The Student Room Group

How do I flirt with girls?

Alright so I'm looking for help on how to talk to girls and approach them because - this is going to be hard to swallow but please don't judge me - I was homosexual previously. I mean I still am but I can't be homosexual due to personal reasons however I still want to be in a relationship with someone so I'm going to have to settle with a girl since I can't be gay.

Anyway I have no experience of talking or flirting with girls? I'm not looking for sex.

Scroll to see replies

Why can't you be gay?
Reply 2
Original post by Master Jack
Alright so I'm looking for help on how to talk to girls and approach them because - this is going to be hard to swallow but please don't judge me - I was homosexual previously. I mean I still am but I can't be homosexual due to personal reasons however I still want to be in a relationship with someone so I'm going to have to settle with a girl since I can't be gay.

Anyway I have no experience of talking or flirting with girls? I'm not looking for sex.

Did it not cross your mind that that's quite unfair on the girl?
Why 'can't' you be homosexual?

its your own choice. don't let people put you off. if you want to flirt with a girl. flirt with her. if you want to be with a guy. be with him.

btw. i suggest talking with her, maybe exchange numbers. go on a date.
An ex-homosexual? Sorry but I can only see it ending badly. You're not sure of your sexuality.
Are you attracted to girls or not?

If not, don't you think it would be a little heartless to play with their feelings when you are just using them to hide your sexuality?

It came naturally to me how to flirt so it's hard to explain.
Reply 6
We thank Jesus that your ending your homosexual life.... You are an example of my argument that Homosexuality IS A choice. May God bless you and may he help more in your life amen.

BTW i dont know how to answer your question on flirting with girls, i dont know how to flirt too, just commented because of your change in sexuality

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
That's like saying "I was born with two hands but for personal reasons I can't have two hands, so I need advice on the least painful way to remove them - because I have decided I should have hooks for hands instead"

if you're gay then you're gay. Don't fight it. There's nothing wrong with it and behaving otherwise will just hurt yourself and others you get involved with.
Original post by O.Ozz
We thank Jesus that your ending your homosexual life.... You are an example of my argument that Homesxuality IS A choice. May God bless you and may he help more in your life amen.

BTW i dont know how to answer your question on flirting with girls, i dont know how to flirt too, just commented because of your change in sexuality

Spoiler

This is not proof homosexuality is a choice, as this gentleman is just oppressing his feelings. God, should also not be involved in this conversation at all. I respect your viewpoint, but you cant just tell someone its all because of God. That is wrong. I'm Catholic, well more agnostic.
Once a homosexual always a homosexual. You're either bi or gay no way around it.
Hey, as the others have said. It is harsh on the girl. However, if you want to just introduce yourself to them and become friends. Just say Hi, tell them your name and try to find common ground, or talk to them about what's happening around ýou both. Personally, I think flirtation should be casual, not forced, and at a later stage in a friendship. Hope I helped :biggrin:
Get yourself a ladyboy. Then you can cover all the bases.
Original post by beckaroo7
Why can't you be gay?

For personal reasons that I'd rather not get into. The main point is that I cannot be gay and that's my choice nobody is coercing me to change my sexuality.

Do you have any tips? For talking with girls? I'm new to the whole thing.
Original post by Black Cat
Once a homosexual always a homosexual. You're either bi or gay no way around it.

That's besides the point I'm making an active choice not to be homosexual. You should support my choice.
Troll alert.
An ex-homosexual? lolwut
For personal reasons that I'd rather not get into. The main point is that I cannot be gay and that's my choice nobody is coercing me to change my sexuality.

Send her toast in an envelope. I hear they really like that.
I'd appreciate it if people were more supportive of my choice regardless of their personal feelings towards my decision.

Well if you're not a troll then the point that we're all making is that if you're gay then you're gay, you can't change your sexuality no matter how hard you try.
I'd appreciate it if people were more supportive of my choice regardless of their personal feelings towards my decision.

It's harder to do that because of what you previously said. People think you're oppressed because of your sexuality so are trying to make you feel comfortable wîth yourself. Its brave of you to try and change, but your real sexuality will be revealed, whether you like it or not....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending