The Student Room Group

I've been told that I'm pretty, but I don't get approached by guys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous Coward
Some girls are pretty without having sex appeal.
Nice to look at, but not really 'hot'. The equivalent of a 'cute' male.

Maybe you're one of them.

True ....

Original post by ChickenMadness
Ye and some girls are hot but you wouldn't want to go near them because they have a slutty look.

Whereas another girl is less hot but looks very smiley and friendly and you just want to go up and talk to them. < Instantly fall in love with those types lol.

and very true!

To girls: from my experience with my girl buddies, I can quite safely say that what you ladies define as (a) pretty, (b) hot and (c) head-over-heels beautiful can be very different to a guy's definition!
OP it is most probably your social life. Even the hottest girls don't get regularly approached on the street but they will get a lot of stares.

Go clubbing/partying and if no-one approaches you then, most likely you are not as attractive as you think. Also if you do get approached, you can tell how good looking you are by how good looking the guys that approach you are as a rule of thumb
Maybe your personality stinks?

Believe if or not guys don't just want a pretty face

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trustno1
Maybe your personality stinks?

Believe if or not guys don't just want a pretty face

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah this is BS. We will approach just on looks, I mean some guys will be looking for only a quick bang anyway so personality doesn't matter. Personality only matters if you want to take things further.
Original post by Johnpeters
Nah this is BS. We will approach just on looks, I mean some guys will be looking for only a quick bang anyway so personality doesn't matter. Personality only matters if you want to take things further.

What if you knew her personality was horrible?

Would you still approach her?

I mean I was thinking she meant at university but if it's a one time thing isn't a night club best to pick up girls there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean I was thinking she meant at university but if it's a one time thing isn't a night club best to pick up girls there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you don't stick your dick in crazy.
Well you don't stick your dick in crazy.

My friend did, he had to move to Australia
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I've not actually asked for compliments, but I've been given them! And without sounding arrogant, I know I'm above average looking!

Well then you're arrogant and entitled as hell!
Why don't you go and approach people instead of whinging here?
As people have said, one of two things are happening here, you are either lying about people calling you pretty, or your friends (most likely your female friends) have been calling you pretty to make you feel good.

Either way, it's unlikely that you're good looking.
(edited 9 years ago)
To be honest so many guys are in the same situation. People I work with say that I'm not bad looking and surprised that I haven't got myself a girlfriend yet. But no female has ever approached me and asked if I'd like to go for a drink, so I've come to the conclusion that my colleagues are saying this to make me feel better which is a bit depressing, well it would be if I didn't already know that I was what is so often referred to as average looks.
Original post by Robbo-92
To be honest so many guys are in the same situation. People I work with say that I'm not bad looking and surprised that I haven't got myself a girlfriend yet. But no female has ever approached me and asked if I'd like to go for a drink, so I've come to the conclusion that my colleagues are saying this to make me feel better which is a bit depressing, well it would be if I didn't already know that I was what is so often referred to as average looks.

ye if those girls actually thought you were good looking they'd be asking to go out with you lol.
ye if those girls actually thought you were good looking they'd be asking to go out with you lol.

Just go ahead and depress me a little more why don't you! lol
Original post by Last Day Lepers
As people have said, one of two things are happening here, you are either lying about people calling you pretty, or your friends (most likely your female friends) have been calling you pretty to make you feel good.

Either way, it's unlikely that you're good looking.

Where is the basis for this claim?
Original post by Robbo-92

It may well be the case of the girls expecting the male to make the first move - YOU!

I wouldn't start to think that your colleagues are lying to you, if it appears that they are genuinely surprised! It probably means that they mean it!

Do you think you are good looking, honestly?
Where is the basis for this claim?

The basis is, you or your friends are claiming you're pretty yet you complain you don't get any attention. Thus your friends are lying or you are lying about your attractiveness.
Original post by plusC

and don't forget to +C

Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was looking for just a casual hook up then by all means I would, obviously not if i wanted a relationship. And the better looking girls I know seem to get more leeway from guys in terms of their personality

NIght club would most likely be better, but it could still happen just out and about
Reply 57
Pics or OP loses validity
Original post by Last Day Lepers
The basis is, you or your friends are claiming you're pretty yet you complain you don't get any attention. Thus your friends are lying or you are lying about your attractiveness.

There would be no point in lying about what I think of myself; I'm not drop dead gorgeous, but I am pretty.

I didn't say that I don't get attention; I do get stared at on a daily basis at uni, but no-one comes up to me.
There would be no point in lying about what I think of myself; I'm not drop dead gorgeous, but I am pretty.

I didn't say that I don't get attention; I do get stared at on a daily basis at uni, but no-one comes up to me.

Yeah trust me, that's not because you're pretty.

Let me explain it this way, you know when you see something shocking on tv or something weird and you know you shouldn't look but you can't help but stare. Well yeah that's presumably why they are looking at you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending