The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Questions about accommodation?

Hi so i've got an offer for 2015 and i want to apply asap for accommodation i just have some questions:

How does the bed and bistro catering system work? Like do you get a set amount to spend each day??

How far away is parkwood

Parkwood vs keynes, ensuite which is better

And finally for the turing houses it says one bathroom per 2 people.. so how many share a house?

Any info apprwciated!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Hi so i've got an offer for 2015 and i want to apply asap for accommodation i just have some questions:

How does the bed and bistro catering system work? Like do you get a set amount to spend each day??

How far away is parkwood

Parkwood vs keynes, ensuite which is better

And finally for the turing houses it says one bathroom per 2 people.. so how many share a house?

Any info apprwciated!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Exactly as it says - " The package includes an en suite bedroom and weekday breakfasts and dinners in our flagship bistro, Dolche Vita, located in Keynes College." This is different to Eliot/Rutherford where you're only getting breakfast included in the price (or if you don't have breakfast, £2 off at dinner).

2) It's really not far, a five or so minutes walk and you're by the science buildings/gym. One extra minute or so and you're at the back of the library :wink:

3) It's very subjective, both have their pros and cons. Both sets of flats are very nice - I'd probably put Parkwood over Keynes but there's very little to argue between the two.

4) No idea about Turing, I'm afraid.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Turing is still not finished, I would not apply for Turing at all, not until it's built.
Original post by harrykirkby
Turing is still not finished, I would not apply for Turing at all, not until it's built.

Yeah i was worrying about that -tho at the open day they said it would be finished for sept 2015.. i dont think i'll take the chance tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i was worrying about that -tho at the open day they said it would be finished for sept 2015.. i dont think i'll take the chance tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know people that were meant to be living in there last year, so I wouldnt believe it.
Original post by harrykirkby
I know people that were meant to be living in there last year, so I wouldnt believe it.

Im putting keynes down i think! Oh really :/ where did they end up?
Is there any big advantage to keynes flats over keynes houses.??
Im putting keynes down i think! Oh really :/ where did they end up?

As far as I know, they ended up in off campus accommodation, with compensation from the uni.

Keynes in general is lovely. No real difference between flats/houses, basically the same. Most people I know/spend time with either live in Parkwood or Tyler.
Do they offer studio accomodation for 2015 entry UG students ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending