The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl?

I have a female friend. We talk all the time. I think we have had contact every single day since the past 3 months. Every day, one of us will initiate some sort of contact, usually whatsapp, and we'll talk. Sometimes for hours, sometime just for a short while.

Anyway, yesterday nobody made any contact. I didn't message her and she didn't message me. And I feel really uncomfortable. I wanted to talk to her but I was hoping she would message me first. But she hasn't yet. I don't want to be clingy, but I feel I am attached to her. The fact that I have feelings for her doesn't help. She has a bf.

What should I do? I can't stop thinking about her. I want to message her but I am stopping myself. Please help :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
It may only be because she was busy doing stuff - after all, it was Christmas eve.:smile:
Reply 2
1) Don't over think things
2) Tell her directly when you feel you need to tell her something.
3) Be honest
She has a bf?

Lol you were in the Friendzone from day 1. She only sees you as a friend
stop overthinking, maybe shes busy or maybe she feels the same as you
Original post by crozibear96
It may only be because she was busy doing stuff - after all, it was Christmas eve.:smile:

She doesn't celebrate Christmas so I don't think she was busy at all. And she was on whatsapp pretty much throughout the day. :/
Original post by bittr n swt
She has a bf?

Lol you were in the Friendzone from day 1. She only sees you as a friend

I know..
Original post by perfezione
stop overthinking, maybe shes busy or maybe she feels the same as you

Ok, I don't think she is busy. I want to talk to her. I don't know what to do..

First time in over 3 months we haven't spoken for a day. It feels really weird and I miss her
Original post by nicatre
1) Don't over think things
2) Tell her directly when you feel you need to tell her something.
3) Be honest

Yh I have a tendency to over think things regarding her :/
I miss her. But I want her to message me. I'm waiting for her.
Original post by believeteam22
Ok, I don't think she is busy. I want to talk to her. I don't know what to do..

First time in over 3 months we haven't spoken for a day. It feels really weird and I miss her

So message her and tell her that ! iknow how you feel but in that position iv just texted the person first
Yh I have a tendency to over think things regarding her :/
I miss her. But I want her to message me. I'm waiting for her.

Just be direct and tell her how you feel :smile:
Original post by perfezione
So message her and tell her that ! iknow how you feel but in that position iv just texted the person first

I am thinking of doing that now. I know I care more than she does and I always expect too much which is why I always end up sad and disappointed :/
Guy no no no it's like every one of your posts is about this girl! Yes you do seem clingy and over attached if I were her I'd air you too! My advice would be to leave her for a bit, it may be hard to do but try your hardest. If she feels anything for you in the slightest she will message you at some point. You're deep in the friendzone and she's aware of this. She's probably also aware that you have feelings for her and she is or she will mess you about. Grow a pair and man up, swerve that bish!
Original post by MissLalaxx
Guy no no no it's like every one of your posts is about this girl! Yes you do seem clingy and over attached if I were her I'd air you too! My advice would be to leave her for a bit, it may be hard to do but try your hardest. If she feels anything for you in the slightest she will message you at some point. You're deep in the friendzone and she's aware of this. She's probably also aware that you have feelings for her and she is or she will mess you about. Grow a pair and man up, swerve that bish!

Yh, they are :/
But she is my friend, do you think she would do that?
Are you sure that she initiates the conversation too ?

And mate one day in three months she doesn't talk to you, your life isn't over. What you're going to end up doing is dedicate your entire time with her and the fact is she has a bf so I'd steer away from that. You're the only one who's going to be disappointed
Reply 15
I have a female friend. We talk all the time. I think we have had contact every single day since the past 3 months. Every day, one of us will initiate some sort of contact, usually whatsapp, and we'll talk. Sometimes for hours, sometime just for a short while.

Anyway, yesterday nobody made any contact. I didn't message her and she didn't message me. And I feel really uncomfortable. I wanted to talk to her but I was hoping she would message me first. But she hasn't yet. I don't want to be clingy, but I feel I am attached to her. The fact that I have feelings for her doesn't help. She has a bf.

What should I do? I can't stop thinking about her. I want to message her but I am stopping myself. Please help :frown:

I couldn't continue reading after "She has a bf." Respect the guy's relationship.. It isn't right for you to try anything at all, unless she's leading you on and such. But from what you've described, she's treating you like a good male-friend, which is the maximum this relationship will stay at. I suggest you just continue being friends, and if that makes it worse, cut contact and go speak to other females. I was in a similar situation like you, so I just decided to cut off contact and speak to other people instead.
Yh, they are :/
But she is my friend, do you think she would do that?

YES! Some girls do it to boost their confidence. Serious thirst trapping going on!
Leave her alone creep. She needs her bf time during Christmas
Original post by Stickman
Are you sure that she initiates the conversation too ?

And mate one day in three months she doesn't talk to you, your life isn't over. What you're going to end up doing is dedicate your entire time with her and the fact is she has a bf so I'd steer away from that. You're the only one who's going to be disappointed

Yes, she does. That's true, maybe I am just so used to talking to her all the time that it felt a bit weird. Again you're right, I am dedicating all my time to her even though she has a bf and I need to stop doing that because I will just get hurt.

So how do you suggest I go from here? We are good friends, always together in uni, always talk, etc.
Yes, she does. That's true, maybe I am just so used to talking to her all the time that it felt a bit weird. Again you're right, I am dedicating all my time to her even though she has a bf and I need to stop doing that because I will just get hurt.

So how do you suggest I go from here? We are good friends, always together in uni, always talk, etc.

Ignore her for a while. Put your mind at something else. Don't answer her texts immediately.

Obviously if in person she wants to talk then talk to her but don't make it seem you have all the time in the world for her. I'm assuming you have other friends too and maybe you should spend more time with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending