The Student Room Group

Why are TSR users so anti-female?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
or any sort of mechanical or electrical equipment

This for example. Limited intelligence maybe or poor sense of humour?- they just repeat old nineteenth century myths.

Probably frightened that women are going to take their jobs? Maybe they feel undervalued and have low confidence and therefore take it out on women. Much in the same way as you 'kick the cat'.

You'd think that they'd realise that aggression and abuse are not likely to endear women to them or strengthen any case they're trying to explain to other men.

But maybe they don't want the approval of women or men?
And I didn't say anything like that lol

You know that Mickey guy with brad pitt as his pic? The ultimate white knight on here
Reply 42
Original post by TolerantBeing
Hah. Stay well away from Tumblr. You shouldn't even give the feminists on there a second thought. A lot of the women on there do have some serious issues what with the 'gender neutral' and 'thin privilege' bs. You don't actually take them for serious do you?

Feminism leads to unfair convictions? :lolwut: Firstly, that certainly isn't part of my daily life, and secondly I really don't think that's a reasonable statement. How does feminism lead to wrong convictions?

It just seems like you guys are clutching at straws by holding onto a very small proportion of feminists who are 'radical'. It doesn't seem all that sound to me. How many radical feminists do you know?

They are serious obviously though I don't take their views as the majority.

Well I'm saying unfair convictions like false rape convictions, some of which rad fems (part of feminism) advocate and general feminists ignoring the innocent until proven guilty statement. Feminism also leads to an over focus on one particular gender and practically neglects the majority of issues impacting the other gender.

I know quite a few, I tried to call them out on their bs and instead they proceeded to throw harsh generalisations at me, including things that said I had a 'white privilege' and that sexism does not happen to males, I grew up around some of these women who now hold such radical views. Believing ''rape culture, e.g. Blurred Lines'' as the main cause of rape? These feminists somehow think they know what goes on in our brains and dumbs us down all to beings who are influenced to commit such awful crimes based on a music video, please leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pickup
This for example. Limited intelligence maybe or poor sense of humour?- they just repeat old nineteenth century myths.

Probably frightened that women are going to take their jobs? Maybe they feel undervalued and have low confidence and therefore take it out on women. Much in the same way as you 'kick the cat'.

You'd think that they'd realise that aggression and abuse are not likely to endear women to them or strengthen any case they're trying to explain to other men.

But maybe they don't want the approval of women or men?

I wasn't serious brah
Original post by TheAnusFiles
You know that Mickey guy with brad pitt as his pic? The ultimate white knight on here

Nah no idea who he is. There's a lot though
No, its begin scared to walk the streets alone incases you are accused of rape

If you are genuinely too afraid to walk out of your house alone, when it gets dark, in case a woman accuse you of rape...I honestly think you should consider some counselling, or just please, turn off the computer for a day or two. Because that's a bit concerning.
If you are genuinely too afraid to walk out of your house alone, when it gets dark, in case a woman accuse you of rape...I honestly think you should consider some counselling, or just please, turn off the computer for a day or two. Because that's a bit concerning.

You say that but its actually happened to me
Hah. Stay well away from Tumblr. You shouldn't even give the feminists on there a second thought. A lot of the women on there do have some serious issues what with the 'gender neutral' and 'thin privilege' bs. You don't actually take them for serious do you?

Feminism leads to unfair convictions? :lolwut: Firstly, that certainly isn't part of my daily life, and secondly I really don't think that's a reasonable statement. How does feminism lead to wrong convictions?

It just seems like you guys are clutching at straws by holding onto a very small proportion of feminists who are 'radical'. It doesn't seem all that sound to me. How many radical feminists do you know?

For me, personally, 'radical' is anyone who ignores the science and asserts that men and women are the same but for social conditioning.

Unfortunately, a lot of self-described feminists fall into this category.

The repercussions of this inaccurate belief is the tendency to look at outcomes rather than processes when measuring 'sexism' or 'social equity'. A typical feminist refrain will be to point at the low % of women who are MPs, thereby implying that society must be misogynistic/patriarchal. Even if moderate feminists don't agree with affirmative action and quotas, the tendency to measure by this yardstick - without taking into account the fundamental question of just how many women, given a totally unbiased society, would even want to be MPs (relative to the number of men who would want the same) - leads to ugly outcomes. Like David Cameron's recent appointments of quite a few second-rate, inexperienced politicans simply because they have a vagina. Or the same with Juncker trying to override EU member states nominees for the Commission simply to meet a target number of women (at least 1 more than his predecessor is the goal). Or Labour mandating quotas for women on their MP shortlist.

True equity feminists would be protest the above as much as they would quotas for men. But how many feminist organisations do you see condemning Cameron/Juncker/Milliband for the above? If you judge by their actions, it's clear that modern day feminist organisations are entirely one-sided and radical. Notwithstanding that fact, I still define myself as a classical, equity feminist in the sense that I think men and women should have absolutely equal opportunities in life - and I would prefer to fight hypocrisy on both sides of that. It's a shame that so few feminists stand up for the same.
Reply 48
Original post by ClickItBack
For me, personally, 'radical' is anyone who ignores the science and asserts that men and women are the same but for social conditioning.

The repercussions of this inaccurate belief is the tendency to look at outcomes rather than processes when measuring 'sexism' or 'social equity'. A typical feminist refrain will be to point at the low % of women who are MPs, thereby implying that society must be misogynistic/patriarchal. Even if moderate feminists don't agree with affirmative action and quotas, the tendency to measure by this yardstick - without taking into account the fundamental question of just how many women, given a totally unbiased society, would even want to be MPs (relative to the number of men who would want the same) - leads to ugly outcomes. Like David Cameron's recent appointments of quite a few second-rate, inexperienced politicans simply because they have a vagina. Or the same with Juncker trying to override EU member states nominees for the Commission simply to meet a target number of women (at least 1 more than his predecessor is the goal). Or Labour mandating quotas for women on their MP shortlist.

True equity feminists would be protest the above as much as they would quotas for men. But how many feminist organisations do you see condemning Cameron/Juncker/Milliband for the above? If you judge by their actions, it's clear that modern day feminist organisations are entirely one-sided and radical. Notwithstanding that fact, I still define myself as a classical, equity feminist in the sense that I think men and women should have absolutely equal opportunities in life - and I would prefer to fight hypocrisy on both sides of that. It's a shame that so few feminists stand up for the same.

This also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plusC
They are serious obviously though I don't take their views as the majority.

Well I'm saying unfair convictions like false rape convictions, some of which rad fems (part of feminism) advocate and general feminists ignoring the innocent until proven guilty statement. Feminism also leads to an over focus on one particular gender and practically neglects the majority of issues impacting the other gender.

I know quite a few, I tried to call them out on their bs and instead they proceeded to throw harsh generalisations at me, including things that said I had a 'white privilege' and that sexism does not happen to males, I grew up around some of these women who now hold such radical views. Believing ''rape culture, e.g. Blurred Lines'' as the main cause of rape? These feminists somehow think they know what goes on in our brains and dumbs us down all to beings who are influenced to commit such awful crimes based on a music video, please leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must be fortunate never to encounter such people then!

And there's a hell of a lot of generalisations there I'm afraid, to suggest that general feminism advocates guilty until proven innocent is a bit unjustified. And I definitely don't think that mindset is confined to feminism.

Anyway, it's nearly half past 1, and we've all covered this ground before, over and over. I can't be bothered anymore.
You say that but its actually happened to me

Then if it's instilled a fear of going out alone at night into you, I still think counselling may be a good option :smile:
Then if it's instilled a fear of going out alone at night into you, I still think counselling may be a good option :smile:

What? No I meant its actually happened that I've been out alone and been scared of it. Radical feminists have damaged me
Reply 52
I must be fortunate never to encounter such people then!

And there's a hell of a lot of generalisations there I'm afraid, to suggest that general feminism advocates guilty until proven innocent is a bit unjustified. And I definitely don't think that mindset is confined to feminism.

Anyway, it's nearly half past 1, and we've all covered this ground before, over and over. I can't be bothered anymore.

Well rape accusations of any sort assume a form of guilt right away based off anecdotes. Also the equal pay argument is brought up by a worryingly huge amount of feminists, I would consider denying the facts and claiming pay is unequal is of a radical mindset, radicals tend to ignore facts.

Fair enough, it's not like there haven't been countless harsh generalisations about anti fems either

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't talk to girls much. It would be great if they liked me. My life is so sad. I'mm gonna go back n dwell in my basement.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Most anti-feminists are just sad because they can't get any. That's why they like to oppress women. Obviously most male TSR users are sexually frustrated virgins. They're losers with opinions that nobody cares about in real life...

-calls people "sexually frustrated virgins"
-has a pokemon as profile picture

A WHITE KNIGHT appeared!
Tsr users are ****ers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't serious brah

That's why I said 'poor sense of humour' pal.

( Sorry )
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pickup
That's why I said 'poor sense of humour' pal.

Wasn't trying to be funny either
Original post by ClickItBack

Firstly, the loudest of any social group will always be it's most radical/ extreme members. You see it all the time with the media and its representation of Muslims. And because the extreme members are the loudest, they are often the first and easiest to come to mind, and so we tend to overestimate their number. It's a natural bias.

I agree that a fair few 'self-described' feminists are extreme. But by saying 'self-described' you yourself are only considering a portion of feminists there really. You're doing your own filtering there, considering the ones who really consider feminism as part of their self-identity, and naturally they are more likely to have more extreme values. As has been covered on here before, a lot of women go by the definition of feminism, but they just don't identify strongly as feminists. I'd say a very small proportion of those women hold values that would classify as radical.

I completely disagree with your second paragraph, and I'm not going to waste my time going over this with you again, because we have both covered this ground before, at least three times. You have your views, and I have mine. You think that a significantly higher proportion of females not wanting to be MPs compared to males is sufficient to justify the lack of female MPs. But you're just completely disregarding the reasons why less women want to be MPs, you can't ignore the influence of gender roles and expectations in that.
(edited 9 years ago)
What? No I meant its actually happened that I've been out alone and been scared of it. Radical feminists have damaged me

Yeah, and now you're too afraid to go outside at night? That's no way to live, and so you should get help to move on.

Quick Reply

Latest