The Student Room Group

Why are things so weird between us?

I won't use their real names on here. Oh, and I'm a bisexual female.
So, I used to have a huge crush on a good friend of mine, Lola. She's bisexual. She would often invite me to go to places (like bowling, restaurants and the cinema) with her alone and I mistakenly took this to be a date-like thing (after asking several people on here about it :rolleyes: ). So yes, I told Lola how I felt about a year ago, and she turned me down. It was awkward for a while, but we bounced back and are friends again. Or so I thought. Recently, Lola has been blanking me.
I've since got a bit of a crush on somebody I consider to be one of my best friends, Ruby. She's.. I don't really know what she is (in terms of sexuality). Lola does know I have a bit of a crush on Ruby. Lola and Ruby are quite good friends. For some reason, Lola seems to act really flirty around Ruby, which is confusing as Lola has a girlfriend.
Back to the point. Lola has started blanking me, for some reason. We barely ever speak anymore and if we do, the silence stretches on for ages. I find myself feeling oddly uncomfortable around her, unable to answer even the simplest of questions. The other day I was walking right next to Ruby when Lola passed us. She gave Ruby sort of a flirty wave and completely ignored me. I then messaged Lola a week or so later, just casually asking how summer has been. It's been a week and she hasn't replied.

Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on? Lola is an awesome person and I'd love to be friends with her, but I'm not sure what's going on right now. Any tips on how I can sort this out?
Reply 1
Lola and Ruby like each other, or at least Lola likes Ruby.

Lola obviously doesn't like you, and it wouldn't surprise me if she influenced Ruby in that way too, because girls can be good at that.
Reply 2
Original post by lee1985
Lola and Ruby like each other, or at least Lola likes Ruby.

Lola obviously doesn't like you, and it wouldn't surprise me if she influenced Ruby in that way too, because girls can be good at that.

But Lola has a girlfriend.

I just don't understand why she hates me, I've done nothing wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
But Lola has a girlfriend.

I just don't understand why she hates me, I've done nothing wrong.

Then Lola is a dirty little cheating liar, according to my personal opinion and based only on the information you've given.

She's probably blanking you because she sees that you like Ruby too. Gay/bisexual girls have jealousy levels through the roof
(edited 9 years ago)
Because you slept with me and didn't call me back.
Reply 5
Original post by lee1985
Then Lola is a dirty little cheating liar, according to my personal opinion and based only on the information you've given.

She's probably blanking you because she sees that you like Ruby too. Gay/bisexual girls have jealousy levels through the roof

I am 100% sure Lola and Ruby haven't done anything. I don't think Ruby likes Lola
Why you use Lola... Reminds me of The Kinks song Lola where they guy falls in love with a girl dressed up as a guy lol...

Oh, and sometimes girls are like that, they find some weird reason to dislike you and feel obliged to make others feel the same.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I am 100% sure Lola and Ruby haven't done anything. I don't think Ruby likes Lola

You are dealing with girls here.

Girls are very clever.

You won't know what has happened unless you're told.

I'm not suggesting they have, but it's clear to me that there's a bit of jealousy and bitching going on.

Three is a crowd.
Based on the fact you've felt the need to come on here and ask about this you probably are, unwittingly, a bit obsessive around her.
Reply 9
Original post by Shaun1991
Based on the fact you've felt the need to come on here and ask about this you probably are, unwittingly, a bit obsessive around her.

Not really. I'm just trying not to focus on results day (which is approaching rather quickly), so I'm distracting myself by clearing up any things that have been niggling at me for a while, no matter how petty they are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending