
Original post by Le Franglais
Is this in a generalised sense, or is it solely the bimbos OP goes for?

Generalised sense:smile:
Reply 87
I feel like some of you are over analyzing things. I can't speak for all the girls in the world, but the one thing we like for people to do is be truthful and blunt, especially in situations where you're about to ask a girl out. One things for sure, you (OP) telling her you like her through a text was a bad move. Think about the position she's in now. She's you're friend, so she obviously doesn't want to hurt your feelings whether she likes you in that way or not.

The reaction you get from her is how you play your cards. Personally, I think you should flat out tell her that you want to meet up with her, or ask a mutual friend to have her meet you in a specific place. Ask her why it took so long for her to reply, then base your confession on her emotions. If she's looking uncomfortable don't go out revealing your undying love for her as it will only make her more uncomfortable. Keep it simple and stay calm.
Whatever you do, don't say anything more through texts, it will only end in disaster (unless you're a lucky egg)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by minaekei
I feel like some of you are over analyzing things. I can't speak for all the girls in the world, but the one thing we like for people to do is be truthful and blunt, especially in situations where you're about to ask a girl out. One things for sure, you (OP) telling her you like her through a text was a bad move. Think about the position she's in now. She's you're friend, so she obviously doesn't want to hurt your feelings whether she likes you in that way or not.

The reaction you get from her is how you play your cards. Personally, I think you should flat out tell her that you want to meet up with her, or ask a mutual friend to have her meet you in a specific place. Ask her why it took so long for her to reply, then base your confession on her emotions. If she's looking uncomfortable don't go out revealing your undying love for her as it will only make her more uncomfortable. Keep it simple and stay calm.
Whatever you do, don't say anything more through texts, it will only end in disaster (unless you're a lucky egg)

I was forced to txt her tbh read other of my posts youll see why

I got a snapchat of her desert late last night, a bowl of ice cream. What the hell?

Even if it was a lot of us she still had to select my name. You cant send to all thats what the stories are for.
I still havent had a text though. lol! Its quite funny now tbh
I still havent had a text though. lol! Its quite funny now tbh

If you end up listening to fathobbit, you will end up a large amount of rejection. Just ask him about the countless rejection on TSR and this isn't a dating site. If you told her you liked her over a telephone it would have been far better, its a situation you could control and you could easily break the ice. There would be less awkwardness, someone is less likely to reject you over a phone then a text message, especially as you said you have a connection with her. Sometimes people don't know what to say by text, best thing is to pick up the phone and call her. Arrange a meet up in a sociable atmosphere, make is sound casual. If she has any objections overcome them. Be positive, you will get her!
(edited 9 years ago)
I think she likes you but isn't going tell you so unless you confess first! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SloaneRanger
If you end up listening to fathobbit, you will end up a large amount of rejection. Just ask him about the countless rejection on TSR and this isn't a dating site. If you told her you liked her over a telephone it would have been far better, its a situation you could control and you could easily break the ice. There would be less awkwardness, someone is less likely to reject you over a phone then a text message, especially as you said you have a connection with her. Sometimes people don't know what to say by text, best thing is to pick up the phone and call her. Arrange a meet up in a sociable atmosphere, make is sound casual. If she has any objections overcome them. Be positive, you will get her!

A large part of me thinks your joking. LOL
Original post by Fashion Girl
I think she likes you but isn't going tell you so unless you confess first! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you for real? lol
A large part of me thinks your joking. LOL

Why? Your not getting a response by text, the only way to get a response is by phone or face to face. If you don't, the longer you wait the more awkward it will be. Only you know if you stand a chance in closing this girl. Also you know her better then anyone, so you will able to overcome any objections she may have.
Why? Your not getting a response by text, the only way to get a response is by phone or face to face. If you don't, the longer you wait the more awkward it will be. Only you know if you stand a chance in closing this girl. Also you know her better then anyone, so you will able to overcome any objections she may have.

Just because I think you were having a dig at Fathobbit and then being tongue in cheek with your response sorry mate

I see her tomorrow. So I'll just wait until then.
Just because I think you were having a dig at Fathobbit and then being tongue in cheek with your response sorry mate

I see her tomorrow. So I'll just wait until then.

He was giving you really bad advice, not everyone plays games. Someones perception over someone else playing games, could simply be the way they handle a situation. Its easy to feel awkward about a situation like this, hopefully it goes well for you. At the moment you sound just like a guy who just likes a girl, if you ended up listening to him. You might end up sounding like a stalker. Best thing is you get to see her tomorrow, patience is a virtue. If you have an end game perfect place to show it.
(edited 9 years ago)
He was giving you really bad advice, not everyone plays games. Someones perception over someone else playing games, could simply be the way they handle a situation. Its easy to feel awkward about a situation like this, hopefully it goes well for you. At the moment you sound just like a guy who just likes a girl, if you ended up listening to him. You might end up sounding like a stalker. Best thing is you get to see her tomorrow, patience is a virtue. If you have an end game perfect place to show it.

you checked your dms btw?
Original post by Clip
Let me look into my crystal ball.

I see:

"Hey mate, how's it going? So sweet of you for you to tell me that, but

(a) we have such a good time and we're such good friends and I really don't see you like that. I just don't want to risk our valuable friendship.

OR

(b) I have so much going on at the moment, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship atm. I need some space.

Have a great weekend!

Emily/Ella/Chloe/Hannah/Katie/Izzy x

Man, that's cruel on a fresh heart break wound.
Original post by Nomes89
So many immature guys giving bad advice here.

OP it sounds like you came on too strong. While you can't make a girl like you, you can give her time to actually 'come around' because it's likely from her point of view this is very out of the blue. There are a number of reasons she hasn't replied yet; she may be inexperienced with guys, scared of intimacy or even contemplating whether you're actually being genuine. You now need to diffuse the situation, make it more light hearted and take the pressure off. Keep it fun coz that intense **** will scare a lot of girls off.

Most messed up advice you can ever give to someone. Are you a complete virgin when it comes to girls or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending