The Student Room Group

Would you leave your partner if they didn't want intercourse?

If your girlfriend or boyfriend didn't want intercourse (for whatever reason maybe it hurt or she was scared of sti's etc) but was willing to do other sexual things, would you leave her/him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I wouldn't leave them over that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they NEVER wanted sex? Yes I would probably leave them.
Reply 3
Original post by Precious Illusions
If they NEVER wanted sex? Yes I would probably leave them.

Even if it's because it hurt them?
Probabily not, but I'd at least expect her to give me a handjob or sommat
Original post by Anonymous
If your girlfriend or boyfriend didn't want intercourse (for whatever reason maybe it hurt or she was scared of sti's etc) but was willing to do other sexual things, would you leave her/him?

Nope. Wouldn't really bother me if they never wanted sex. In fact I'd probably agree with them. :cool:
Reply 6
Ever? Would deffo leave
Yes, I have a high sex drive and doubt I would cope for long without a lorra lorra sex. I could possibly cope without P-in-V if really pushed (if it hurt her) but I'd be disappointed if she really didn't want to try to find solutions and simply said no to sex outright (perfectly entitled to do that, but it would kill the relationship).

Nothing against asexuals :smile:
I want it three times a day, so yes.
(edited 9 years ago)
yes
Even if it's because it hurt them?

Why does it hurt them? If they'd seen a doctor and were trying to find a solution etc then that's one thing, but to say they'd never have sex is another thing altogether.
It depends on the reason why. If it was a physical problem I'd get him medical help. If it was a psychological reason I'd get him psychological help. If those things didn't work then I'd be upset but no I wouldn't leave.

If it was because he didn't want me for some reason, or if he was getting his jiggy on with someone else, then yes I would leave.
Why does it hurt them? If they'd seen a doctor and were trying to find a solution etc then that's one thing, but to say they'd never have sex is another thing altogether.

I just noticed you are female so are likely talking about a guy, in which case it is unlikely to hurt. I was talking more from a females point of view where rather than pleasurable, sex might feel more like being sawn in half lol.
I just noticed you are female so are likely talking about a guy, in which case it is unlikely to hurt. I was talking more from a females point of view where rather than pleasurable, sex might feel more like being sawn in half lol.

Have you had sex before OP? I can relate, as I can find sex quite painful sometimes BUT you can work around that. Ie, more foreplay, different positions etc. My friend has severe vaginismus but can still have sex in certain positions.
Have you had sex before OP? I can relate, as I can find sex quite painful sometimes BUT you can work around that. Ie, more foreplay, different positions etc. My friend has severe vaginismus but can still have sex in certain positions.

Not intercourse no but it hurts even when putting a Tampon in : /

I will admit, the other thing I really worry about too is sti's. I've been seeing an older guy in his late thirties and I know he has had a lot of women, he seems to go out with women for months and then change his woman..a player (red flag I know but that's beside the topic) but I still like him. He also tried it on one night with no mention of a condom and said that he would use the 'pull out' method so he probably hasn't been safe in his past. Even with a condom sti's like hpv are easily spread. I get the impression that people see it as being a bit over the top to tell new partners to get tested before sex though. So I suppose my sti 'phobia' is part of the reason of avoiding intercourse too.
I wouldn't, in fact, for me, it would be a blessing as I neither like or particularly desire sex very much
Original post by mojojojo101
I wouldn't, in fact, for me, it would be a blessing as I neither like or particularly desire sex very much

You and I were made for each other ; )
Reply 17

I love sex but suffer from a (psychological) condition which makes it very painful for me due to my PC muscles tightening involuntarily whenever someone tries to penetrate. I had sex few weeks ago with someone I have been FWBs for a long time with and see occasionally and it made me cry my eyes out!
I made a conscious choice to stay single while I work towards solving this and feel ready for more regular sex. I practise on myself pretty much every day... Not as fun as it sounds :frown: If I did have a committed partner right now for what ever reason I would be open to other things and definitely working towards the problem together regularly. I can understand why someone would leave and I don't think I really want to put anyone through it all anyway even if they wanted to stay. It's hard enough for me alone and very frustrating.

Just thought I would put in a perspective of someone who isn't able to have intercourse (not that I don't want it!).
Yes.
Reply 19
Original post by TheWaffle
Nope. Wouldn't really bother me if they never wanted sex. In fact I'd probably agree with them. :cool:

Original post by mojojojo101

If you are boys, then you are both perfect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending