The Student Room Group

Lonely in Tübingen

Hi guys,

I've just moved to Tübingen, Germany and was wondering if there was anyone nearby who I could meet up with? There's only one other person in my flat at the moment and he's busy studying so I'm pretty bored and lonely.

Let me know if you live nearby :smile:
Reply 1
Are you from the UK and studying in Germany? Full-time or Erasmus?

As a German studying in Scotland (and obviously having many friends studying all over Germany) I can assure you that you will have no problems finding friends and getting to know people in Germany. Most young people love to talk to foreigners and are very welcoming in general. Just talk to people in lectures and tutorials, maybe join a sports club (Germans are crazy about sports, football in particular) and generally try to get involved.
Original post by blackpearl23456
Hi guys,

I've just moved to Tübingen, Germany and was wondering if there was anyone nearby who I could meet up with? There's only one other person in my flat at the moment and he's busy studying so I'm pretty bored and lonely.

Let me know if you live nearby :smile:

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. I hope you've made friends since? I'm from the UK and thinking about teaching English (as a foreign language) part-time at a school in Tübingen next academic year, although I'm guessing you will have left by then? I may also combine it with studying at the university in Tübingen. I hope you've settled in okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending