The Student Room Group

I got my driving test next Monday 8:10 in the morning!!! any tips???

i am very confident i mostly practice on my parents car and also with an instructor. This is my first ever practical test!!!
any help would be great!!! I'm worried about the early rush hour time (8:10AM) and I think it's easy to fail because of other road users... (people dropping their kids to school, going to work and what not!
(edited 9 years ago)
Patience. Be patient and take your time. No need to rush, do not take unnecessary risks. Even if you think "Ah, I could've gone then", it's better to demonstrate to the examiner that you are aware of any potential hazards & can respond accordingly.

It's only 40 minutes, less than a normal driving lesson. Keep calm, focus and just drive. Oh, and keep your eyes in those mirrors all the time. A lot of minors come from not checking the mirrors. Good Luck!
Reply 2
Keep things safe and boring nothing interesting

be confident

examiners are human and most of them are nice

chat to them it might relax you
Original post by Maheshgc
i am very confident i mostly practice on my parents car and also with an instructor. This is my first ever practical test!!!
any help would be great!!! I'm worried about the early rush hour time (8:10AM) and I think it's easy to fail because of other road users... (people dropping their kids to school, going to work and what not!

So did u pass?
Reply 4
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
So did u pass?

Yes passed first time with 6 minors :smile:
Be calm and don't shake your hands whilst driving. Concentrate and be chilled out. Don't drink too much water before the test otherwise you will need a really bad piss. Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by KittyRe-play
Be calm and don't shake your hands whilst driving. Concentrate and be chilled out. Don't drink too much water before the test otherwise you will need a really bad piss. Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks i passed i found it easy.
Thanks i passed i found it easy.

Oh you passed??? Congratulations! :hugs:
That's great so what car are you planning on getting?
Reply 8
Original post by KittyRe-play
Oh you passed??? Congratulations! :hugs:
That's great so what car are you planning on getting?

Probably a Volkswagen golf 1.4-1.6,
But currently driving my dads old 2005 Citroen c3 to sort out my hand :smile:
Probably a Volkswagen golf 1.4-1.6,
But currently driving my dads old 2005 Citroen c3 to sort out my hand :smile:

Cool stuff. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending