The Student Room Group

Guy (25) going out with a divorced single mother (19)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Novascope
I just had to check his profile out... It says he's in middle school... I'm from the UK so I'm guessing he must be aged between 11-13? No wonder he's an idiot. The poor kid hasn't been educated correctly.

Sadly I'm 99% sure OP is 20 something
The school on his profile is from some TV show called The Wire
Original post by MidnightDream
Sadly I'm 99% sure OP is 20 something
The school on his profile is from some TV show called The Wire

Oh right. But the way he thinks doesn't suit a 20 something year old haha. He asks for people's opinion, yet tries to tell us how we're wrong?
Reply 62
Original post by donutaud15
"Having lived with different people at different points in time, every single time"

" When I'm living with a woman, I literally find myself trying to stay out for"

He posted this a few hours back in another thread regarding marriage so I was assuming he was older. Then again he could just be a bored troll. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL

I don't usually do this, but I feel like I should defend myself.

I'm not a troll. My profile is supposed to be a joke. My username is a character from a popular TV series...this character attends a middle school in the US and he works as an enforcer for a drugs gang, lol. I'm not an 11 year old schoolkid LOL.

Moral of the story: don't take people's profiles too seriously.

I'm not trolling. This is a serious thread. Normally I don't care, but I feel like I should point that out here.
Original post by Stinkum
This thread isn't really helpful now at all. You people don't seem to grasp the dire implications here. All I'm hearing is "oh okay, they're in love, let them be, it's none of your business". If the same thing was happening to you, trust me you would be singing a whole different tune.

You asked us a question and we answered just because they aren't the responses you wanted to hear doesn't make them less helpful and fyi I wouldn't be singing another tune both my uncle and my cousin are in interracial marriages and everything is fab and the kid thing doesn't bother me one bit
Reply 64
Original post by matthewduncan
Dating and marriage are two different things jackass

Ooh he said jackass :rolleyes: You are the one who said marriages don't work. Because of clashes. Well they got married obviously because they were dating and already hurdled the culture barriers. And the way people date these days I hardly think they're different, gumnuts.
Original post by Stinkum
It's my fault, I haven't been very clear. I fear she may be using him. She doesn't care about how this will affect him, his life and his relationship with his family. It will ruin his relationship with his father and completely destroy him. He's not using his brain, I think he's so excited and happy that someone has shown in interest in him. Unfortunately, instead of his brain, he's letting another body part do the thinking.

When people form relationships, they should consider the wider implications and consequences. It's selfish not to. They must consider how it will affect both of their families. And he just seems to be happy to continue this secret relationship (but obviously I know, it's so blatant, ever since I talked to her I knew straight away there was something going on between them).

No families have absolutely **** all to do with relationships formed. They don't like it? They can **** off. It's actually very simple. Don't get why people such as yourself have to stick your nose in other people's personal lives. Would you be spending your life sleeping in between this couple? Don't you have a life of your own?

Nah interracial marriages dont last because cultures clash my dear. Not because people trouble them.
Most people dont care who you marry.
And im not demonising her Im just saying why settle for less when you can have better?
Dont know why any self respecting 25 year old would date a girl thats a single teen mum.

Interracial marriages do last. It's up to the couple to make it last.

Original post by Stinkum
This thread isn't really helpful now at all. You people don't seem to grasp the dire implications here. All I'm hearing is "oh okay, they're in love, let them be, it's none of your business". If the same thing was happening to you, trust me you would be singing a whole different tune.

I've seen it happened. Hell I'm in an interracial marriage myself. I still say you're interfering. The same thing I told the other idiots irl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Novascope
Oh right. But the way he thinks doesn't suit a 20 something year old haha. He asks for people's opinion, yet tries to tell us how we're wrong?

He doesn't does he? Pretty sure he just created this thread because he thought we'd all agree with him on this awful interracial relationship with a possibly illegitimate child involved and now he's disappointed :laugh:
Reply 67
Original post by MidnightDream
You asked us a question and we answered just because they aren't the responses you wanted to hear doesn't make them less helpful and fyi I wouldn't be singing another tune both my uncle and my cousin are in interracial marriages and everything is fab and the kid thing doesn't bother me one bit

I'm sorry for you. I've also experience this tragedy previously, involving a different person who chose to have an interracial relationship and took it as far as marriage and having a child. Disaster struck then, and I fear it may strike again now a second time.
Original post by ApeMob
Ooh he said jackass :rolleyes: You are the one who said marriages don't work. Because of clashes. Well they got married obviously because they were dating and already hurdled the culture barriers. And the way people date these days I hardly think they're different, gumnuts.

yes but they are divorced now its too early in the morning for this.
As i said marriage and dating are two totally different things.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stinkum
I'm sorry for you. I've also experience this tragedy previously, involving a different person who chose to have an interracial relationship and took it as far as marriage and having a child. Disaster struck then, and I fear it may strike again now a second time.

You feel sorry for me? Are you messing with me right now? I feel sorry for you

Just because you've had bad experiences with interracial relationships doesn't mean we all have or will :unimpressed: grow up and accept the fact that you may be wrong
Reply 70
Original post by Jooooshy
Why should people of different races not have children together?

Because they will be mixed race. They won't definitively be one race or another. They'll be different to both parents. They will grow up to become alienated from both cultures/races. It's a very serious problem, on so many levels.
Reply 71
yes but they are divorced now you idiot sheeit its too early in the morning for this.
As i said marriage and dating are two totally different things.

They who, popsickle stick? You made a general ass statement about interracial marriages.
No families have absolutely **** all to do with relationships formed. They don't like it? They can **** off. It's actually very simple. Don't get why people such as yourself have to stick your nose in other people's personal lives. Would you be spending your life sleeping in between this couple? Don't you have a life of your own?

I've seen it happened. Hell I'm in an interracial marriage myself. I still say you're an interfering douche. The same thing I told the other idiots irl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can last dont get me wrong but for the most part from what ive seen anyway they dont last.
Always seem to end in divorce
Original post by Stinkum
Because they will be mixed race. They won't definitively be one race or another. They'll be different to both parents. They will grow up to become alienated from both cultures/races. It's a very serious problem, on so many levels.

Really? Alienating somebody because they are not the same race as you? I agree, this is a very serious problem: racism.
Reply 74

I've seen it happened. Hell I'm in an interracial marriage myself. I still say you're an interfering douche. The same thing I told the other idiots irl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He doesn't have the right to make a decision without consulting his family first and gaining their approval. We're not talking about buying a car or picking a university here. This sort of thing has long term implications. I can't allow such an interracial relationship to continue to fester. Needs to be addressed and dealt with if I have any hope of preventing another crisis. Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe it's never going to become a long term issue.
Original post by ApeMob
They who, popsickle stick? You made a general ass statement about interracial marriages.

How is it a general ass statement.
Just do research yourself. Go on google.
Initially i was basing this on my own knowledge but now ive just googled it it confirms it
They have the highest divorce rate lol
divorced with a kid at 19

lmao
Reply 77
Original post by Jooooshy
Really? Alienating somebody because they are not the same race as you? I agree, this is a very serious problem: racism.

You've misunderstood my point. The child will have an identity crisis. They're neither here not there, if that makes sense. It has nothing to do with one race being superior/different to another. Just that it's unfair to put a child through that, it must be prevented in the first instance. That child will grow and have to live through his entire life hanging his head in shame. Totally unfair.
Original post by Stinkum
He doesn't have the right to make a decision without consulting his family first and gaining their approval. We're not talking about buying a car or picking a university here. This sort of thing has long term implications. I can't allow such an interracial relationship to continue to fester. Needs to be addressed and dealt with if I have any hope of preventing another crisis. Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe it's never going to become a long term issue.

Yes he does. It's called human right. He's not a slave who has to ask permission from his masters.

Oh you can't allow it? I strongly suspect that if the person gives a crap about your little opinion then you won't be on TSR asking for opinions. Rather you would be telling him, no I think the better word would be ordering, to end this relationship. Then again you probably already have and have been told to shove your opinion where the sun don't shine. Hence this thread seeking validation.

Anyway I've run out of patience for archaic bigots. Don't bother replying me, I don't understand idiocy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stinkum
she has a child from another man
she's a different race to the guy
completely different cultural backgrounds
and they shouldn't really be in a relationship

In what way is this your decision to make? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending