The Student Room Group

I've never been asked out, not even once

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StevieA
I have done plenty of asking despite being quite shy but it didn't go very well.:frown: If gay guys like me so much, why isn't even one woman willing to step forward and take a chance? I've heard that women only approach guys with model looks or immense status/wealth/fame. I used to think that was bull but I don't know anymore. Why do women have such a narrow range of men they find attractive?

That's bull. I've asked out a couple of guys but they've all turned me down. And these aren't guys with 'model looks' or 'immense status'. They're normal people, friends/acquaintances of mine.

We don't have a narrow range of people we find attractive. Some people think Tom Hiddleston is gorgeous. Some people don't. Some girls are more attracted to Asian guys, some girls are more attracted to black guys, some girls like white guys. All people will find different people attractive. 'Women' don't find a narrow range of people attractive, but 'any certain woman' might, perhaps even definitely will. There's a difference.
Reply 61
Original post by redferry
Actually a fairly large proportion of new age monkeys are polyandrous and it is found in meerkats as well as some canids and felines.

To suggest it is pretty much none existant, as you did, is pureley a lie.

What's monogamy got to do with anything? We were talking about males competing for females here. That can happen in polygamy or monogamy but not polyandry.

Most social mammals kill the children of their competitors, should we start doing that? Also mating type is dictated by resources in many species. For example most lions don't actually live in large prides, they live in small groups of two or three. It just depends what habitat they live in, and the size of the pride depends on prey type and availability.

Again, what is the % compared to social mammals who aren't polyandrous? Because mentioning 20-30 species out of thousands or millions would make virtually inexistent. With a linked source, please.

As for human societies, since the vast majority have been polygamous throughout history that shows people are behaving like most social mammals, not to mention competition for females is much more fierce in a polygamous society, human or animal. I also showed you that the number of polyandrous societies was close to ZERO.

Lions live in large prides , sometimes up to 30 individuals mostly made out of 1 alpha male (sometimes with a 2nd male lion forming a coalition) and his females plus their cubs. The groups of 2-3 are frustrated young males who haven't yet managed to dispose of an alpha and take over.

I'm not saying all natural behaviour is good, just that is is natural. In fact I'd love it if most girls weren't so picky (because their reproduction bottleneck instincts dictates them to be) and waited for the men to do everything, the world would be a much happier place. Look at the gay club scene for example, sex is free and on tap for just about anyone. For a guy to achieve this in the straight world he'd have to be a player for Chelsea or part of 1D. Why do you think they call gay men gay? :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StevieA
Again, what is the % compared to social mammals who aren't polyandrous? Because mentioning 20-30 species out of thousands or millions would make virtually inexistent. With a linked source, please.

As for human societies, since the vast majority have been polygamous throughout history that shows people are behaving like most social mammals, not to mention competition for females is much more fierce in a polygamous society, human or animal. I also showed you that the number of polyandrous societies was close to ZERO.

Lions live in large prides , sometimes up to 30 individuals mostly made out of 1 alpha male (sometimes with a 2nd male lion forming a coalition) and his females plus their cubs. The groups of 2-3 are frustrated young males who haven't yet managed to dispose of an alpha and take over.

I'm not saying all natural behaviour is good, just that is is natural. In fact I'd love it if most girls weren't so picky (because their reproduction bottleneck instincts dictates them to be) and waited for the men to do everything, the world would be a much happier place. Look at the gay club scene for example, sex is free and on tap for just about anyone. For a guy to achieve this in the straight world he'd have to be a player for Chelsea or part of 1D. Why do you think they call gay men gay? :h:

Literally thousands of species of mammal are polyandrous. I don't know it as a percentage but I'm sure you know how to use google.

Hahahaha you know nothing about lions. I can assure you that is only the case for a few areas - nameley the open plains of places such as the massia Mara and serengheti.

It has become plainly obvious to me you don't have a clue what you are talking about :biggrin:

Not all men want sex on tap with muktiple partners, many of my gay friends lament the gay scene and its lack of stable relationships
Original post by StevieA

The fact that you are arguing about this with an ecologist (redferry) is hilarious. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and she does.
Anyone of either gender that 'has never been asked out' has zero entitlement to complain.

Would you complain if you had never been offered a job despite never having applied?
Reply 65
Original post by redferry
Literally thousands of species of mammal are polyandrous. I don't know it as a percentage but I'm sure you know how to use google.

Hahahaha you know nothing about lions. I can assure you that is only the case for a few areas - nameley the open plains of places such as the massia Mara and serengheti.

It has become plainly obvious to me you don't have a clue what you are talking about :biggrin:

Not all men want sex on tap with muktiple partners, many of my gay friends lament the gay scene and its lack of stable relationships

Some lions are residents, living in groups centering around related lionesses, called prides

The second organizational behaviour is labeled nomads, who range widely and move about sporadically, either singularly or in pairs. Pairs are more frequent among related males who have been excluded from their birth pride

Where was I wrong? Although I didn't see how this go against my original point since these male nomads don't do this out of choice, they do it because they're not strong enough to kill an alpha and smash his bitches. Again, males competing.

As for the other thing, I still need a source on how many species are polyandrous. What I found is that polyandry is very rare among mammals and only 3% are monogamous. Source for % of all the mammals and especially social ones like humans, please.
Reply 66
Original post by StevieA
-

There is a general attitude that it is simply 'the done thing' that generally men approach women, however apparently the opposite is the case in Sweden (though don't take my word for that, I might be wrong), so don't take it too badly.

Unfortunately, you're going to do most of the initiating and as you mentioned that you're very shy then you might want to work on your self-confidence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StevieA
Where was I wrong? Although I didn't see how this go against my original point since these male nomads don't do this out of choice, they do it because they're not strong enough to kill an alpha and smash his bitches. Again, males competing.

As for the other thing, I still need a source on how many species are polyandrous. What I found is that polyandry is very rare among mammals and only 3% are monogamous. Source for % of all the mammals and especially social ones like humans, please.

OK:
Step 1 - open google scholar
Step 2 - put in lion social groups
Step 3 - never use wikipedia as a source of info ever again

If you need more guidance: maybe try looking into lions in Etosha national park in Namibia but there are plenty of other examples of 'non standard' prides. You see most studies went on in only two areas and it was thought that's how all lions lived. But in more recent years it has been revealed from the study of lions elsewhere that actually their social dynamic is much more complex and depends on their habitat and prey availability.

Look up polyandry in new age monkeys while you are at it.

Polyandry is more common in mammals than monogamy. Also while you are there you can check out hyena social dominance heirachies (female dominance) and Bonobo mating strategies - which by the way are pur closest living relative. Females approach males as well as males approaching females on Bonobo society - just to give you a hint.
Reply 68
Then if you see someone you like, go approach them. Just because girls aren't falling at your feet doesn't mean they aren't attracted to you. Make an effort and approach them; they may grow to acknowledge your positive characteristics :smile:
Reply 69
i wonder if elliot rodger would have found this thread useful
Don't feel bad about it, be proactive and ask people out and if they reject you that's their loss not yours. Also, its one of those things where you have to like the person that is asking you out. Many guys have told me they wanted to date me or have told me that they are interested in having some sort of relationship with me, but I don't feel the same way and rejected them. Try to look at it from that perspective. Don't be disheartened, these things take time.
> Doesn't realise that women are programmed to want the top 10% of men
> Doesn't know that women only use men for utility
> Hasn't yet realised that 99% of women are physically incapable of genuine love
> Doesn't see that even if he gets a girlfriend, she'll be bored of him in a few weeks and will merely be using him as a pit stop because she is always looking for 'better'
> Thinks that he'll get proper friendship and companionship in a relationship, when really he'll just get a bit of sex, superficial and temporary shows of care, and be in a constant state of worry about whether his girlfriend is cheating on or wants to leave him
> Doesn't see that only women and top men ever win the dating game in the long term
> Having read this, he'll still want to play the rigged game

OP, devote your mind to more rewarding and interesting pursuits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abstraction
> Hasn't yet realised that 99% of women are physically incapable of genuine love
> Doesn't see that even if he gets a girlfriend, she'll be bored of him in a few weeks and will merely be using him as a pit stop because she is always looking for 'better'
> Thinks that he'll get proper friendship and companionship in a relationship, when really he'll just get a bit of sex, superficial and temporary shows of care, and be in a constant state of worry about whether his girlfriend is cheating on him
> Doesn't see that only women and top men ever win the dating game in the long term

Posted from TSR Mobile

> Doesn't realise he is an idiot.
> Thinks that he'll get proper friendship and companionship in a relationship, when really he'll just get a bit of sex, superficial and temporary shows of care, and be in a constant state of worry about whether his girlfriend is cheating on or wants to leave him

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must have a sad life if that's what you believe!
Original post by SophieSmall
> Doesn't realise he is an idiot.

Well that's a pretty predictable reaction. I know women vehemently denounce guys who let them know they are on to them :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's a pretty predictable reaction. I know women vehemently denounce guys who let them know they are on to them :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh how cute. Everything you said is absolute *******s, I hope you're enjoying being lonely because women hate boys like you.
Original post by Michael!
You must have a sad life if that's what you believe!

I don't 'believe', my friend, I know. If you are a winner, then congrats, nature has endowed you with the tools for accessing a lifelong supply of women. But I am sure that everything I've written there is the absolute truth. Most men know, deep down, that I'm correct, but don't want to stare the tough and depressing reality in the face.

As for my life, well it's pretty damn good actually - even without any women in it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
WOW there is so much anger and frustration on this thread :lol:
Oh how cute. Everything you said is absolute *******s

Lol, no, it isn't. However I understand why you refuse to see this. Being a master of rationalisation, you're also one of self-deception.

, I hope you're enjoying being lonely because women hate boys like you.

Wow, you are really mad. I'm actually not the frustrated one here haha, you are. My life is fine, thanks. I've accepted how life is and now live it in relative peace. I don't waste my energy hating women, the best thing is to be indifferent. If you, on the other hand, wish to keep hating some invisible guy on TSR, you're welcome to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, no, it isn't. However I understand why you refuse to see this. Being a master of rationalisation, you're also one of self-deception.

Wow, you are really mad. I'm actually not the frustrated one here haha, you are. My life is fine, thanks. I've accepted how life is and now live it in relative peace. I don't waste my energy hating women, the best thing is to be indifferent. If you, on the other hand, wish to keep hating some invisible guy on TSR, you're welcome to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I don't hate you, on the contrary you amuse me and I pity you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending