The Student Room Group

Can i change my Uni option ?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!
Firstly- it is great to hear you like Kingston and want to come to us.
Secondly - don't panic.

Can I ask what subject you had applied for -as that information may help me find out what your options are. I have flagged your post and will speak to our admissions team tomorrow about whether we can do anything in advance to help reasure you of your options and get back to you as soon as I can.

Aside from that I would certainly recommend that you do go and look around the area you would be studying - if you have just gone on reviews- these can be very biased - and really you need to decide for yourself whether or not you feel it is right for you.

If you really feel it is not right for you, then there is still a chance you will get your firm choice of Reading, and if you don't want either - then there is Clearing. Although it is busy - if you have done your research and are prepared then you will hopefully have a good chance of getting a place.

Kind regards
Kerrie

Original post by carnationlilyrose
It's not quite as simple as that. You need a clearing number which you won't get if you have been accepted by Greenwich and, without it, Kingston are not allowed to talk to you. To get a clearing number, you need to ask Greenwich to reject you into clearing and that takes time, by which time any places in Kingston may well have gone, assuming there are any in the first place. That is why I say if there is no chance that you want to go to Greenwich, get out of that commitment now, ahead of results day, so that you can go into clearing straight away without waiting.

By the way, the 'reply with quote' button makes it much easier for me to see you are talking to me.
Original post by Kingston University
Hi there!
Secondly - don't panic.

Can I ask what subject you had applied for -as that information may help me find out what your options are. I have flagged your post and will speak to our admissions team tomorrow about whether we can do anything in advance to help reasure you of your options and get back to you as soon as I can.

Aside from that I would certainly recommend that you do go and look around the area you would be studying - if you have just gone on reviews- these can be very biased - and really you need to decide for yourself whether or not you feel it is right for you.

If you really feel it is not right for you, then there is still a chance you will get your firm choice of Reading, and if you don't want either - then there is Clearing. Although it is busy - if you have done your research and are prepared then you will hopefully have a good chance of getting a place.

Kind regards
Kerrie
You have quoted the wrong person. I'm not in the market for any university.
Reply 22

They probably don't accept dinosaurs anyway :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
They probably don't accept dinosaurs anyway :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to take that as a joke.
Sorry! Thought your answer was good so was following on from that. I will reply to them directly!
Kind regards
Kerrie

Hi there!
Secondly - don't panic.

Kind regards
Kerrie

Original post by goobypls
Basically it only took me till the 8th of July to realize that i don't want Greenwich uni as my insurance but instead Kingston uni.

I'll admit i probably didn't research properly but i thought Greenwich would be a good uni because it had good academic reviews. However I've only realized now that the area around the medway campus is depressingly bad. So i'm sat here depressed because the area is absolute trash (the uni is good though).

However Kingston seems to be a nice uni with an alright surrounding.

Yes i know this is my fault for not researching but i literally feel like my life is going down the drain if i end up at Greenwich university.:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Why don't you call admissions and ask them what to do or speak to their friendly team and explain your situation

Nightworld1066
Reply 27
Original post by Kingston University
Hi there!
Secondly - don't panic.

Kind regards
Kerrie

Sorry for the very late reply.

I put down chemistry with a sandwich year placement also i think it was the Mchem course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hopefully you will get a place good luck fingers crossed

Nightworld1066
Hello.
I have spoken to our admissions team and they have said you could try calling UCAS and seeing if they will let you swap your insurance choice. It is a long shot but you never know.

Failing that, then on results day -your options are:
1)Hopefully accept your firm choice as you will have met the offer requirements.
2)If you do not get into your firm choice then you need to contact Greenwich and see if they are offering you a place. If they do - and you really do not want to take it then you will need to ask to be released into clearing.
3) If you decide on being released into clearing then call up Kingston (or any other uni you want to try) and hopefully get a place that way.

There are risks involved in being released from your insurance choice as there is a chance you will not find a place through clearing - however the fact that you are looking for a place on a course that does not tend to have such a high demand as others does give you a slight advantage.

It is also worth checking the entry requirements that other universities require before you ask to be released (from your firm or insurance choice)- as you need to be sure that you meet the requirements with the grades you have obtained.

I hope that helps but do get back in touch if you have any further questions.

For more information about the Chemistry course here at Kingston and our clearing hotline details - please visit:
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/

Kind regards
Kerrie

Original post by goobypls
Sorry for the very late reply.

I put down chemistry with a sandwich year placement also i think it was the Mchem course.
I would suggested the same thing I have been through the selection process myself number of times so I can truly empathise with how you feel

Nightworld1066

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending