The Student Room Group

Going crazy over a girl from the past

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
He got friendzoned by that girl. And now he's settled for you and is too lazy to make the same effort he did with the other girl. Basically.

Sounds about right ChickenMadness:yy:
Original post by ChickenMadness
He got friendzoned by that girl. And now he's settled for you and is too lazy to make the same effort he did with the other girl. Basically.

It's exactly what I think, and now I can't stop crying. When we met he seemed so in love with me, I was 'the one for him' and all this, I just don't understand anything. I'm going to tell him everything tonight, about this, about paying for stuff, everything.
Original post by Malevolent
Get out seriously. You need to find someone who loves you and respects you. This guy sounds like hes being a right douche.

It's been the same for 2 years. He never changes even though he's seen me upset time after time. I don't know why on earth he is here, he probably takes advantage of me because I pay for everything like I said, I do all of the cleaning too.
Original post by Anonymous
It's been the same for 2 years. He never changes even though he's seen me upset time after time. I don't know why on earth he is here, he probably takes advantage of me because I pay for everything like I said, I do all of the cleaning too.

ye he has a good thing going lol.

Like i said get out. If he doesnt change dont stay around.
Someone I really believe was my boyfriend's true love, she was always his friend and I am not sure if anything ever happened (I know they never dated but I genuinely don't know if he slept with her or not) but the point is he did so much more for her than he ever does for me.
Over a period of a few years, he seemed to make so much effort for her (some of what he's told me and some I know because I looked at his message history- which I know is completely wrong)

He always invited her to go to his friend's flat (I have never been invited to do that- only once when the friend invited us himself)
He always suggested stuff to her like going to exhibitions or some cool bar (He NEVER suggests places to me/takes me out, or very seldom. It's always me who has to)
He paid for her at the cinema and stuff a lot when they went (Generally I pay for the majority of stuff in our relationship like food shopping etc. even though he earns 500 a month more than me sometimes, but he never offers me money)
He said she looked like a supermodel, but he has never said that kind of stuff to me.
He was just soo nice and sweet with her. They haven't talked for ages and she has a boyfriend now.
She never CONFIRMED or denied whether she had feelings, even though he liked her for years. He knew I was insecure about her in the past. He had other female friends but he ONLY made effort with HER, never really the others.
He thinks she's beautiful (it was obvious) and I just don' know what to do, it's driving me crazy. I feel like I was a second choice because he couldn't have her.
Should I talk to him about this? I just can't stop thinking about it :s

You should break it off- he clearly really likes this other girl and this might sounds horrid but I think he likes her more than you. You deserve so much better, and speaking to him won't change his feelings unfortunately.

Honestly, you sound lovely- your boyfriend sounds like a jerk!

This is just my opinion, but good luck! :smile:
Original post by LilyLouise2
You should break it off- he clearly really likes this other girl and this might sounds horrid but I think he likes her more than you. You deserve so much better, and speaking to him won't change his feelings unfortunately.

Honestly, you sound lovely- your boyfriend sounds like a jerk!

This is just my opinion, but good luck! :smile:

and they haven't even spoken for nearly 1 year :frown: I've never betrayed him, I'm selfless, I've even moved to his country to be with him!!!!!! I buy him f***king takeaways all the time and random presents just because!! I always reply to messages, listen to him, don't judge him, and I'm not mean about him! Why can't it be enough :frown: I chose to only see my family and friends occasionally so that I could live with him and since I moved here he's never once ackowledged that!!
Thanks for the advice. I'm so numb right now, I bet I won't even break up with him because I'm just a coward :frown:
the problem also is that I don't have any family I can stay with in this country, and I have a job so I can't just leave it without any notice either. We live together but our contract has expired, I have somewhere I could go but not for another 3 weeks yet :s
and they haven't even spoken for nearly 1 year :frown: I've never betrayed him, I'm selfless, I've even moved to his country to be with him!!!!!! I buy him f***king takeaways all the time and random presents just because!! I always reply to messages, listen to him, don't judge him, and I'm not mean about him! Why can't it be enough :frown: I chose to only see my family and friends occasionally so that I could live with him and since I moved here he's never once ackowledged that!!
Thanks for the advice. I'm so numb right now, I bet I won't even break up with him because I'm just a coward :frown:

Aww, I'm really sorry to hear this- but you need to break up with him. However hard it is, you will find someone who deserves you :smile: and you will be so much happier, and you won't be worrying and you won't feel as insecure r anything. If you need any help/ want to talk feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by LilyLouise2
Aww, I'm really sorry to hear this- but you need to break up with him. However hard it is, you will find someone who deserves you :smile: and you will be so much happier, and you won't be worrying and you won't feel as insecure r anything. If you need any help/ want to talk feel free to PM me :smile:

Thanks, I really hope so :smile: She didn't contact him for a while and he was very annoyed, he was saying that she wasn't interesting anyway the last time they met and he would not see her anymore, stuff like that, but he's lost contact with other people also and he never said anything like that. I feel like a naive idiot now:frown:
Reply 30
Original post by Terry McDermott
I don't see how he's desirable to you at all.

He puts you second best, you can't even talk to him because of fear that he'll get angry. This is not a healthy relationship.

Are you putting out? If yes, you have your answer. He's 'enjoying' you without giving you the time of day when you want it.

This.
Thanks, I really hope so :smile: She didn't contact him for a while and he was very annoyed, he was saying that she wasn't interesting anyway the last time they met and he would not see her anymore, stuff like that, but he's lost contact with other people also and he never said anything like that. I feel like a naive idiot now:frown:

Don't worry- break up with him and you will feel soooo much better- maybe not at first, but definitely later!
Reply 32
My heart breaks for you.
You know the answer, you just needed affirmation from us lot.
You sound like a lovely person. You have had the life sucked out of you by this leech and need to get out before it is too late. It won't be long until he starts telling you how much better this girl is than you and that no one else will ever want you. This is the way abusive partners start out.
You WILL find someone who makes you there all, just take some time to get yourself back first.
With all the money you save from supporting his sorry arse, perhaps you can rent a room for a couple of weeks until you can move in with your friend?
Original post by Cobbler
My heart breaks for you.
You know the answer, you just needed affirmation from us lot.
You sound like a lovely person. You have had the life sucked out of you by this leech and need to get out before it is too late. It won't be long until he starts telling you how much better this girl is than you and that no one else will ever want you. This is the way abusive partners start out.
You WILL find someone who makes you there all, just take some time to get yourself back first.
With all the money you save from supporting his sorry arse, perhaps you can rent a room for a couple of weeks until you can move in with your friend?

Thanks for your advice. Even though they are no longer friends, who knows about the future... I am going to be strong and do it tonight. It's a very expensive city so I'll try to sort out a cheap room if I can. I've actually made many theads about him on here, and people have told me on here that he is abusive, but I stay for the times when he is nice. I'll just have to be brave.
Reply 34
Original post by Mubariz
A relationship is about give and take, if you aren't happy, then leave.

as the person above said, confront him about it, tell him how you are feeling and if he dumps you then you can find a better guy.

I agree. OP you deserve better :smile:
Reply 35
Thanks for your advice. Even though they are no longer friends, who knows about the future... I am going to be strong and do it tonight. It's a very expensive city so I'll try to sort out a cheap room if I can. I've actually made many theads about him on here, and people have told me on here that he is abusive, but I stay for the times when he is nice. I'll just have to be brave.

Oh my god, just read this part. OP, this is horrible. You have to get out ASAP. Please be careful too, is there anyone in real life you can tell about this?

I recommend Hostel Bookers/Hostel World for super cheap accommodation. Went round the UK a few months ago and spent under £10 a night in some perfectly decent places.

You can also call Women's Aid (Google it) if he's being abusive. They have a free helpline. And there are refuges for women in your situation if you're short of money.
Someone I really believe was my boyfriend's true love, she was always his friend and I am not sure if anything ever happened (I know they never dated but I genuinely don't know if he slept with her or not) but the point is he did so much more for her than he ever does for me.
Over a period of a few years, he seemed to make so much effort for her (some of what he's told me and some I know because I looked at his message history- which I know is completely wrong)

He always invited her to go to his friend's flat (I have never been invited to do that- only once when the friend invited us himself)
He always suggested stuff to her like going to exhibitions or some cool bar (He NEVER suggests places to me/takes me out, or very seldom. It's always me who has to)
He paid for her at the cinema and stuff a lot when they went (Generally I pay for the majority of stuff in our relationship like food shopping etc. even though he earns 500 a month more than me sometimes, but he never offers me money)
He said she looked like a supermodel, but he has never said that kind of stuff to me.
He was just soo nice and sweet with her. They haven't talked for ages and she has a boyfriend now.
She never CONFIRMED or denied whether she had feelings, even though he liked her for years. He knew I was insecure about her in the past. He had other female friends but he ONLY made effort with HER, never really the others.
He thinks she's beautiful (it was obvious) and I just don' know what to do, it's driving me crazy. I feel like I was a second choice because he couldn't have her.
Should I talk to him about this? I just can't stop thinking about it :s

There is always that one girl that got away for every guy, your instincts are probably right.

damn that sucks. whats your home country?

This is why I'll never do anything like that for a girl unless I'm married to them.
Let it goooo! The past is in the past!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending