The Student Room Group

Student Finance England Declaration form? :(

I logged into my account and viewed correspondence but it says the medium is "post" so I can't print it off. I may have sent it off a few months back, is this why it doesn't let me print off the form on the website?

I'm panicking now guys, I though I had everything sorted for university at the end of the week and now this declaration form comes up! :frown:

P.S. I have got feedback from Student Finance regarding my loans and it has all been agreed to be paid, but I'm not sure now without the form!
Reply 1
The declaration form is only to give you the terms of the loan that they're giving to you / the university for you.
It can be agreed to be payed, but they won't unless your status is "Payments Scheduled" which requires signing the declaration form. When they receive the form, the payments will be scheduled and you'll have everything ready for university, financially.

Did a declaration form come with your notice of entitlement documents?
Original post by Exodecai
The declaration form is only to give you the terms of the loan that they're giving to you / the university for you.
It can be agreed to be payed, but they won't unless your status is "Payments Scheduled" which requires signing the declaration form. When they receive the form, the payments will be scheduled and you'll have everything ready for university, financially.

Did a declaration form come with your notice of entitlement documents?

No, I didn't receive a declaration form, it just told me all my scheduled payments. I did apply by post and not online, if that changes anything?
It also says there's nothing on my to-do list, does that mean I have sent the letter?
I have honestly sent so many letters off for different things over the past few months, I have lost track :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by thatguy170296
No, I didn't receive a declaration form, it just told me all my scheduled payments. I did apply by post and not online, if that changes anything?
It also says there's nothing on my to-do list, does that mean I have sent the letter?
I have honestly sent so many letters off for different things over the past few months, I have lost track :frown:

If there's nothing on the to-do list then chances are they've received a declaration form regarding your application and you're fine.
Your status should be "Payments Scheduled" too.

However, you should probably ring up SLC tommorow just in case. They'll be able to tell you exactly what they've received.
(edited 9 years ago)
If there's nothing on the to-do list then chances are they've received a declaration form regarding your application and you're fine.
Your status should be "Payments Scheduled" too.

Ok, thanks it does say payment scheduled with a green status next to it. I've just been too laid back with this stuff so I panicked when it came up.
Reply 5
Ok, thanks it does say payment scheduled with a green status next to it. I've just been too laid back with this stuff so I panicked when it came up.

It sounds like your safe :smile:
Maybe read this.

Original post by shaunlewis
With regards to your declaration letter, you should have on your online account a box that reads either "Thank you, we have received and processed your declaration", or "Please print and return the declaration form to the following address.."

If it's the latter, return the one you have, otherwise you don't need to worry.
It sounds like your safe :smile:
Maybe read this.

Mine doesn't say either of them things. I applied offline by the way, sending off about 50 pages of paperwork. Is it only for people who apply online?
Problem Solved :smile: (I re-checked the forms I applied with and the student declaration was included)
Reply 8
Glad that's sorted ^^

In case other people in the future find this thread;

Mine doesn't say either of them things. I applied offline by the way, sending off about 50 pages of paperwork. Is it only for people who apply online?

Yeah, this is for applications done online :smile:
I am unsure of whether i have sent off my declaration form. My status is approved for the tuition loans and the later two student loans, however the first student loan is status: scheduled. Is there a way for me to download a declaration form and sign it before sending it off or do I need to contact student finance direct?
Guys I applied by post too. Sent all the documents they needed together with the declaration, signed and dated as required. Now I received a confirmation with all the dates that the instalments will be paid to the university. I also received an envelope and a return address. And I don't know what I should put in it since I've already given them the declaration in the first place. Or is there another declaration form that I should sign? :biggrin: Can anyone help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending