The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kateg7
Does anyone know how many are interviewed at warwick? And how many offers made to fill 164 places?

380 interviews/Selection Centre places for 177 places. So 2.15 interviews to every place.
Reply 401
Original post by LostInYourMusic
380 interviews/Selection Centre places for 177 places. So 2.15 interviews to every place.

They will no doubt issue more offers than they have places so the odds are rather good :smile:
Reply 402
So I've heard back from Warwick and their advice is for me to miss my full time job off of my work experience form if I don't want them to ask for a reference at the time of the selection centres. Which is very frustrating as all I want is for them to wait until I have a firm offer before asking for references. I have offered copies of my contract and job description in advance but no luck. I guess I'm fortunate in that I have 70 hours experience anyway but it's not as good without my job.
Original post by M150
So I've heard back from Warwick and their advice is for me to miss my full time job off of my work experience form if I don't want them to ask for a reference at the time of the selection centres. Which is very frustrating as all I want is for them to wait until I have a firm offer before asking for references. I have offered copies of my contract and job description in advance but no luck. I guess I'm fortunate in that I have 70 hours experience anyway but it's not as good without my job.

Sorry to hear that but tbh I don't think the quality/quantity/whatever of your work exp counts. They may interview blind of the forms and also I think it's just to make sure that everybody has some work exp! You can still impress them superbly at interview as you can surely talk about lots of situations :smile:
What is the interview structure like at Warwick?
And any tips???

Really scared and nervous.
Original post by M150

I honestly don't think, from reading the guidelines, that it makes a blind bit of difference once you're past the 70 hours. So I would say that it's simply not worth stressing about what to put down, personally I'm going to put down the ones for which I can most easily get a reference, if required, and which come to at least 70 hours, and not worry about the rest.
So just to confirm, with the evidence letter of work experience, do we just have to take them to selection centre and they will randomly check some of them there? Or do you think we will be informed in advance of selection centre if we are the chosen few?
Is anyone else having a bit of trouble with the form? I keep typing a date of 29/11/2013 as the start date for one of my experiences and every time I press next and the bottom, it stops me and says the date is invalid, showing it as not having been entered. :s-smilie:

Edit: Ok solved by changing date to 1/12/2013, not sure why that worked.

Original post by crazypretzel
So just to confirm, with the evidence letter of work experience, do we just have to take them to selection centre and they will randomly check some of them there? Or do you think we will be informed in advance of selection centre if we are the chosen few?

My reading of it was that only those who are picked have to bring evidence! Might be wrong though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by emmaaa88
Is anyone else having a bit of trouble with the form? I keep typing a date of 29/11/2013 as the start date for one of my experiences and every time I press next and the bottom, it stops me and says the date is invalid, showing it as not having been entered. :s-smilie:

I remember reading something, it may have been in the guide, about if you don't remember the exact date then put the 1st or 15th of the month whichever is closer. It could have something to do with that?
Reply 409
I have a weeks worth of work experience at 30 hours , 51 hours of hospital voluntary experience and 4 weeks of full time employment in a hospital role; will this suffice? With regards to references, I can ask a Band 7 for a reference and a registrar that I shadowed is happy to send one too but my volunteer co-ordinator is on secondment :/
Original post by hawflo
I have a weeks worth of work experience at 30 hours , 51 hours of hospital voluntary experience and 4 weeks of full time employment in a hospital role; will this suffice? With regards to references, I can ask a Band 7 for a reference and a registrar that I shadowed is happy to send one too but my volunteer co-ordinator is on secondment :/

Yes. Providing it is within the past 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
I have done 2 weeks shadowing in a hospital in zambia, but the contact details for the person I shadowed are not known, he switched hospital I last heard.

What should i put down as the reference?
Or am I better off just omitting it from my warwick wrk experience form?
Reply 412
Hi, quick question

does this mean that if you have 2 experiences that total more than 70, you can just put those 2 down and submit the form and as long as it exceeds 70 hours, its ok?

Also even if one of the experience is unrelated to NHS care can you use that. the experience was working and helping children with learniing difficulties as a volunteer.

thanks
Did anyone get email confirmation after they submitted their work experience form. Really worried that I might have put the wrong details, or maybe its just paranoia...
I haven't submitted my form. I'm waiting for my work exp. contacts to get back to me by tomorrow (as they're open 7 days a week). If I don't get their email then I'm just going to put 70 hours as apparently Warwick don't care as long as you've done 70 hours which I've definitely done as I've done double shifts for over a year now. Am I silly for waiting? :s-smilie:
Original post by santi_92
I haven't submitted my form. I'm waiting for my work exp. contacts to get back to me by tomorrow (as they're open 7 days a week). If I don't get their email then I'm just going to put 70 hours as apparently Warwick don't care as long as you've done 70 hours which I've definitely done as I've done double shifts for over a year now. Am I silly for waiting? :s-smilie:

No of course not! Deadline is there for a reason as long as you meet it its fine! :smile:
Original post by santi_92

Yeah same problem. I had contacted two of my hospital placements earlier in December and they both promised to send me the letters, but alas nothing yet. So have just listed five other work experiences instead. A bit miffed though as on the form thingy it now looks like I only did one hospital placement... But I guess it doesn't actually matter anyway.
Original post by Awesome_Alien
No of course not! Deadline is there for a reason as long as you meet it its fine! :smile:

Original post by aGEMapplicant
Yeah same problem. I had contacted two of my hospital placements earlier in December and they both promised to send me the letters, but alas nothing yet. So have just listed five other work experiences instead. A bit miffed though as on the form thingy it now looks like I only did one hospital placement... But I guess it doesn't actually matter anyway.

Yeah, you're both right. Well back to procrastination/revision/interview prep I go :rolleyes:
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Did anyone get email confirmation after they submitted their work experience form. Really worried that I might have put the wrong details, or maybe its just paranoia...

No, I didn't get confirmation.
Original post by emmaaa88

Edit: Ok solved by changing date to 1/12/2013, not sure why that worked.

My reading of it was that only those who are picked have to bring evidence! Might be wrong though.

This is realllly late, sorry, but the third(?) experience dates were in the format MM/DD/YYYY for some reason, as opposed to DD/MM/YYYY for 1, 2, 4 and 5 :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending