The Student Room Group

Weird stalker guy touching me at school

So I joined this school last year. Ever since I joined, this guy keeps touching my hands, hair, saying how much he likes it, and how much he loves me etc. ...

I have never met him outside of school, and we've never even talked properly. This has been going on for a year now...

What should I do?

I have also seen him follow me home a few times.
Original post by Anonymous
So I joined this school last year. Ever since I joined, this guy keeps touching my hands, hair, saying how much he likes it, and how much he loves me etc. ...

I have never met him outside of school, and we've never even talked properly. This has been going on for a year now...

What should I do?

I have also seen him follow me home a few times.

Tell your parents

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assuming it is not a joke: tell your parents AND your teachers. Get off the internet and go tell your parents!
Have you spoken to him about it? Would you feel comfortable doing so? Does he have friends you can ask to talk to him about it? Does he have learning difficulties or social problems?

That is really weird, and you should be very careful. However - assuming he's another student - it's possible he just has no social skills, or thinks it's a joke, in which case you don't want to ruin his life. I guess you could try to have a conversation in the presence of an understanding teacher.

But do speak to someone, and do it asap. He's kept it up for a year - it won't go away by itself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Octohedral
Have you spoken to him about it? Would you feel comfortable doing so? Does he have friends you can ask to talk to him about it? Does he have learning difficulties or social problems?

That is really weird, and you should be very careful. However - assuming he's another student - it's possible he just has no social skills, or thinks it's a joke, in which case you don't want to ruin his life. I guess you could try to have a conversation in the presence of an understanding teacher.

But do speak to someone, and do it asap. He's kept it up for a year - it won't go away by itself.

If he's not another student, tell your teachers and parents immediately.

It is another student. Who else could it be? I would have told someone if it was a teacher...

This is not a joke. This is quite an empty class, and the teacher is always out talking to other teachers. He usually sits on his own, and doesn't talk to anyone. When he does this, I am just quietly sitting there looking at my friends who don't say anything.
Original post by Anonymous
It is another student. Who else could it be? I would have told someone if it was a teacher...

This is not a joke. This is quite an empty class, and the teacher is always out talking to other teachers. He usually sits on his own, and doesn't talk to anyone. When he does this, I am just quietly sitting there looking at my friends who don't say anything.

In that case, I don't totally agree with everyone saying 'tell the authorities immediately' (though you should if he persists after being given clear warning).

I'm surprised none of you or your friends have tried to talk to him already. It sounds like he's socially dysfunctional somehow - he might not understand you don't like it from your body language.

Obviously don't do it if you're uncomfortable - you don't owe him anything - but reporting him without speaking to him could do more harm than good.
Reply 7

You're right. Both threads are authored by the same person. And I think that I have fallen for this guy...honestly. I just wanted to see what people thought from 2 different perspectives.
Reply 8
Original post by Octohedral
In that case, I don't totally agree with everyone saying 'tell the authorities immediately' (though you should if he persists after being given clear warning).

I'm surprised none of you or your friends have tried to talk to him already. It sounds like he's socially dysfunctional somehow - he might not understand you don't like it from your body language.

Obviously don't do it if you're uncomfortable - you don't owe him anything - but reporting him without speaking to him could do more harm than good.

Even better...I will ask him out on Monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending