The Student Room Group

Evidence of work placement

I applied for my student finance a few days ago, and on my account it says I need proof of work placement. My 3rd year will be work placement abroad but how can I provide confirmation of this if I haven’t yet started my course?

Would be very grateful if anyone could help :smile:
Original post by kmc98
I applied for my student finance a few days ago, and on my account it says I need proof of work placement. My 3rd year will be work placement abroad but how can I provide confirmation of this if I haven’t yet started my course?

Hi there,

We would require a letter from the university to confirm the details of your placement i.e. where it is, how long for, paid or unpaid etc.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

We would require a letter from the university to confirm the details of your placement i.e. where it is, how long for, paid or unpaid etc.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi there I’m currently applying and I’m confused because I’m starting my first year and haven’t discussed with the university where exactly I’ll be doing my placement in the third year. So how do I go about proving I’ll be on placement for my SFE application?
Original post by Ilynah
Hi there I’m currently applying and I’m confused because I’m starting my first year and haven’t discussed with the university where exactly I’ll be doing my placement in the third year. So how do I go about proving I’ll be on placement for my SFE application?

Hi there, If you are entering the first year we should not be asking for evidence of the 3rd year of the course, so we can look into this further please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Hi there, I realised that I made a mistake whilst applying, I accidentally chose the placement option for the third term of the first academic year. I fixed it earlier on this morning as the student finance service was undergoing maintenance.

Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, If you are entering the first year we should not be asking for evidence of the 3rd year of the course, so we can look into this further please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Ilynah
Hi there, I realised that I made a mistake whilst applying, I accidentally chose the placement option for the third term of the first academic year. I fixed it earlier on this morning as the student finance service was undergoing maintenance.

Hi there, That's great news. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, That's great news. Thanks, Angela
My I don’t find out if I made placement or not until the new term starts as it is a limited number placement however it’s open to everybody for apply too. If I don’t have any evidence as I don’t know yet how can I provide it to SFE?
Original post by Dazedfish
My I don’t find out if I made placement or not until the new term starts as it is a limited number placement however it’s open to everybody for apply too. If I don’t have any evidence as I don’t know yet how can I provide it to SFE?

Hi there, what year of the course are you entering? What year of the course is your placement year? Thanks, Karen
Reply 8
Original post by Ilynah

Hi, I made the same mistake as you. How did you fix it? It's not letting me change it.
Original post by athenaklad
Hi, I made the same mistake as you. How did you fix it? It's not letting me change it.

Hi there,

You can change this online in your account under change my application and course details.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 10
Hi there,

You can change this online in your account under change my application and course details.

Thanks,
Claire

Unfortunately, I was not able to change it as I already submitted my application so I had to fill out a form and upload it up on my account.

Thank you though.
Original post by kmc98

Hi there, A letter from your university would be acceptable. Thanks, Angela
Reply 12
Original post by athenaklad
Unfortunately, I was not able to change it as I already submitted my application so I had to fill out a form and upload it up on my account.

Thank you though.

Hey there, I am having the same issue as you , where abouts did you find the form?
Thanks
Original post by Solarade
Hey there, I am having the same issue as you , where abouts did you find the form?
Thanks

Hi there, If you need to make changes to your application you can find out how to do this here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/student-finance-england-how-to-guide

Thanks, Karen
Reply 14
hi where do you go to upload the form it is only telling me to send it to a PO Box
Original post by sk22_
hi where do you go to upload the form it is only telling me to send it to a PO Box

Hi there, If you have the upload option available it will show on your online account in the 'to do list' section. If no option is showing please return the form to the address on the form. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Ilynah

Hi, I am also applying for my first year and I will be doing placement. Do you know what order I need to put my placement info in? Like is it first term university, second term placement and third term university? I am doing nursing and I have no clue what I am doing for each term
Original post by madihaimran
Hi, I am also applying for my first year and I will be doing placement. Do you know what order I need to put my placement info in? Like is it first term university, second term placement and third term university? I am doing nursing and I have no clue what I am doing for each term

Hi madihaimran,

Nursing is made of placements so you don't need to declare this as we know this already. You would specific at university on your application for each term.

Thanks,
Claire
Hi madihaimran,

Nursing is made of placements so you don't need to declare this as we know this already. You would specific at university on your application for each term.

Thanks,
Claire

I am doing a veterinary nursing course and am required to do a placement for the first term, I have submitted my student finance application but I can't provide confirmation of my placement as I do not know where I will be going for my placement, will this disrupt the processing of my application?
Original post by kmc98

Hi there,

This won't disrupt your application, don't worry. You'll still be approved for funding, normally within 4-6 weeks, and you can provide us with information on your placements later.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by username6252513
I am doing a veterinary nursing course and am required to do a placement for the first term, I have submitted my student finance application but I can't provide confirmation of my placement as I do not know where I will be going for my placement, will this disrupt the processing of my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending