The Student Room Group

What Your University Says About You

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by diggy
Like the description of Newcastle as a future student

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get used to hearing "yah, yah... I could totes have gotten into Durham, yah..." On the plus side, there's loads of bang-tidy posh babes if you're straight
Reply 21
Original post by benpringle
Get used to hearing "yah, yah... I could totes have gotten into Durham, yah..." On the plus side, there's loads of bang-tidy posh babes if you're straight

That sounds hilarious, mate i've got a friend from Hackney that says "cool beans" that phrase is freaking retarded

Yes im straight, athletic and charismatic. Good thing i've got that stamina, im gonna need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by diggy
That sounds hilarious, mate i've got a friend from Hackney that says "cool beans" that phrase is freaking retarded

Yes im straight, athletic and charismatic. Good thing i've got that stamina, im gonna need it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only know one guy really well at Newcastle but he's gay :P When I went down to see him though... wow, you guys deffos have some of the most attractive babes if they weren't so stuck up. Could even rival my uni in the babes category :wink:
Original post by Changing Skies
I turned down Durham, York and Exeter to go to a university that shouldn't be in the RG, damn I'm crying here.

Seriously though, I don't know why Liverpool gets so much criticism. It's excellent for many areas and it's part of the RG because it's research based, that's all the RG is. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a really good Uni
"Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open"

Okay, because no working class locals attend Newcastle.
Reply 25
Original post by rayquaza17
"Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open"

Okay, because no working class locals attend Newcastle.

You're missing the whole point of the thread - it's supposed to be stereotypes! And plus, I haven't heard many "working class locals" any time I've been there.
I turned down Durham, York and Exeter to go to a university that shouldn't be in the RG, damn I'm crying here.

Seriously though, I don't know why Liverpool gets so much criticism. It's excellent for many areas and it's part of the RG because it's research based, that's all the RG is. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME! a lot of people say its a bad uni compared to other RG ones but it is really good and friendlier than most other places.
And you seem to have a very naive case of assuming that just because I voice what could be described as harsh descriptions on these universities that I don't attend one. I actually attend one of the universities I had a harsher opinion on and one that's near the top of most league tables, mate. Just opinions.

What do you think of Portsmouth?
Reply 28
Original post by janicee
What do you think of Portsmouth?

Heard it has great graduate prospects - head-hunted by MacDonalds themselves :wink:
Heard it has great graduate prospects - head-hunted by MacDonalds themselves :wink:

Ouch. That hurt. At least you didn't say slutty.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by janicee
Ouch. That hurt. At least you didn't say slutty.

I forgot slutty :P Nah you guys are alright, only know one girl who goes there but not spoken to her since we were 16...
Reply 31
University of Glasgow - where the smart Scottish kids go

:biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Caedus
:biggrin:

University of Dundee/Aberdeen/Strathcylde - where the dim Scottish middle-class kids go
Reply 33
University of Dundee/Aberdeen/Strathcylde - where the dim Scottish middle-class kids go

Hah, if only that were true! There's actually very little (if no difference at all) between the intellect of those who attend Glasgow/Edinburgh/St Andrews and those who attend second tier Scottish universities such as Dundee/Aberdeen/Strathclyde.
I forgot slutty :P Nah you guys are alright, only know one girl who goes there but not spoken to her since we were 16...

Haha, and yay! Aw that's annoying. I'm just wondering, but do you think 300 UCAS points is low? I'm guessing you did amazingly well, but I'm actually quite happy with my predicted grades ^-^
What uni did you go to?
x

My stereotype about universities - Universities are there to profit off students and taxpayers under the pretense of getting students ready for the working world.
There's no sheep in Cardiff..

What a cop out, give us another one :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably because it's in Liverpool
Original post by TheAnusFiles
It is a really good Uni

It actually is :tongue:
Original post by maryamzahid
SAME! a lot of people say its a bad uni compared to other RG ones but it is really good and friendlier than most other places.

Yeah I totally agree :h:
Original post by hello101010
Probably because it's in Liverpool

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Liverpool though, it's improved massively over the years and I love going there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Liverpool though, it's improved massively over the years and I love going there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still a higher than average risk of getting stabbed though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending