The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Interview for Manchester Met :biggrin: They rejected me a week ago because I forgot to include GCSE results... if you haven't applied yet don't forget these... apparently important for everyone inc. mature students!
If you get rejected definitely email for feedback asking why, all I had to do was send my results and they reconsidered :smile:
I've had 4 interviews and my track hasn't updated at all.. Is this the same case for everyone else? :smile:
I've applied for DMU and BCU, but not had an interview yet, really worried :frown:
Hey all! How's it all going?

I understand what you're all going through, and am now at BCU studying SaLT. How is everyone doing with interviews etc.? :smile:
Original post by jisici
I liked BCU partly because they said 60% of their SLT students are mature! Just wish the accommodation was nicer.. but its so close D:

It depends which accomodation - there are some that have en-suite and are really modern, and of course they are more expensive.

I'm in City South, so it's shared bathroom etc. I thought I would hate it so much, but with this course, you're in 9am-5pm a lot of days, so I prefer being closer and having a lie in :biggrin:
Original post by eskimok1
I've had 4 interviews and my track hasn't updated at all.. Is this the same case for everyone else? :smile:

I have 3 interviews and only an update on track for 1 uni. Last year most unis didn't update track until they have made their final decision. Its a little irritating but at least we have interviews hehe

Original post by lauren251
I've applied for DMU and BCU, but not had an interview yet, really worried :frown:

I wouldn't worry, I mentioned earlier that DMU also have another interview session in January so they will hand out invites for that soon I'm sure :smile:
Original post by saraw26
Hey all! How's it all going?

I understand what you're all going through, and am now at BCU studying SaLT. How is everyone doing with interviews etc.? :smile:

Hi :smile: How are you finding the course? I have an interview at BCU, can you remember how your interview day went? Does it involve a tour then a written interview?

Sorry for all the questions!
Original post by sophie20
Hi :smile: How are you finding the course? I have an interview at BCU, can you remember how your interview day went? Does it involve a tour then a written interview?

Sorry for all the questions!

I'm loving it! It's busy and face paced, but that means I don't get bored :smile: Yeah, there was a tour and a written interview - they made me feel very comfortable at the interview :biggrin:
Hi guys! Aw I'm so happy for everyone getting their interviews in it's so nice to hear:smile: I just wondered if anyone could remember from any open days like how many people from the applicants get interviews and how many from the interviews get places? Congrats again to everyone!!
Original post by Dancer32014
Hi guys! Aw I'm so happy for everyone getting their interviews in it's so nice to hear:smile: I just wondered if anyone could remember from any open days like how many people from the applicants get interviews and how many from the interviews get places? Congrats again to everyone!!

For which uni? Generally it's around 1/10 applicants get an offer :smile:
Original post by saraw26
For which uni? Generally it's around 1/10 applicants get an offer :smile:

Yeah I just wondered generally I knew it was about that, thanks :smile:
Hi everyone,
I'm relatively new to the student room but I'm glad I found this thread! I'm applying to do SLT too for next year :smile:
I have applied to BCU (interview on Monday aah!), Marjon (20/1 interview aah!), Reading, Cardiff and DeMontfort.
Anyone else going to the interview on Mon at BCU? I am TERRIFIED.
Original post by shawadagun
Hi everyone,
I'm relatively new to the student room but I'm glad I found this thread! I'm applying to do SLT too for next year :smile:
I have applied to BCU (interview on Monday aah!), Marjon (20/1 interview aah!), Reading, Cardiff and DeMontfort.

Congrats on your interviews :smile:

For interviews, there isn't really much you can do for them. I would suggest rereading your personal statement, reflecting on your experiences and just thinking about the role of an SLT. I hope it goes well :biggrin:
Original post by shawadagun
Hi everyone,

I'll be there, and I know that there are a few others on this thread who'll be there too! :smile: I'm really nervous as well - mainly for the written interview part. But the lecturers seemed nice and really helpful when I went up for the open day, so I hope it won't be too bad! :smile:
Reply 414
Does anyone know for the uni of Manchester when you respond to the interview to say you can go ,do you email the person back who offered it you as it isnt on track?
Reply 415
Original post by saraw26
It depends which accomodation - there are some that have en-suite and are really modern, and of course they are more expensive.

I'm in City South, so it's shared bathroom etc. I thought I would hate it so much, but with this course, you're in 9am-5pm a lot of days, so I prefer being closer and having a lie in :biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying the course so much :biggrin:
oh its all getting exciting in here - good luck to everyone with interviews coming up
Original post by h_lumb1
Does anyone know for the uni of Manchester when you respond to the interview to say you can go ,do you email the person back who offered it you as it isnt on track?

Yes I just clicked reply and it was sent to Kate Evans. Best just to apply and say thank you and that you will be attending :smile: what date is yours?
Quick question, does applying later reduce your chances of getting an offer?

I've completed my personal statement and uploaded on UCAS etc, and my referee already put on the reference. However, it might be while before my application is approved by my referee's boss. And since I go to a pretty big college I assume it would be a while before it is approved.

So am I doomed?
Reply 419
Original post by nesca89
There's another interview session for 21st January so you might be in that one, everyone who has heard so far is in the December one :smile: x

You were right, I emailed admissions and they offered me an interview for the 21st January :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest