The Student Room Group

why do you want to work for us? (HELP!!)

So I'm a student I just got deemed redundant because my boss can know longer afford to keep me on :/ I'm currently applying for everything and anything, but I keep coming across this same question, "Why do you want to work for us?" I haven't a clue how to answer this because the only reason I'm applying is because I'm skint and need money to be able to afford to get to and from college -__- someone please help... :smile:
Original post by charliiesparks
So I'm a student I just got deemed redundant because my boss can know longer afford to keep me on :/ I'm currently applying for everything and anything, but I keep coming across this same question, "Why do you want to work for us?" I haven't a clue how to answer this because the only reason I'm applying is because I'm skint and need money to be able to afford to get to and from college -__- someone please help... :smile:

Just go on the website or whatever and just talk about their beliefs and how it relates to you and all. Talk about some skills which you believe you can link to working at the store which can help you develop as a character

Because you like/buy their products and feel you could sell them with confidence

Because you have used their services

Because the job fits with your previous skills

Because the job fits with your career aspirations

And if it is a non-career type job and you are a student - because I am saving money/working through me degree - is a refreshing honesty. But only say it in conjunction with another, stronger reason.
Original post by threeportdrift
Because you like/buy their products and feel you could sell them with confidence

Because you have used their services

Because the job fits with your previous skills

Because the job fits with your career aspirations

And if it is a non-career type job and you are a student - because I am saving money/working through me degree - is a refreshing honesty. But only say it in conjunction with another, stronger reason.

thats great thank you, i just kept coming across the same question on each job i applied for and it just got me a little stumped. :smile:
thats great thank you, i just kept coming across the same question on each job i applied for and it just got me a little stumped. :smile:

It can be a very important question. in jobs like basic retail or even may graduate roles, where the majority of applicants could perfectly well do the job, a genuine sounding, strong answer to this question can make your application stand out. Its worth spending some time on. But don't just regurgitate sales figures and what the company already says about itself.
Reply 5
You like meeting and working with different people. (Retail)
you want to work for a big company with opportunities for progression.
You want to work for a smaller company where you don't just feel like a cog in the wheel.
you like their products/services.
You like their reputation of treatment of employees/customers/charities/business values.
The role suits your skillset. (Communication, attention to detail, focusing on specific tasks)
These are really good thanks guys! Hopefully I'll stick out to someone within my many applications 😂 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending